1257 users online (223 members and 1034 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Engaged couple discovers they are siblings days before wedding

An engaged couple who dated for five years have been left in turmoil after their families met and they discovered they were brother and sister.

The woman, who is due to give birth next month, is devastated by the discovery that the father of her child is her brother.

The couple, who met at university, had decided they wanted to introduce their single parent families to each other before they got married.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1jTMnlU4c

OUCH. That has to hurt.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

So did neither of them ever in those five years tell their parents the name of the person they're dating, had both siblings changed their name since the parents separated, or had both parents forgotten the name of their other child? Neither of them knew the name of their other parent and the topic of the significant other's parents' names never came up?

Can you imagine that meeting??? The parents recognizing each other and then realizing everything. Then telling the kids "we have to talk" Talk about an awkward meeting!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Wow! Those poor kids! That's really, really sad.

I can see this happening more and more in todays society with the changes in the "family unit"

I hope the baby is okay! Lots can happen when siblings procreate.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I hope the baby is okay! Lots can happen when siblings procreate.

from what i understand problems don't normally develop unless its after a few generations. chances are this child will be just fine
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Joey Lawrence........ WHOAA!!

What a sad mess.

Quote Originally Posted by davehead21 View Post

An engaged couple who dated for five years have been left in turmoil after their families met and they discovered they were brother and sister.

The woman, who is due to give birth next month, is devastated by the discovery that the father of her child is her brother.

The couple, who met at university, had decided they wanted to introduce their single parent families to each other before they got married.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1jTMnlU4c
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

In my own little corner in my own little chair
    How sad for this couple.

There was a tv movie like this called Bittersweet Love back in the 70's. Meredith Baxter Birney was the star,and when the families met, they realized the fiance was the child of the affair....a real tear jerker.
    May you dream you are dreaming in a warm soft bed
    and the voices inside you that fill you with dread
    make the sounds of thousands of angels instead
    tonight where you might be laying your head.
    I wish you well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~Patty Griffin~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~Nobody's Crying~~~~~~~~

My posts are my own opinion, unless a link is included.

I used to fear this!!

Before I finally learned the ID of my birth parents, I was always afraid I would end up dating or marrying a half sibling.

"Acquiring a pet may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative".

This is MY truth, and this is my new baby puppy, Beau Monde.
    He will be joined in July by a tiny playmate.
    Please spay and neuter your dogs and cats.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    So did neither of them ever in those five years tell their parents the name of the person they're dating, had both siblings changed their name since the parents separated, or had both parents forgotten the name of their other child? Neither of them knew the name of their other parent and the topic of the significant other's parents' names never came up?
    Amazing, isn't it? One would think the girl's mother would have asked her daughter's boyfriend's name! Wouldn't mom have gotten a hint when she heard his name - the name of her son!

And it took five years to find this out.

Bizarre.
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    Before I finally learned the ID of my birth parents, I was always afraid I would end up dating or marrying a half sibling.
    i'm adopted also. growing up my mom use to get mad if i started dating someone without her knowing who they were. i mean it was BAD she called them dirty pick ups and all that stuff. didn't matter that i met them at school or through church or friends. if my mom didn't know their family....oh boy.

come to find out after i was married mom told me i had a brother out there and she was afraid i'd end up dating him. i always knew i was adopted and if she had explained the reason she was the way she was i would have understood. unfortunately instead she made me feel like something was wrong with me.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast