This 1971 Movie Opening Scene Sadly Reminds Me of JonBenet

mtwentz

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this, A Howling in the Woods? It depicts a little girl, a few years older than JonBenet but looking eerily like her, being killed in the basement.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1l-arrm1F8"]A Howling in the Woods (1971) P1 - YouTube[/ame]

Curiously, the Killer has a J'onBenet connection'. See it to the end and you'll see what I mean.

Sorry- I must have missed it. What was the JonBenet connection?

I also missed the JonBenet connection but I was half-watching, half-looking at other tabs.

One thing that reminds me of this case for me is there was a hugely popular children's book series called The Babysitters Club and one of these books is about some of the little girls entering a child beauty pageant. The book was published in 1988, and the pageants were natural not glitz, but it was interesting to see how different pageants were viewed in the span of 9 years. One character had a problem with the pageant in the book, and it was because it was sexist. But I feel that there's no way a book would mention girls entering a child beauty pageant today, and if it did, they would clarify over and over that it wasn't those types of pageants.

Sorry, not a direct JonBenet connection, but a connection to the dramatization of her story.

Hint: Look at the actor who plays the killer and think what other movies he played in.

I know...I know...it's kind of dumb...but no dumber than John Ramsey pointing the finger at Fleet White or Bill McReynolds.

I too missed what was supposed to be a hint to JBR. If by the killer you mean the young man who is the son of the new wife and is therefore a step brother to the leading lady then I'm flummoxed! I am not up to date on names but he seems familiar by voice and eyes as someone we've seen often as an actor. But names escape me. And just by that small clip it is hard to tell who is the killer.

If not the kid then who is the killer?

OK, actually I was referring to the actor, John Rubinstein.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0748270/

Fast forward 29 years and he plays Rev. Hoverstock in Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, the film abut JonBenet Ramsey. When I saw Perfect Murder, I remembered this 1971 TV classic and how Rubinstein played the character that killed the little girl with the doll.

I just thought I'd put that piece of trivia out there as a break from all the speculation PDI vs. BDI vs. JDI, because that part gets frustrating and goes in a circle. And I'm hoping Trisha's "good news" will come soon and give us something new to post about.

I was strongly reminded of the JonBenet case when I read The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher, a true crime book based on the Victorian Constance Kent case.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constance_Kent"]Constance Kent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Sometime between the night of 29 June and the morning of 30 June 1860, Francis Saville "Saville" Kent (almost four years old) disappeared from his home, Road Hill House, in the village of Rode (spelled "Road" at the time), then in Wiltshire. His body was found in the vault of an outhouse (a privy) on the property. The child, still dressed in his nightshirt and wrapped in a blanket, had knife wounds on his chest and hands, and his throat was slashed so deeply that the body was almost decapitated.

The family discovering the missing child in the morning, and the child being found dead in the house later on are very similar, as is the suspicion that someone in the family was involved.

Sheesh, yet another criminal who ended up in Australia!
;)

OK, actually I was referring to the actor, John Rubinstein.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0748270/

Fast forward 29 years and he plays Rev. Hoverstock in Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, the film abut JonBenet Ramsey. When I saw Perfect Murder, I remembered this 1971 TV classic and how Rubinstein played the character that killed the little girl with the doll.

I just thought I'd put that piece of trivia out there as a break from all the speculation PDI vs. BDI vs. JDI, because that part gets frustrating and goes in a circle. And I'm hoping Trisha's "good news" will come soon and give us something new to post about.

Good catch and interesting trivia, mtwentz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back