Motive

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliMama

Reaction score
I have read through the threads and have seen motives mentioned, but have lost track of which motive belongs to whom. I thought it would be helpful to discuss motive separately just to keep it organized in its own thread.

I have seen greed, jealously, vengeance, rape, thrill and maybe a couple of others that I am forgetting. What I am most curious about is which motive belongs to whom.

It seems obvious that someone like RC would have done it just for the thrill aspect since he is a serial killer, but what about the others?

Greed is taken out. The large amount of money (500-600 I believe) left in the purses proves that and most here agree.

Bartt Streeter - revenge and jealousy

Ricky Dykes, Francis Robb, Ricky Evans, et. al. - Sex, power, revenge

JK/MH crew - jealousy

Cox - sex, power

Carnahan - sex, power

Garrison - sex, power

Greed is taken out. The large amount of money (500-600 I believe) left in the purses proves that and most here agree.

Bartt Streeter - revenge and jealousy

Ricky Dykes, Francis Robb, Ricky Evans, et. al. - Sex, power, revenge

JK/MH crew - jealousy

Cox - sex, power

Carnahan - sex, power

Garrison - sex, power

Yes, greed is certainly taken out :) I was reading about the possible motorcycle gang connection. My thoughts are that even if someone like that wanted sex and power, weren't a lot of these guys criminals that would also included being thieves and burglars? Not RC or GC, but some of the other guys that you mentioned. I mean, wouldn't money/jewelry at least be an afterthought?

Yes, greed is certainly taken out :) I was reading about the possible motorcycle gang connection. My thoughts are that even if someone like that wanted sex and power, weren't a lot of these guys criminals that would also included being thieves and burglars? Not RC or GC, but some of the other guys that you mentioned. I mean, wouldn't money/jewelry at least be an afterthought?

Motorcycle gangs will generally have their prospects carry out the "dirty work". If prospects were told to go and get the girls, the prospects would leave the cash alone unless they were given permission to steal.

I agree that money does not appear to be a viable motive.

The fact that three women were abducted and murdered suggests that the motive was rape and murder.

The revenge angle doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since getting caught for triple murder would surely carry more penalty than grave-robbing at the level these guys were working. I also don't think any of them acted alone; they got caught for the grave-robbing, so if they were involved, I would think there was someone else who provided some experience and expertise/ (as I write this, I recall how botched up the crime scene was by all of the people at the house. Maybe they did leave evidence but LE never got to see it. And then the van was seen, so maybe I don't feel so positive about that assertion....).

I agree that money does not appear to be a viable motive.

The fact that three women were abducted and murdered suggests that the motive was rape and murder.

The revenge angle doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since getting caught for triple murder would surely carry more penalty than grave-robbing at the level these guys were working. I also don't think any of them acted alone; they got caught for the grave-robbing, so if they were involved, I would think there was someone else who provided some experience and expertise/ (as I write this, I recall how botched up the crime scene was by all of the people at the house. Maybe they did leave evidence but LE never got to see it. And then the van was seen, so maybe I don't feel so positive about that assertion....).

On most days, I really feel that the motive was rape and murder. However, recently, human trafficking has crossed my mind as a possible motive. I am sure this has been talked about here and I think I remember people saying this is what could have happened when I still lived in Springfield. Back then I thought the idea was absurd, but now (being a little wiser) I can see how this could be a possibility. Of course, to consider this as a motive and/or possible scenario, I move from keeping things simple to a more complex explanation which doesn't seem probable.

Also, regarding the crime scene being botched. I understand that people moved things and touched things, but that doesn't mean that those same people that had been in the house couldn't have submitted to DNA samples to rule their DNA out. This happened in the Caylee Anthony case when they figured out an unknown hair on an item actually belonged to someone in the FBI lab and another hair found didn't match anyone in LE or any of the family members of Caylee. I realize that 18 people had been in the house (lots of people had access to Caylee's remains), but all they had to do was take their DNA and compare it to the DNA found in the house. If there was an unknown, they could have saved that unknown DNA and today they might be able to find a match to that DNA. I hope that they did this, but something tells me that they didn't.

the grave robbers
looking at it from motive perspective 100% them.
looking at it from goulish creepy comfortabilitywith death 100% them.

was the trial not abandoned a week later without suzies testimony???
hmmmm
who benefited from that.

and I'm quite sure a person comfortable with delving around stealing body parts off corpes is quite cool under pressure and pass a lie detector exam.....

the moronic police department need to hand in their badges.

The problem is that so many people can actually fit the profile of the person/persons who could have done this. I think that it would take a very suave/charismatic/intimidating person to have been able to abduct 3 women. Even if there were more than one perp involved, it still seems to be a rather difficult thing to do. So many things could go wrong.

Perhaps a person was there when the two girls came in. They went ahead and got ready for bed before the unsub made his presence known by confronting them with Sherrill as a hostage and gun in hand. He didn't know they were coming home but he adapted and took control of all three. That nothing was taken except for the women, the house had not been tossed and even opportunistic sex offenders do not draw the line at stealing or robbery, implies that this was deeply personal to me. If you've ever had a gun pointed at you, and I have, you'd be surprised at how quickly your mind goes into "safe" mode i.e. I will do what is necessary NOT to get shot. That includes complying with any and every demand. A gun threatening a loved one would give the same response and make at least two of the women cooperate with the demands.

Perhaps a person was there when the two girls came in. They went ahead and got ready for bed before the unsub made his presence known by confronting them with Sherrill as a hostage and gun in hand. He didn't know they were coming home but he adapted and took control of all three. That nothing was taken except for the women, the house had not been tossed and even opportunistic sex offenders do not draw the line at stealing or robbery, implies that this was deeply personal to me. If you've ever had a gun pointed at you, and I have, you'd be surprised at how quickly your mind goes into "safe" mode i.e. I will do what is necessary NOT to get shot. That includes complying with any and every demand. A gun threatening a loved one would give the same response and make at least two of the women cooperate with the demands.

Wise words and reflections. However, and though I do not know about the veracity of these statements, there is different information in other forums stating that in fact the house was not neat at all, and many items appeared scattered on the floor, evidence that the police -whoever knows why- never wanted to release.
Besides, a shaken and disturbed dog, as was Suzie's and Sherril's yorki, only gets this way after witnessing an abnormal situation, for animals are incredibly stuck to routine and owners. Perhaps, this agitation in the dog could as well provide a hint as regards the approximate moment the kidnapping took place, since dogs' memory is said to be short-termed.

Catmammy,

I agree with some of what you said. Now, my own mother, would have fought tooth and nail to get in control, even if there was a gun pointed at me. She would have gathered what vile things would happen once the perp got us wherever he wanted to take us. I think it would be possible the perp was already there but that to me means that Sherrill was the target, and I am not so sure that she was. The girls plans changed so abruptly which means either Sherrill was the target, or some stalker followed them home. This case is so frustrating and mind boggling.

Two cases have stuck with me and left me incapable of shaking them, one is the Austin Yogurt Shop murders and the other is this one. In my heart, I just feel that in the end, there was a very simple, non-Hollywood way this went down. One absent of serial killers and random insanity. I know my theory is nothing new, but the motive that seems obvious to me is this one. The boys were looking at time and they were scared. I believe the boys had been involved in other criminal pursuits, ones that connected them to other people, more evil people. I believe those evil people felt that the boys might roll over on them to avoid prison, hence the order was given to get Stacy. I think the boys were most likely on meth or some courage inducing drug, followed Stacy that night and made their play. I believe that people connected to the boys went into that house the next day and cleaned areas up. I believe the phone calls were also made to draw attention away and possibly set up a sexual motive to lead the police away from the boys. So frustrating, sympathize with Stacy's mom so much.

Sherrill got acquainted with someone in power and someone with power and things went south from there.

This person took an interest in Suzie too.

That Maple Park Mausoleum has been broken into a number of times. Were all those teens also murdering psychopaths? Too much emphasis on the grave robbers. They have an alibi. They passed the lie detectors.

Sherrill got acquainted with someone in power and someone with power and things went south from there.

This person took an interest in Suzie too.

That Maple Park Mausoleum has been broken into a number of times. Were all those teens also murdering psychopaths? Too much emphasis on the grave robbers. They have an alibi. They passed the lie detectors.
Don't put stock in polygraphs. We can debate whether removing heads and teeth from corpses in a big deal if you would like, but one thing that was a big deal, was a felony charge! Those three boys were indicted for a felony and they actually fled. Felonies mean prison time, I am betting those teens were not too excited about entering the prison population of Missouri, which probably is pretty rough, especially for little white boys.

I think maybe you are hinting at Carnahan, yes?

Don't put stock in polygraphs.
I don't but I do when it's a part of many other things. It would be different if I looked at just that.

Dustin was a big softy. Mike was an edgy, angsty teen. Not expert criminals. Not murderers.

Did you know that most everyone at the Cyanide Rainbow show were polygraphed too? Including the ones that gave an alibi for the two in question. I believe the third grave robber wasn't even in Springfield that night.

I don't but I do when it's a part of many other things. It would be different if I looked at just that.

Dustin was a big softy. Mike was an edgy, angsty teen. Not expert criminals. Not murderers.

Did you know that most everyone at the Cyanide Rainbow show were polygraphed too? Including the ones that gave an alibi for the two in question. I believe the third grave robber wasn't even in Springfield that night.
And these are the boys that one of them’s Mom dated Carnahan, right? Maybe they didn’t need to be there on scene because it was taken care of by someone else, while they had an obvious alibi.

do you know dusty and mike hmmwhoknows?

one of them failed a poly would like to know who precisely.

Didn't one or two of them say "I hope all three of those *advertiser censored* are dead"? Sound like good guys.

Someone knew what someone ought not to have known? Something to do with silencing, something to do with drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member