GUILTY NC - Latricia Scott, 24, Wilmington, 11 Jan 2012

Detectives focused their search on an area of loose dirt in the backyard. They roped it off to create a boundary and are digging around the area to take samples. Detectives say they found the body buried.

Police say that two men were arrested at this same house Thursday night, a day after the woman's family reported she had gone missing. One of the men was arrested on charges for outstanding warrants and the other for interfering with that arrest.

According to officials, the two men arrested Thursday night are not suspects in this case, but detectives have a person in mind.

Officials said they are not prepared to release her name or any other details at this time, but do say they are treating the situation as a missing person's case.

Authorities said the missing woman did not live at the home.
http://www.wsfx.com/story/16514400/...rch-home-for-evidence-in-missing-persons-case

wow... this one is pretty horrible!

The search for information in a missing person case led police to find a body buried at a house in downtown Wilmington.

WPD spokesman Kevin Smith says police received a missing person report Wednesday. While following up on that report this morning, they found a body buried at a home on 4th and Cowan Streets on the north end of downtown. Smith says investigators are now working to identify the body. He said police are not yet releasing the name of the missing person.
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/01/13/police-find-buried-body-while-investigating-missing-person

yup... this is NC... will start new thread and move these over

LE has not released the name of the missing person or said if this is her so for now we have an unknown missing person in Wilmington, NC

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/01/13/police-find-buried-body-while-investigating-missing-person

The search for information in a missing person case led police to find a body buried at a house in downtown Wilmington.

WPD spokesman Kevin Smith says police received a missing person report Wednesday. While following up on that report this morning, they found a body buried at a home on 4th and Cowan Streets on the north end of downtown. Smith says investigators are now working to identify the body. He said police are not yet releasing the name of the missing person.

I think this is someone that we haven't heard reported on yet?....

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2012/01/13/search-for-young-woman-leads-to-body-buried-yard

Police say they found the body this morning in a shallow grave outside the home at North 4th and Cowan Streets.

"My first thought was I was shocked," said William Wells, who lives in the home. "I said, 'no. Oh, my goodness, that couldn't be true.'"

The female body was discovered outside the house at 1115 Cowan Street on the north end of downtown Wilmington.

Police spokesman Kevin Smith says family members of a young woman had notified police Tuesday she was missing and was last seen at that house.

"As part of that investigation, we determined that she might have been at this address, so an officer came out here and responded in attempt to try and locate her," Smith said.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...in-connection-with-woman-found-buried-in-yard

Police arrested Andrew Bernard Adams at a house at 815 N. 6th St. and charged him with first-degree murder.

“He's a bad guy. He's in all likelihood a serial rapist,” Wilmington Police Chief Ralph Evangelous said at the scene after Adams was taken into custody. “He never should have been let back on the street.”

Adams, 55, is a registered sex offender who served time in prison on several occasions for assault and rape convictions, according to state corrections records.

This is terrible! Going to look for his mug shot.

wm

From above link.......

Police did not say whether the woman who was reported missing, Latricia Scott, was the dead woman.

Nevertheless, close friends and neighbors feared the worst after word spread in the morning that police had exhumed the body.

“She was such a sweet person and she was special in some ways,” said Susie Mitchell, who said she helped raise Scott and that Scott called her “Grandmother.”

“She never bothered anybody," Mitchell said. "She was just a beautiful person.”

Neighbors said they saw a man outside some days before digging in the area where the body was found.

“They heard her screaming and fighting but never went in there to help,” said Bill Hodges, a 52-year-old painter who lives nearby. “Then everything got quiet.”

How sad!!!!

014144S9.jpg

http://www.homefacts.com/images/offenders/northcarolina/thumb/014144S9.jpg

http://www.starnewsonline.com/artic...in-connection-with-woman-found-buried-in-yard

Police arrested Andrew Bernard Adams at a house at 815 N. 6th St. and charged him with first-degree murder.

“He's a bad guy. He's in all likelihood a serial rapist,” Wilmington Police Chief Ralph Evangelous said at the scene after Adams was taken into custody. “He never should have been let back on the street.”

Adams, 55, is a registered sex offender who served time in prison on several occasions for assault and rape convictions, according to state corrections records.

This is terrible! Going to look for his mug shot.

wm

How this guy was let out of prison boggles my mind. He served time in prison on SEVERAL occasions for assault and rape convictions. WTF?

What is wrong with people these days...I mean you hear a woman screaming and you do nothing and she is deceased now so whatever they were doing to her she must have been screaming for her life and no one does anything I can understand somewhat with going over to see whats going on but surely they could have called 911 exspecially after the screaming just stops and u see someone out digging in the back yard..We hear of this happening more and more where standers by do nothing. I can't speak for anyone else but i know myself and i couldn't live with myself knowing i heard all that and did nothing ...

CanManEh, That is a sketchy part of town. There is alot of crime in that area. But that is no excuse for NOT dialing 911!

I agree ~nt~, WTF?

What is wrong with people these days...I mean you hear a woman screaming and you do nothing and she is deceased now so whatever they were doing to her she must have been screaming for her life and no one does anything I can understand somewhat with going over to see whats going on but surely they could have called 911 exspecially after the screaming just stops and u see someone out digging in the back yard..We hear of this happening more and more where standers by do nothing. I can't speak for anyone else but i know myself and i couldn't live with myself knowing i heard all that and did nothing ...

I think they should be charged also. This young lady could still be alive if someone had called 911. I don't get it. :furious:

OMG, I'd be terrified of that guy just to see him.
The laws have got to change. When I was looking at the RSO list for a small town, there are convicted "violent predators" released from prison, living a normal life. IMO they should be either chemically or physically castrated if they can't keep them locked up.

OMG, I'd be terrified of that guy just to see him.
The laws have got to change. When I was looking at the RSO list for a small town, there are convicted "violent predators" released from prison, living a normal life. IMO they should be either chemically or physically castrated if they can't keep them locked up.

unfortunately i doubt that would solve the problem. its not about the sex its about the control usually. even being castrated the thoughts would still be in their heads, that desire, that need. and well, let's face it...there are other ways of raping a person besides physically.

unfortunately i doubt that would solve the problem. its not about the sex its about the control usually. even being castrated the thoughts would still be in their heads, that desire, that need. and well, let's face it...there are other ways of raping a person besides physically.

I was under the impression that castration stops testosterone, therefore the thoughts and need would not be there.
You could be correct though, I haven't done any research on this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back