Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Quote Originally Posted by helpful View Post
    I know that some people take issue with this stance, but I think it's a really good idea. The terrain in western ND/eastern MT is incredibly rugged, and the last thing the investigators need is someone else lost out there.
    I agree, especially in the winter. What if a big storm comes through while people are wandering around searching fields.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I had a traveling meat salesman ring my doorbell when we were stationed in Kansas..! I found it strange that they were selling meat door to door
    Where I lived in Colorado Spgs they came by occasionally and even down here in SE Texas too. In fact one just drove by here about an hour ago.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to audie For This Useful Post:

I am on pins and needles with this case - it's so sad and so darn confusing at the same time!

I would like to know where these guys work because I have two thoughts on this: One: They were partying really late and were drunk and hit her (what times do bars close in ND/Montana?) and panicked and put her somewhere, left to die from the elements or
    Two: They were at this hour on their way to work, were late for work, or didn't show up, and this is what prompted the tip. I don't think these guys were just passing through but I could be wrong. I think they were supposed to be somewhere and someone turned them in when they looked at the times.

Please find her soon. This is heartbreaking. She is someone's mama, someone's baby.
    It's only my opinion. But sometimes the truth hurts.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zuckerschnecke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Yuck, how scary! The younger guy looks a little strange, and the older guy, YES, he looks like the other pictures. His face just looks weathered probably from working outside somewhere in the heat! But I think he's the same and sorry, no surgery. Just bad genes and living.
    It's only my opinion. But sometimes the truth hurts.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zuckerschnecke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...osition=recent

Itís a case with echoes of the kidnapping and killing in 2003 of UND student Dru Sjodin.
    It does echo Sjodin case but the perp in Dru's case was a sex offender. Here we don't know what the motive is even though I suspect a lot more than hit and run.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I think they worked together selling or trying to sell meat and came up behind her and probably hit her then picked her up and hide her, jmo for now

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...osition=recent

Itís a case with echoes of the kidnapping and killing in 2003 of UND student Dru Sjodin.
    Echoes the case of Dru Sjodin?:

Possibility of crossing state lines and turning it into a Federal case?

Other than that factor, I see few other similarities from the information in the news.

Sherry Arnold was jogging. There have been a large number of murder cases where a woman was jogging.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    JMO, I'm thinking the difference in LSOA with Waters this time was Spell. There's more to him. imo

ETA: What is that line in middle of Spell's forehead? Scratch? ???

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

http://www.kbzk.com/news/search-unde...ntana-teacher/

per this article she did not have her phone

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926069.../#.TxSGUIH0S9I

A witness reported seeing someone matching the missing woman's description that morning near where the shoe was found,

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I can't get the video to work, maybe you guys can? Seems the media has caught up with WS.

12:45 P.M. UPDATE: Suspect in Sidney teacher's death served time in Florida

Read more: http://missoulian.com/news/state-and...#ixzz1jedylJqv

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by davehead21 View Post
    There is a man who sells meat out of a truck in my parents' neighborhood. He works for some type of company, it's not "fresh" meat. It's been processed and packaged.
    I'm a few pages late to post this but it doesnt happen in the west only. I have had the same type of thing happen in NY. They come late in the day, with prepackaged/ frozen meat. In fact it was an older guy driving and a younger guy knocking on my door. He made me a little nervous but I had 3 large dogs by my side. The thing that struck me as odd was he came to my house only and didn't go to the neighbors right next door. Creepy.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wanting2Help For This Useful Post:

Not sure if I should say this ...but I think if they hit her (accidentally) and killed her; then went on to hide her body ---I believe they should both do jail time.
    They (perps) may say it was all innocent ; but they're putting her loved ones through hell !
    This is my opinion only, but I mean what I say.
    At least they should help the family to be able to bury their loved one.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LietKynes For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Sherry Arnold case update coming up on CNN (not HLN).

FBI wants public's help in locating Sherry.

FBI asks for help finding body of missing Montana teacher

January 16th, 2012

12:18 AM ET

The FBI is asking residents in North Dakota and Montana to help find the body of missing Montana teacher Sherry Arnold.

The 43-year-old wife and mother was last seen on a morning run more than a week ago.

"Based on investigative evidence gathered over the last few days, it is believed that Ms. Arnold may be deceased; her body has not been recovered," the FBI said in a statement Sunday.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/16...iref=allsearch
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 01-16-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Adding article/link

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Maybe it was a drainage ditch or other similar recessed area where the perps. hid the body.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    CI = Criminal Informant
    Or confidential informant.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to audie For This Useful Post:

Unless the reporters know more, then the only similarities thus far I can see to the Dru Sjodin case, is that the perps. could have crossed state lines, and that a single shoe was found.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

“This is a first-time event for our community,” DiFonzo said, adding the national attention the case has received has helped in some ways. However, DiFonzo said authorities have wondered if the case has received too much attention at times.

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/201...c571867870.txt

Say what?

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

From the same article

During a midday press conference at the Williams County Law Enforcement Center, Williston Police Chief Jim Lokken said evidence in the case of the missing woman suggests she is dead and authorities are looking in Williams, McKenzie, Divide and Mountrail counties, as well as in northeast Montana, for her body.

Looks like they've added another county to the search list.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

CI = Criminal Informant
    Thank you! I did wonder if he rolled on a bigger fish in the first case, but the second case seems a little less likely. However, no matter how I looked at it, I just couldn't find the right words to line up with CI.

I hope that he is the one that rolls in this case; but he should get something here. He better not get off scot-free here!! Please let him show LE where to find Sherry; and please build a very strong case to throw away the key against the perpetual criminal in this case!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I can't get the video to work, maybe you guys can? Seems the media has caught up with WS.

12:45 P.M. UPDATE: Suspect in Sidney teacher's death served time in Florida

Read more: http://missoulian.com/news/state-and...#ixzz1jedylJqv
    Quite a bit more information on other crimes here...

http://ori.indian-river.org/

And here...

http://webinfo4.brevardclerk.us/FACTS/facts_search.cfm

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post
    Unless the reporters know more, then the only similarities thus far I can see to the Dru Sjodin case, is that the perps. could have crossed state lines, and that a single shoe was found.
    Sherry's case has reminded me of Dru's case for a handful of days now. Geography, obviously. Both women were doing normal, everyday things. Abductors taking the women across state lines, perps won't/can't say where body is, perps have long rap sheets. There are a couple of other things. I have wondered from the beginning if they would find Sherry's body before the next snowstorm because if they don't, she may not be found until the spring thaw....like Dru.

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by M86 View Post
    Absolutely... Especially in that part of the country. I hate to say it, but finding a buried body up there would be next to impossible, unless you know exactly where it is. All of the land up there is owned by someone, obviously (outside of the federal government), but often times it's pasture land... You wouldn't notice something out of the ordinary... and it's often rented out... A lot of it is pasture land (for cattle, livestock), and for crops (although not so much in that part of Montana/North Dakota... the soil isn't as fertile). Landowners up there definitely need to be on the lookout... But, I wonder where the "treeline" came from... directly from the suspects? That being said, the "treeline" could be anywhere.
    The landowner of record may not even live in the state or region. I have a friend my age (50s) whose great-grandparents abandoned their land in Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl. They were apparently a little better off because they did keep up with the property tax payments (in those first years, literally less than $10/year).

In the 1950s, they sold the oil rights to an oil company. The oil company pays the property taxes and gives them a royalty whenever they drill a producing well on the land. My friend is one of something like 15 heirs and her royalty checks are less than $1K per year. Better than nothing but not a fortune.

And my friend has never even seen that land. She knows where it is on a map but she's never seen it. She has vague plans to see it someday if her travels happen to take her near the area but it hasn't happened yet. I'm pretty sure that if I asked her if there were a treeline on the property, she would nave not the faintest idea.

She doesn't follow crime news the way I do, so the chances of her learning about an identical case in Oklahoma or northern Texas is pretty low.

I'm not saying that is what happened but when I read "vacant farmstead" my heart sank.

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

ďThis is a first-time event for our community,Ē DiFonzo said, adding the national attention the case has received has helped in some ways. However, DiFonzo said authorities have wondered if the case has received too much attention at times.

http://sidneyherald.com/articles/201...c571867870.txt

Say what?
    Apparently DiFonzo doesn't keep up with how missing people cases are best handled these days. How a lot of attention can help immensly. How organized volunteer searches can help. I've heard of backwoods LE, but didn't think they had that in Montana. I've seen hillbilly LE in Tennessee that are way more on the ball than this guy. Just my opinion.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to audie For This Useful Post:

Population by County in North Dakota:

http://www.us-places.com/North-Dakot...-by-County.htm

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast