1326 users online (264 members and 1062 guests)  

Websleuths News

VA - 5-year-old Stabbed 3 People Over a Juice Box

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...tml?hpt=ju_bn4

A 5-year-old is in police custody after allegedly stabbing three people with an "edged weapon" in Greene County

Sheriff Smith says the victims, two juveniles and one adult, were all taken to the University of Virginia Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Their names have not been released.

He better get help before he gets older.

He/she wanted that juice.

I agree. If they don't get the kid help now, there is no chance. And even with help I don't know how much of a chance this kid has.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Someone claiming to be "mom" posted in the comments:

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlin...ction=comments

If that is the mother she is certainly uhhh upfront. Still she is going through a lot and to have a bunch of strangers criticizing her 5 yo kid, her and her situation would be a lot to take. Someone there mentioned that her son's attorney probably wouldn't like her talking about it on the internet and they were right.

She says the kid has been getting help, so evidently it is a problem and not just a cranky kid. Good to know they are and have been working on the issues.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    If that is the mother she is certainly uhhh upfront. Still she is going through a lot and to have a bunch of strangers criticizing her 5 yo kid, her and her situation would be a lot to take. Someone there mentioned that her son's attorney probably wouldn't like her talking about it on the internet and they were right.

She says the kid has been getting help, so evidently it is a problem and not just a cranky kid. Good to know they are and have been working on the issues.
    She says he has been 'getting help' since he was three. Wow. Apparently it is not working so well if he gets stabby over a juice box. imo I think it is time to change treatment strategy.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post

If he stabbed three people over a juice box it is evident the help is not working.

IMO
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 01-17-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    She says he has been 'getting help' since he was three. Wow. Apparently it is not working so well if he gets stabby over a juice box. imo I think it is time to change treatment strategy.
    It reminds me of those out of control children they show on tv shows. They are so young but they are so full of rage that it is scary. All I can think about is what if they had an adult body to go with all that rage.

And these parents even seem fearful of their own children and are afraid to push their buttons by trying to discipline them. These children are 3-4 years old or maybe younger.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    How scary to be that violent at such a young age. I think Mom will have her hands full for quite some time.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Whether it's right or wrong (I don't know), the first thought that pops into my head is, "what is this child's home life like?" I'm not talking about single parents vs. mom and dad at home. I mean, what is this child exposed to at home?

Last week, my son's gf was showing me on youtube this little 3 year old boy, singing the lyrics to rap songs. Rap songs with lyrics that no 3 year old should know the words to (not that he knows what they mean), but still, somewhere, there are parents who think this is uproariously funny. Myself, I would die of mortification.

I won't let my kids watch iCarly, or Victorious, or any of those other tweener shows, no matter how much they beg and tell me that the next door neighbor (who is two years older than them) is allowed to watch it, or how Barack Obama's wife is going to be on it, and watches it with her girls. I turned it on once, heard the way they talked to each other, and the things they said (not to mention boy/girl stuff going on that my kids don't even need to be thinking about), and that was the end of that. But I think I"m in the minority. I mean, hey, if even the President's wife is a fan....

I'm not even sure I do enough to limit what my kids are exposed to on TV, in print ads, or just in day to day life (graphic images, violence, questionable behavior, etc.)

All of this is to say that I can easily see how the situation with this young person could have evolved as it did. Parents aren't aware of what they're surrounding their kids with, and it's sinking in to their little brains.

I probably could have said that in a lot fewer words, but it felt good to get it off my chest!

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    It reminds me of those out of control children they show on tv shows. They are so young but they are so full of rage that it is scary. All I can think about is what if they had an adult body to go with all that rage.

IMO
    They grow up to be Joran van Der Sloot!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefriahaia View Post
    They grow up to be Joran van Der Sloot!
    You know, I'm not so sure about that. The Jorans of the world all seem to be described as "perfect" kids without problems. They become adults and suddenly they are evil.

I think Joran types are sociopaths who know how to hide their true natures. These other types? Just homicidal maniacs.

This kid should probably be in a serious mental hospital with state of the art care until he is at least 18. But, it will never happen. We don't want to pay for it. Then we'll end up with another Jared Loughner.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."