Engaged couple discovers they are siblings days before wedding

davehead21

Reaction score
:eek:

An engaged couple who dated for five years have been left in turmoil after their families met and they discovered they were brother and sister.

The woman, who is due to give birth next month, is devastated by the discovery that the father of her child is her brother.

The couple, who met at university, had decided they wanted to introduce their single parent families to each other before they got married.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-parents-meet-days-wedding.html#ixzz1jTMnlU4c

So did neither of them ever in those five years tell their parents the name of the person they're dating, had both siblings changed their name since the parents separated, or had both parents forgotten the name of their other child? Neither of them knew the name of their other parent and the topic of the significant other's parents' names never came up?

Can you imagine that meeting??? The parents recognizing each other and then realizing everything. Then telling the kids "we have to talk" Talk about an awkward meeting!

I can see this happening more and more in todays society with the changes in the "family unit"

I hope the baby is okay! Lots can happen when siblings procreate.

I hope the baby is okay! Lots can happen when siblings procreate.

from what i understand problems don't normally develop unless its after a few generations. chances are this child will be just fine :)

Joey Lawrence........ WHOAA!!

:yuck::eek:
:eek:

An engaged couple who dated for five years have been left in turmoil after their families met and they discovered they were brother and sister.

The woman, who is due to give birth next month, is devastated by the discovery that the father of her child is her brother.

The couple, who met at university, had decided they wanted to introduce their single parent families to each other before they got married.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-parents-meet-days-wedding.html#ixzz1jTMnlU4c

How sad for this couple.

There was a tv movie like this called Bittersweet Love back in the 70's. Meredith Baxter Birney was the star,and when the families met, they realized the fiance was the child of the affair....a real tear jerker.

Before I finally learned the ID of my birth parents, I was always afraid I would end up dating or marrying a half sibling.

So did neither of them ever in those five years tell their parents the name of the person they're dating, had both siblings changed their name since the parents separated, or had both parents forgotten the name of their other child? Neither of them knew the name of their other parent and the topic of the significant other's parents' names never came up?

Amazing, isn't it? One would think the girl's mother would have asked her daughter's boyfriend's name! Wouldn't mom have gotten a hint when she heard his name - the name of her son!

And it took five years to find this out. :eek:

Bizarre.

Before I finally learned the ID of my birth parents, I was always afraid I would end up dating or marrying a half sibling.

i'm adopted also. growing up my mom use to get mad if i started dating someone without her knowing who they were. i mean it was BAD she called them dirty pick ups and all that stuff. didn't matter that i met them at school or through church or friends. if my mom didn't know their family....oh boy.

come to find out after i was married mom told me i had a brother out there and she was afraid i'd end up dating him. i always knew i was adopted and if she had explained the reason she was the way she was i would have understood. unfortunately instead she made me feel like something was wrong with me.

Amazing, isn't it? One would think the girl's mother would have asked her daughter's boyfriend's name! Wouldn't mom have gotten a hint when she heard his name - the name of her son!

And it took five years to find this out. :eek:

Bizarre.

Talking. So oldfashioned.

Wouldn't their last names be the same?

What a travesty!

Wouldn't their last names be the same?

What a travesty!

I guess not? It's just strange that in five years of dating they haven't introduced each other to their parents.

from what i understand problems don't normally develop unless its after a few generations. chances are this child will be just fine :)

Not necessarily. Because they have the same father and mother, they have similar genes and could carry the same mutation. If a child inherits that mutation from both parents, that could lead to problems.

They are 2 consenting adults who fell in love, nothing wrong with that.

The very thought of being with any of my siblings is to disturbing to imagine:shakehead: but if there are those out there who truly want to be together then why shouldn't they be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back