GUILTY TX - Gelareh Bagherzadeh, 30, & Coty Beavers, 28, Murdered, Houston, Jan & Nov 2012

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/home/Woman-shot-to-death-crashes-into-garage-in-west-Houston-137409328.html

"HOUSTON—A woman who was shot while driving crashed into a townhome near the Galleria early Monday.

"We don’t know if she was followed. We don’t know if someone was waiting for her. We don’t have that information at this point," HPD Sgt. J.C. Padilla said."

The woman was on the phone with her ex-boyfriend at about 12am. She was supposedly trying to get to her parent's home. She crashed not far away from her destination, but police said she was headed in the opposite direction of their home.

The ex-boyfriend said that he heard background noises, then she was shot and the line went dead.

Sounds like an ambush to me! I wonder where the ex's phone was pinging?:twocents:

Poor woman. She was active in the Iranian Women's Rights Movement.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...rights-activist-slain-in-car-near-2563916.php

Well, well, well! An activist for the rights of Iranian women, and she was a student at Texas Medical Center. That certainly widens the suspect pool!

It can't be easy to shoot the driver of a moving vehicle in a residential neighborhood without being seen. It sounds as if this poor woman was killed with a single, well-placed shot. MOO

Hmmm. Shot through the passenger window of the vehicle. Ex BF hears a "thud" then hears a screech like someone driving off. Car ends up against a garage. I wonder if she was being followed and was stopped at a stop light? Or a car pulled into the right hand lane, even maybe a turning lane?

Something similar happened in our town not far from where we live yesterday. A man was driving his car down the street when someone pulled up beside him and shot him and took off. The man's car hit a pole and the man was found slumped over the steering wheel dead. This is Flint's 3rd murder already this year and we're still in January!

http://www.ksat.com/news/Iranian-gr...ouston/-/478452/8227052/-/6odbua/-/index.html

Bagherzadeh was part of Sabaz Houston, a local Iranian organization that supports the green movement against the current Iranian government. Her friends describe her as sweet and smart.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?id=8509474&section=news%2Flocal

Police say the M.D. Anderson medical student's tires kept spinning even as she was slumped over the wheel.

At the following link to a youtube tribute to Gelareh, there is a comment from someone alleging that this was an assassination by sleeper agents of the Islamic regime.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ETGi_1AMM4"]IN MEMORY OF GELAREH BAGHERZADEH ASSASSINATED BY IRI - YouTube[/ame]
http://youtu.be/1ETGi_1AMM4

Police are reporting that her ex-boyfriend is an ear-witness, has cooperated fully, and is not a suspect. I know that doesn't mean he can't possibly be involved, but this one is looking like it may have been an assassination due to her activism for Iranian women's rights. MOO

Well, well, well! An activist for the rights of Iranian women, and she was a student at Texas Medical Center. That certainly widens the suspect pool!

It can't be easy to shoot the driver of a moving vehicle in a residential neighborhood without being seen. It sounds as if this poor woman was killed with a single, well-placed shot. MOO
From the link I'm confused. How can they say she was not targeted but yet they have no motives? HUH?
"At this point, it does not appear that she was targeted," Senties said. Investigators do not know the motive for the shooting, he said.

Police had also interviewed her ex-boyfriend, who was on the phone with Bagherzadeh when she was shot, and a current boyfriend, but found them to be helpful and not suspicious.

Wonder why she was on the phone with an ex boyfriend?

From SuziQ's posted link:

"
As a family, we don't believe it's a political manner," he said. "She wasn't politically active. She wasn't even watching any political channels, she wasn't into it. I have no idea how those rumors got started.
"

In prior interviews with the Houston Chronicle about her protest activities against the Iranian government, Bagherzadeh requested that she not use her last name because she feared for her safety, the newspaper reports.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/18/iranian-student-activist-fatally-shot-in-houston/#ixzz1jryyzojX

I think that her family probably feels that their lives could be in danger, leading them to deny any knowledge of involvement in activities forbidden by the Iranian Regime. On the other hand, I suppose it is possible that some members of her family could be embarassed or disapproving of her political out-spokenness. Either way, it makes no sense for them to deny it. :waitasec: MOO

I don't think her politics or lack thereof had anything to do with her murder.

From SuziQ's posted link:

""

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/18/iranian-student-activist-fatally-shot-in-houston/#ixzz1jryyzojX

I think that her family probably feels that their lives could be in danger, leading them to deny any knowledge of involvement in activities forbidden by the Iranian Regime. On the other hand, I suppose it is possible that some members of her family could be embarassed or disapproving of her political out-spokenness. Either way, it makes no sense for them to deny it. :waitasec: MOO

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion it makes all the sense in the world. A family who has fled their politically troubled homeland and has now seen their daughter murdered in the country they fled to would no doubt be absolutely terrified about their safety and security. I can totally understand why they would publically deny their murdered daughter's involvement in any political activism. Maybe I am not understanding your comments. You seemed to acknowledge the possibility that fear could be motivating the family's denial in the first sentence but then disavow that idea in your final sentence. No disrepect intended, just trying to follow your premise.

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion it makes all the sense in the world. A family who has fled their politically troubled homeland and has now seen their daughter murdered in the country they fled to would no doubt be absolutely terrified about their safety and security. I can totally understand why they would publically deny their murdered daughter's involvement in any political activism. Maybe I am not understanding your comments. You seemed to acknowledge the possibility that fear could be motivating the family's denial in the first sentence but then disavow that idea in your final sentence. No disrepect intended, just trying to follow your premise.

Sorry to sound confusing! I was looking for reasons they would be denying the political stuff.

My first thought was the same as yours... that they are understandably afraid of retaliation by agents of the Iranian regime.

Trying to be open-minded, I also brought up the opposite possibility, that her family might not have approved of her activities and are denying it out of a need to avoid "disgracing their family". While I realize this is possible, I think that fear of more violence directed a family members is more likely the reason.

Hey guys, just wanted to give my two cents. I don't think her family is denying her political activity because they are scared at all. The thing is, it is very normal and ordinary for young iranians from iran to engage in political anti iranian government type activity. Literally almost all the kids that come to america from iran do these types of things but the way the media portrayed it was as if this was something unusual and she was some major figure activitist. And her family was just trying to clear that notion. I don't think the crime was politically motivated. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me. Who would kill her? Who would have a problem w her typical young iranian antiiranian gov activity, especially in america? Its not like she lives in iran.
Its just so weird. It wasn't a robbery either because nothing was taken from her car and if you think that it could be a botched robbery, why would the perpetrator go about it in this way? It seems like the perpetrator was just trying to kill her, esp with the shot to the head:(. I don't know..I hope we get answers. Another thing I read that struck me as odd is apparently her car was pointed in the direction away from her parents home, like she was going elsewhere...

And I also don't think at all that family members would be disapproving or embarrassed by the political activity. Its not part of the culture to be like that at all. The vast majority (like 99.9999%) are against the iranian government and nobody is embarrassed about anything. Its also not part of the culture to "retaliate" against family members. Just wanted to add that info:)

Motive unknown in Iranian student activist's death

Updated 05:00 a.m., Friday, January 20, 2012

HOUSTON (AP) — As a new American resident, Gelareh Bagherzadeh frequently embraced her freedom to speak critically about human rights policies in her native Iran, but friends and family members said they never knew her peaceful activism to attract any enemies.

That's why, like investigators, they've been at a loss for answers since Bagherzadeh was found shot to death last weekend in her car. The motor was still running and her wallet and cellphone were still by her side after the vehicle crashed into a garage door in the upscale Houston townhome complex where she and her parents lived.

more at link .............. http://www.chron.com/default/article/Motive-unknown-in-Iranian-student-activist-s-death-2643300.php

Bet 10 to 1 that our state department convinced the family to back off any talk of her murder could be a hit. It would create a headache for our state department and they won't want to deal with it. MOO and a strong MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back