1184 users online (222 members and 962 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

SD - Constance Beyer, 58, Hot Springs, 15 Jan 2012

Minnesota woman missing in Fall River

HOT SPRINGS - A Hancock, Minn., Constance Beyer, is missing after stopping at the Coffee Cup Fuel Stop at Maverick Junction.

Fall River County Sheriff Rich Mraz reported late Sunday afternoon that Beyer, 58, and her husband Lanny, 59, had stopped at the truck stop for fuel, at about 4 a.m. on Sunday. Mraz said that the couple drives truck together.

Constance Beyer is 5-feet, 3-inches tall, weighs 165 pounds and has dishwater blond hair.

"They got out at Coffee Cup and nobody has seen her since," Mraz said.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/hotsprin...#ixzz1jbbPnjDt

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...review-300.jpg
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 01-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I came across this case while looking for updates about Catherine Tornquist, who also went missing from Hot Springs, SD. That's a mighty small town to have so many women disappear, IMO. Constance is 58, and Catherine is 56. It could be just a coincidence.

Here's the link for Catherine's case:
    SD SD - Catherine Tornquist , 56, Hot Springs, 05 Oct 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 09:43 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Here's a little more info:

Constance and her husband stopped to take a rest break and Constance left their semi-truck to use the facilities.

At approximately 3:20 am, it was discovered that Constance had not returned to their truck.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/16525771/f...-missing-woman

Looks like she went by Connie Beyer - photo of Lanny & Connie Beyer on page 3 of this transportation newsletter:

http://www.midwest-coast.com/pdf/Spring06.pdf
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

So is there video of them arriving and her getting out of the truck?
    Is there video of her at all?
    Truck stops generally have cameras... what are we missing here...

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    So is there video of them arriving and her getting out of the truck?
    Is there video of her at all?
    Truck stops generally have cameras... what are we missing here...
    That's a question I have, too. Also, it's puzzling she left her purse behind. I take my purse into the restroom even if I don't need it with me. Do you guys find that odd? That she didn't take her purse to the restroom?

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Looks like she went by Connie Beyer - photo of Lanny & Connie Beyer on page 3 of this transportation newsletter:

http://www.midwest-coast.com/pdf/Spring06.pdf
    Great find, TB... Here's the blurb about them (and there is a pic as Tara mentioned):

Congratulations to Lanny and Connie Beyer they were selected as 5th place winners in the Independent Contractor of the Year Award from the TCA ( Truckload Carriers Assoc ) . Lanny and Connie have been owner operators at MCT since 1978 and both have over two million accident free miles. The award is a great accomplishment and we are proud to have them at MCT.

Yes, I agree - odd for certain.

Will watch for proof of her in that truckstop.

FWIW, looks like it's a 24 hour truck stop....

http://www.truckstopinfoplus.com/loc...e=South Dakota

Honestly, I think the cases are probably unrelated and both of these women unfortunately were harmed by someone close to them...

However, I'm still interested to know if Catherine may have stopped at the same truck stop (to gas up that morning) as Connie and her husband stopped at.

(ETA - I'm beginning to think that Constance is nowhere near Hot Springs and never was there)
    Last edited by belimom; 01-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.

http://www.ksfy.com/story/16525771/f...-missing-woman

Could just be worded poorly, but this says Constance was last seen @ 2:00 am when she got out of the truck to use the restroom. It goes on to say "At 3:20 am it was discovered Constance had not returned to their truck". It took 1 1/2 hours to realize she hadn't come back?
    I wonder if they were asleep in the truck and she woke her husband up to say she was going to the bathroom, and he went back to sleep until 3:20, when he awoke and realized she was missing? It doesn't even specify that he was the last to see her....

ETA other links make it sound as if they had JUST stopped there and she got out to use the restroom, which blows the sleeping scenario. They really need to clarify the timeline, imo.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/min...871e3ce6c.html

Geez, talk about all over the place......this link says they stopped for fuel at the truck stop at 4 am???

If you Google Map Maverick Junction, SD the Coffee Cup Truck Stop comes up with the attached photo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Missing Hancock woman found alive

http://www.morrissuntribune.com/event/article/id/26884/

Published January 16, 2012, 09:52 AM

Scary story with a happy ending.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast