Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    Wow, Kelly, that's a heck of a rap sheet. I'm seeing:

3 leaving the scene of an accident (one w/o personal injury and two with personal injury)
    1 DUI w/injury to person or property
    1 assault (DV)

Plus the felon in possession of weapons charges, plus the repeated drug charges, plus the driving on a suspended license, or w/o ID, or giving a false name to an officer...

Well, we won't know until LE tells us, but IMO these items sure do paint a picture of someone who might try to "disappear" someone he hit while driving.

(ETA: n/t, I am really hoping that it was nothing more nefarious than a road accident gone bad, and that he just didn't want to get caught. Which is nefarious enough, of course.)
    But now he's caught so why won't he say where she is? He's already been charged with aggravated kidnapping. If it was an accident and trying not get caught why move her body? Why didn't he just leave her there to be found so she can get a proper burial?

I have a sick feeling there is more going on here.....

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Can anyone find a criminal record for the 22 year old--Michael Keith Spell?

Wonder how these two know each other.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Holy hell, that is a very long rap sheet....and it's only from one state!! Thanks for posting that, Kelly.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I just don't get why they announced she's dead without knowing what happened.

Couldn't they have held them until they had definite evidence that she's dead?
    SBM

I believe they would not say she was dead based solely on confessions; I think they must have forensic evidence that links her to them, probably in or on the vehicle.

If LE is convinced she's dead, then the right thing to do is notify the family, even if they don't have her remains yet. It would be incredibly cruel to leave the family on the emotional rollercoaster of suspecting the worst and hoping for the best. Better to let them know that there is no hope so that they can begin grieving for her.

Once the family has been notified, then they almost have to notify the public. Again, it would be intolerably cruel to tell the family "your loved one is dead but don't tell anyone else." The family needs support from the community, support that is based in reality.

While it is mystifying not to know all the details at this point, I can put up with some confusion. I'm not suffering the way her family and friends are. It sure sounds like the town has rallied around the family, the details can wait.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

http://www.ktvq.com/news/authorities...schoolteacher/

According to that link they are both from Parachute, Colorado....

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KellysGal For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Link to Google map of Parachute, CO.

It looks like a very small town. Last census info I found said population about 1,000. The city website is here, but hasn't been updated in many months. Perusing the old police blotter reports there now.

(ETA: Police blotter is posted from Jan. 2010 up to Feb. 2011, but nothing about either of the suspects here. Lots of DUI incidents. The Grand View Pub is referenced several times.)
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

I wonder if the younger one dumped the older one in ND then was heading back to Parachute to act innocent? Who knows with all the drugs in LVWs past he could have been on a run selling or picking up ... just out on a limb guessing here...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KellysGal For This Useful Post:

Well, I guess its safe to say this guy isnt a trucker, with that many driving violations.

I wonder if Michael Keith Spell (the 22 yr old arrested) has a criminal background? My guess is these two guys worked together in Williston and perhaps they did hit her while she ran alongside the road and due to Mr. Waters long line history of criminal activity they tried to hide her body. For Sherry to be declared dead, I'm guessing the LE have proof of some kind that she is dead but unable to get to her body. This has got to be so painful for this family to not KNOW if she was dead when they took her away to who knows where.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Questionning Mind For This Useful Post:

Looks like Waters got out of jail in FL on 3/26/09.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    I could guess at how the investigation could progress but typing the words isnt easy. Residue? Unless an animal is involved.
    I hope this isn't too much information...

If human remains are eaten by an animal, then human DNA can be found in the animal's feces. It degrades quickly, though, so it has to be recovered quickly.

In the Robert Pickton case in Canada, some of the victims were linked to Pickton by extremely small amounts of blood found on the property. Those victims were declared presumed dead on a combination of lack of contact with loved ones (some of the women, although sex workers, stayed in regular contact with their families), known contact with Robert Pickton, the discovery of flecks of their blood on his property and Pickton's confession to an undercover policeman posing as his cellmate.

No single one of those factors would probably carry enough weight but put together, they made for legal certainty.

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    SBM

I believe they would not say she was dead based solely on confessions; I think they must have forensic evidence that links her to them, probably in or on the vehicle.

If LE is convinced she's dead, then the right thing to do is notify the family, even if they don't have her remains yet. It would be incredibly cruel to leave the family on the emotional rollercoaster of suspecting the worst and hoping for the best. Better to let them know that there is no hope so that they can begin grieving for her.

Once the family has been notified, then they almost have to notify the public. Again, it would be intolerably cruel to tell the family "your loved one is dead but don't tell anyone else." The family needs support from the community, support that is based in reality.

While it is mystifying not to know all the details at this point, I can put up with some confusion. I'm not suffering the way her family and friends are. It sure sounds like the town has rallied around the family, the details can wait.
    Well let's hope you're right about the evidence. I can't imagine what her family is going through and hope I never will. I'm not sure how I would react if I was told my loved one was deceased but they have no body. Probably the same way Rodney Stafford did when LE told him his daughter was dead but no body. He couldn't accept it until he saw her.

So heartbreaking for this family.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Ok... here is another guess... when i was looking at the map of Parachute, I found a Vacuum Truck Service... could the two of them have been working for that company and going to pump out porta potties at any of the oil well sites? I know that is pretty way out there. But the link I had posted said that law enforcement had a truck in their possession.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KellysGal For This Useful Post:

Still, it is hard to imagine LE telling a family their loved one is dead without having her body; I can see telling them they have been TOLD she is dead...there is a big difference, IMO.
    Just my opinion, of course.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    Looks like Waters got out of jail in FL on 3/26/09.
    No, actually that looks like the last time he went in:

Incarceration History:
    Date In-Custody Date Out-of-Custody
    09/11/2002 12/21/2003
    08/16/2007 03/16/2008
    03/26/2009 08/27/2010

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to KellyConQueso For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast