Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Joran Van der Sloot Confesses and receives 28 YEARS 1/14/2012

Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post

Titled 'My Personal Story,' van der Sloot was asked to write the text by forensic psychologist Silvia Rojas Regalado as part of a handwriting examination and it is part of an official police document.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ldhood-history
    "I was in jail for three months and then released... After that my dream of studying in the U.S. was impossible."
    Thank goodness!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

Father of Joran Van der Sloot Murder Victim Speaks Out

http://pulitzerandthompson.com/fathe...im-speaks-out/
    Very sad, he is right he put on weight, and became very, very mean looking, he looks much older than his age, where is he now, I just hope they took his cell phone, computer, TV and all his other gadgets away, that I was shocked at hearing, all the things that he had acquired in his cell with a curtain to boot for privacy, I do hope all that comes to an end!! Also let the chips fall where they fall for him!!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ontariolynn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    ...And it sounds like he's again refusing to eat the food they give him so he can get them to let him "order out" like at Castro Castro.

MOO
    I don't know what his motivation is, but I know your translation is better than google's. It's definitely "he avoids eating what they give him" not "eating things that give".

In context, the phrase could also mean he is not eating things that other inmates (the ones with whom he shares the patio, but isn't allowed to talk to) give him. But given his history and the verb tense, your interpretation is probably right:

JVDS has a room, but shares a patio, talks to no one and avoids eating the food the prison gives him.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    He's dreaming. He thought if he 'admitted to the murder' he would get only 8 - 10 years or so. He's not happy that the judges did NOT believe his 'sincere confession.'

(note to Joran.............a SINCERE CONFESSION, also means a TRUTHFUL CONFESSION. Apparently you're not capable of telling the truth, therefore YOU LOSE!)

Maybe now he'll begin to realize that although he's managed to make it through life , it's not gonna happen anymore. At least for the next 26 years! and hopefully beyond.

Almost the WHOLE WORLD has his number now.

JMHO
    fran
    my bolding

So true, it's obvious he thought he was going to walk away with basically a slap on the wrist. Didn't his attorney say at one time he could be out in about a year or two? Looks like they had his apartment all ready for him.

What's he going to come up with as the reason for appealing the sentence? He didn't know what he was pleading to? Those judges looked so mean, he was so scared that he was forced into pleading guilty? He didn't understand his translator? His rights were violated?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ontariolynn View Post
    Very sad, he is right he put on weight, and became very, very mean looking, he looks much older than his age, where is he now, I just hope they took his cell phone, computer, TV and all his other gadgets away, that I was shocked at hearing, all the things that he had acquired in his cell with a curtain to boot for privacy, I do hope all that comes to an end!! Also let the chips fall where they fall for him!!
    At least now he looks as mean and psychotic as he actually is. I think he lured the two victims that we know about (and however many Thai women we have yet to know about) because of his silly bangs and childish appearance. Now he looks mean and ugly and brutish and hopefully he gets some scars to add to that as well. Take away his boyish disguise.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fau7rc1uSV8&feature=player_embedded"]Mary Hamer Joran Van Der Sloot - YouTube[/ame]

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

Whay a nut case, she can kiss her money good bye! I do believe that she is in love, in her sick mind with Joran, well if he needs more money, he will be writing to her again, what kind of Dr. is she by the way??

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ontariolynn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ontariolynn View Post
    Whay a nut case, she can kiss her money good bye! I do believe that she is in love, in her sick mind with Joran, well if he needs more money, he will be writing to her again, what kind of Dr. is she by the way??
    She's a radiologist for a VA hospital.

Words fail me after watching that latest video...

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    At least now he looks as mean and psychotic as he actually is. I think he lured the two victims that we know about (and however many Thai women we have yet to know about) because of his silly bangs and childish appearance. Now he looks mean and ugly and brutish and hopefully he gets some scars to add to that as well. Take away his boyish disguise.
    I assume the clip Dr Drew played tonight was Joran at his trial - whiping sweat off his head with violent motions of his arm? Woahhhhh! Eyes flashing with quick intense glares 'at the Judge' ? Woahhhhhhhh! I thought he was going to explode just standing there flailing around with his arms moving sweat.. Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! He is nuts! That guy belongs in a psych ward - no kidding. No wonder the Judge gave him 28 years. Ill bet the Judge was glad to get out of there, in one piece ???

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to georger For This Useful Post:

How in the world does she think that JVDS' murder conviction should be overturned because she sent money and didn't get it back??

It sure seems that in her mind she is coming to the aid of JVDS again, probably thinking that JVDS would be proud of her, but can't comprehend that all she's done is shine a light on just how they scammed an obviously not well woman.

Notice she makes no mention of JVDS, nothing about the letter he wrote after sentencing, nothing about any emails from him asking for money, nothing about his phone and toys in prison. There's little doubt that JVDS himself asked her for money. As for AVDS, no reason not to believe that MH sent her 20K, did AVDS really keep the money or was JVDS lying when he said he never got it so MH would send him more?

The early emails and correspondences will tell the whole story.

JMHO

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

Video from Dr. Drew's show last night:

http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/...rs/?hpt=dr_bn1

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

LOL, well old Joran hit the big time. He made it into Forbes.

Bet his momma is soooo proud!

NOT!

JMHO
    fran

Love the title!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/20...-a-new-prison/

The Jig Is Up: Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years... And A New Prison Home

full article at link .................http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/20...-a-new-prison/

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

radar online:
    http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...guardian-angel

"The key concern of mine is the unprofessional conduct of Attorney Jimenez," said Hamer from the Lake City, Florida, in an exclusive interview with filmmaker Albert Harris, Jr of Whitelight Productions and cameraman Kell Ramos, that was recorded as part of their upcoming documentary on van der Sloot.

Albert Harris, Jr of Whitelight Productions:

Scambook:
    http://www.scambook.com/report/view/...-on-09-08-2011

White Light Productions/Albert A Harris Jr. contacted us about a new show he was to be producing. Requested a deposit for filming in the amount of $2100.00. We sent the money and then once he received the money he angrily stated he would not do the show and would be returning our money. He has refused to do so and we have discovered he has scammed other people out of money as well, not all the same scam. He preys on those that have been bullied, abused, wrongfully convicted and those that have just fallen into money. He uses prominent peoples names to convince you he is for real but in further research you discover after losing your money that he is a con artist.

MH aligns herself with con artists?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...written-letter

Joran Van Der Sloot Begs His 'Guardian Angel' For More Money, Read His Handwritten Letter

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

The letter to MH from JVDS

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/rad...Mary-Hamer.pdf

This is textbook sociopath manipulation.

JMHO

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...written-letter

Jan 19, 2012
    In an exclusive e-mail to RadarOnline.com, Jimenez confirmed that the letters were written by van der Sloot, he went on to claim that he has returned the $75,000 to Hamer (she denies she has received it at time of this posting), and said his client is now upset with him.
    "[Joran] is very upset with me for returning the money, I did it [Monday]. Mary Hamer asked me to return it to her after listening to Joran admit to his crime," the lawyer told RadarOnline.com.
    "That upset him very much and he saw me as a traitor."
    He claims that it was Joran's decision to ask Mary for the money, and that he simply verified that it went into his account and never said that it would lead to "additional freedom."
    "Joran is very happy with the decision we made but very upset for returning the money without his authority," revealed Jimenez.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tadpole12 For This Useful Post:

OK... I'm really getting confused here.

So this latest letter from JVS to MH was AFTER he was sentenced and sent to the new prison? And he's asking for another $69,000 above the 75 grand she's already sent - plus $1,000 for a cellphone?

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

So this latest letter from JVS to MH was AFTER he was sentenced and sent to the new prison? And he's asking for another $69,000 above the 75 grand she's already sent - plus $1,000 for a cellphone?
    It looks to me like the 69K is what's left from the 75K, they showed some receipts on the last two pages. He wanted 1K for another phone out of that, and was asking her to hold off doing anything until he can talk to her. ( which of course he can't do until he gets that new $1000 phone.)

At the very end in his PS to MH, he accuses his first attorney, Altez, of stealing 80K of what he says was his and MH's money. Just how much money has she sent him? They went through 80K with Altez, then she kept sending more?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

I knew they'd scammed her out of that $75,000. But the fact that she refuses to blame JVDS for anything is frightening. Someone has to step in and get her some help before she's homeless or dead.

MOO

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Yep...and he probably is going to get a new phone. Hope Mr Flores is following this.

MOO

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    It looks to me like the 69K is what's left from the 75K, they showed some receipts on the last two pages. He wanted 1K for another phone out of that, and was asking her to hold off doing anything until he can talk to her. ( which of course he can't do until he gets that new $1000 phone.)

At the very end in his PS to MH, he accuses his first attorney, Altez, of stealing 80K of what he says was his and MH's money. Just how much money has she sent him? They went through 80K with Altez, then she kept sending more?
    So confusing. I wonder what those charges listed on the third page are for? The ones from 1/3/12 through 1/14/12.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    I knew they'd scammed her out of that $75,000. But the fact that she refuses to blame JVDS for anything is frightening. Someone has to step in and get her some help before she's homeless or dead.

MOO
    If ever there was a case for the Baker act, she's it!

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

So confusing. I wonder what those charges listed on the third page are for? The ones from 1/3/12 through 1/14/12.

The $1500 is for December lawyer fees, the "pedito Joran" is just money he asked for? Pedito means "order". The $40 is for phone cards and the first amount is for "casa" or house. Not sure what that's about. Rent on the non existant apt?

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Do these prisons in Peru have accounts for the prisoners? Like they do in the US where you have some funds in there to use? Because that last $500 withdrawal for Joran was for his new "casa" in Piedras Gordas.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

If ever there was a case for the Baker act, she's it!
    I love how she goes on and on about professional misconduct by Jiminez. If she were my radiologist I think I'd consider her actions in this professional misconduct.

50. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast