798 users online (138 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Australia - Sydney, Female body in tree, Jan'12 - Melissa Dietzel

The discovery of a woman's decomposing body 30ft up a tree in suburban Sydney, Australia, has both police and local residents baffled.
    The woman, whose body was discovered last week, may have died on or around New Year's Day.
    Police are convinced there was no way she could have fallen into the tree from any nearby building, and that it would have been extremely difficult for anyone to place her dead body that high up.

More at Daily Mail link
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-18-2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: prefix, title
    England's dancing days are done...

It is more likely that she climbed up the tree - in Prince Lane, Randwick - and died in its branches. - Daily Mail
    Well, more likely than that she was beamed there by forces external to those in our known universe, anyway.

reminds me of the CSI episode with the guy in a scuba suit up a tree.

I didn't see that one

Fwiw...

I thought of CSI episode also...minus scuba gear and fire

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (TV series 2000 )

Episode: Scuba Doobie-Doo

A scuba diver (at least a man who dresses like one) is found dead, fully equipped with an oxygen tank, on a tree in a burned forest.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534734/
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mystery-of...117-1q3sl.html

Female, about 175cm tall, solid build, long brown hair held back by a black hair clip with a plastic flower on it, no visible tattoos.

Green hooded jumper (in australia jumper means the same as sweater does in america), Outlaw brand. There is a partial photo of this in the story. The lining of the hood appears to have a camoflage pattern made up of light grean and dark green hearts on a grey-marle background.

Green singlet (in australia, singlet means similar to what vest, undershirt or camisole does in america) top, No Boundaries brand. No photo.

Three quarter length black leggings with black lace trim, Jasmine USA brand. No photo.

Pushed out of a plane?

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

That couldn't happen could it? I wonder if she was high on something, climbed and the drugs took their toll when she was up there

I heard once about a man who died in a tree after being chased up the tree by an angry mamma bear. He was wounded by the bear and then bled to death. Any dangerous animals around where this woman was found? Or any marks on her body?

Interesting case and interesting theory of how she got up in the tree. My first thought was pushed from a plane too.

Wouldn't tox reports indicate if she were high and possibly climbed into the tree? And if it were an animal attack, wouldn't there be some kind of marks on her?

ETA: After looking at the article, (should have done that first ) with the fencing and lower limbs on the tree it looks as if it was easily possible to climb into the tree. My best guess is she climbed up and perhaps got caught in a way which compressed her chest causing her to suffocate. I agree with the speculation in the article she was possibly a homeless person. Maybe someone with untreated mental health issues.

Whoever she is, I hope she is id'd soon.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn H. View Post
    I heard once about a man who died in a tree after being chased up the tree by an angry mamma bear. He was wounded by the bear and then bled to death. Any dangerous animals around where this woman was found? Or any marks on her body?
    This is in a suburban Sydney suburb - maybe 10-15 minutes from the city centre. There are spiders and snakes here, but you would rarely see them in such a developed area. Definitely nothing she would need to climb a tree to escape from.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghLass View Post
    This is in a suburban Sydney suburb - maybe 10-15 minutes from the city centre. There are spiders and snakes here, but you would rarely see them in such a developed area. Definitely nothing she would need to climb a tree to escape from.
    The only thing I could imagine her climbing to escape from is people or possibly someone's dog.

I wonder what backyards and windows were visible from the tree? If they don't find her via checking against lists of known missing people, maybe they should look at who in the area has taken out a restraining order on a woman or won a child custody dispute recently.

EDITED TO ADD: Maybe the tree gave a good view of New Year fireworks?
    Last edited by reasypeasy; 01-20-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: add more

No updates on this? I've been thinking about this story still.

woman found in a Randwick tree last month has been identified as missing US tourist Melissa Joy Dietzel.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226269969061

They said they thought she was homeless and living in the tree.

Melissa Joy Dietzel, 22, was living in Sydney on a work visa and had been employed as a nanny.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/body-in-sy...#ixzz1mErwbMVf

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast