GUILTY CA - Francisco Rodriguez, 17, murdered at his Winnetka home, 11 Jan 2012

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
This is an odd one. LE hasn't identified a suspect(s) yet? Surely at that age there should be a social networking cell phone trail or something.

A knock, three gunshots and a mysterious slaying in Winnetka

A senior soccer player at El Camino Real Charter High is killed in his frontyard after a girl knocks on the door of the family's Winnetka home. Police haven't identified a motive or suspects.

Story
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-student-killed-20120113,0,710569.story

Slideshow
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-francisco-rodriguez-jr-pictures,0,7615356.photogallery

(snip)
A dark-colored SUV was parked outside the house when she ran outside, and Rodriguez said she saw people in the vehicle who she believes fired the shots. She didn't see the girl who had come to the door, and the car sped away. Shattered glass was on the curb.

Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Richard French said detectives had not identified a motive or suspects as of Thursday afternoon.

(snip)
Rodríguez, nicknamed Ponchito by family and friends, had just returned home from a soccer game.

"He never answers the door," said another cousin, Janette Nuño, leading the family to believe he was expecting a visitor, perhaps someone who had texted or called him on his cellphone to say they were coming over.
"He didn't even have his shoes on yet. He went out in his socks," said Nuño, standing in the bloodstained front yard, steps from where Rodríguez was shot to death Wednesday night.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...ear-old-california-soccer-star/#ixzz1jNwUNBE2

The red haired girl must have been pretty confident that nobody else in the home could recognize her. Pretty confident on her part to knock on the door like that, imo. It is very surprising that none of his friends would know who she was.

I wonder if there's a soccer connection? Someone from an opposing team?

Francisco Rodriguez, a 17-year-old boys' soccer player from El Camino Real High, was shot and killed Wednesday in Winnetka, less than an hour after he competed in a West Valley League match against rival Taft.

The final score was 0-0, but there could still be bad blood. And only an hour later means that emotions could still be running really high.

I wonder if there's a soccer connection? Someone from an opposing team?

The final score was 0-0, but there could still be bad blood.

I know lots of kids and athletes from that area. None that I know are that vindictive about the school games. I think it is more likely that it is over a girl.
He was a very popular kid and lots of girls had crushes on him. Makes me wonder if someone was angry with him about that.

The girl at the door-was she send to get him out of the house?

The girl at the door-was she send to get him out of the house?

I think so. Either that, or she was followed there by the shooters and now she is too scared to come out.

So a girl comes to the door, knocks on it, knowing his family is home and may answer it and see her. Would she do that if she was leading him into the line of fire?

I am wondering if she was blindsided as well. Maybe she was tricked into it. Or maybe she was followed by a jealous boyfriend.

Police seek young woman who lured El Camino Real soccer goalie Francisco Rodriguez to his death in Winnetka

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_19743203

(snip)
Police, who announced
no arrests as of Friday night, described the woman as a Latina in her late teens or early 20s, about 5 feet-1 inch and 120 pounds. Her hair may have been dyed red or auburn, and she was wearing a dark sweater, police said.
Neighbor Jose Meza told ABC7 Francisco's mother answered the door and "she said it was a girl who came to the door. And he came out, he wasn't even wearing shoes, he was wearing socks. He must've went up to the car, they shot him, and he turned around and took steps toward his house, and he landed right on this front yard."

(snip)
A dark-colored SUV was parked outside the house when she ran outside, and Rodriguez said she saw people in the vehicle who she believes fired the shots. She didn't see the girl who had come to the door, and the car sped away. Shattered glass was on the curb.

Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Richard French said detectives had not identified a motive or suspects as of Thursday afternoon.

[bbm]

shattered glass from the car window? did they shoot through the window when they could've just put it down? smells gang-related to me ...

Two arrests, more details to come this afternoon:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8508499

WINNETKA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two people have been arrested in the murder of a high school soccer player who was lured out of his Winnetka home last week.

Police planned to release more details on the arrests during a 3 p.m. news conference.

A source told Eyewitness News that a male and a female were arrested. They may have been detained several days ago, according to the source, but investigators did not have sufficient evidence until Monday night.

My speculation when first hearing this story was that it was romance-jealousy related, because that is what usually involves killings of teenagers when a female is involved in the crime.

Today on our local station, KFI, I heard that indeed, some neighbors state they had seen the red-haired girl hanging around with Francisco, and it appeared they were dating.

I also heard that when he went to the door and saw the girl standing there, he took a step back inside, looked at his sister with a fearful look, and then went out the door.

Friends of his said he is not the type to shy from trouble, and usually faces things head on.

Very sad. He was a very good kid by all accounts.

Why do young people think they are going to be able to get away with something like this? That's another thing that seemed clear to be early on - that they'd make an arrest quickly. He gets a text or call, there is a recognizable girl who comes to the door and then he's shot. These kids didn't figure that the police would be able to trace them fairly quickly? So stupid.

ETA: The arrest, per the radio, of one of the suspects was of a red-haired girl.

My speculation when first hearing this story was that it was romance-jealousy related, because that is what usually involves killings of teenagers when a female is involved in the crime.

Today on our local station, KFI, I heard that indeed, some neighbors state they had seen the red-haired girl hanging around with Francisco, and it appeared they were dating.

I also heard that when he went to the door and saw the girl standing there, he took a step back inside, looked at his sister with a fearful look, and then went out the door.

Friends of his said he is not the type to shy from trouble, and usually faces things head on.

Very sad. He was a very good kid by all accounts.

Why do young people think they are going to be able to get away with something like this? That's another thing that seemed clear to be early on - that they'd make an arrest quickly. He gets a text or call, there is a recognizable girl who comes to the door and then he's shot. These kids didn't figure that the police would be able to trace them fairly quickly? So stupid.

ETA: The arrest, per the radio, of one of the suspects was of a red-haired girl.

This town is just 30 minutes south of mine. I know a few kids from the area. The streets are saying that she did not know that he was going to be shot. The gossip is that her ex forced her to take him over there, and told her he was going to have a face to face discussion about the situation. She did not know he was going to shoot Pablo. For her sake, I hope that is true. And it makes sense, because she went right to the front door and knocked, knowing other family was there.

I think the problem for the girl will be, if it is a case of her not knowing what was going to happen, that she SHOULD have told LE as soon as she could safely. IF she waited until LE caught up with her, well she'll most likely be tried as an accessory.

Isn't that how it would work gitana1?

fran

I think the problem for the girl will be, if it is a case of her not knowing what was going to happen, that she SHOULD have told LE as soon as she could safely. IF she waited until LE caught up with her, well she'll most likely be tried as an accessory.

fran
Agreed. I think she is going to turn state's witness. But I think her defense is that she was too scared to step forward.

fran

I am guessing she at the very least suspected there were going to be trouble.

fran

Yes, it is. She had a duty to call the authorities immediately, and scream that she had no idea what was going to happen. Hiding out and waiting for them to come to her, makes her an accessory, at least after the fact.

But Katy is probably right. In exchange for helping LE, she'll probably get a deal.

Her unwillingness to come forward right away, however, speaks volumes to me about her character and for now, I'm hoping for some prison time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back