Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_19779017

Person of interest detained, questioned in case of human remains found near Hollywood sign

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wanting2Help For This Useful Post:

Hollywood body parts identified; name withheld
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...75f289c73f61f0
    By JOHN ROGERS, Associated Press – 1 minute ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The man whose dismembered head, hands and feet were found in a Hollywood park has been identified, Los Angeles officials said Friday, but they're not releasing his name.

Los Angeles County coroner's spokesman Ed Winter said police investigators have asked officials to withhold any information about the man, including his age or hometown, as they continue to hunt for his killer.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/c...park-1.3466822
    "LOS ANGELES - (AP) -- Coroner's officials say the man whose dismembered head, hand and feet were found in a Hollywood park is a 66-year-old man from Los Angeles.

Coroner's Lt. David Smith said Friday night that the victim's name is Hervey Medellin.

A dog walker found Medellin's head Tuesday at Bronson Canyon Park, a brushy, wooded expanse of rolling hills just below the Hollywood sign. Police searchers discovered his hands and feet during a two-day search that ended Thursday.

Police have announced no arrests and named no suspects".

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,5488244.story

According to the unidentified source, the victim is 66-year old Hervey Medellin.

Medellin, a former Mexicana Airlines employee, retired some time ago.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Hervey Medellin: Hollywood Body Parts Victim ID'd

Updated at the bottom: The Times ID's the victim. Our headline has changed and this piece was wholly rewritten after we picked up a false report of an arrest in the case. First posted at 6:54 p.m. Thursday.

more at link ............. http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2..._arrest_la.php

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Hervey Medellin: Hollywood Body Parts Victim ID'd

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2..._arrest_la.php
    From the link:

His roommate reportedly said he went missing right before the New Year, when he took off for a trip to Tijuana, according to NBC's report. The roommate had been questioned by police, Healy said.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/GigiGraciette
    Reporters Twitter that states roommate is live in boyfriend and he reported HM missing.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

Indiana Bones pieces together Hollywood severed limbs case
    January 20, 2012

snipped...

About 6 on a cold clear morning one bright-eyed German shepherd and about a dozen other members of the Los Angeles County coroner's skeletal recovery team gather for a Wednesday briefing.

The previous afternoon, a dog walker had discovered two of her charges playing with a human head in a plastic bag near a trail below the Hollywood sign in Bronson Canyon Park.

Police had performed a preliminary search of the rugged Hollywood Hills terrain, but they weren't sure whether more body parts might be found; coyotes could have scattered the remains over miles of parkland.

Indiana Bones to the rescue.

Read more: http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/01/20/...mbs-hollywood/
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

http://www.ksnt.com/news/national/st...8Xz0nsmjw.cspx
    "A neighbor who lives on the second floor of the apartment building tells the Times he heard screaming and yelling on the floor above him about three weeks ago. The neighbor says detectives asked him when the building's garbage was taken out.

Police have announced no arrests and named no suspects".

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Indiana Bones pieces together Hollywood severed limbs case
    January 20, 2012

snipped...

About 6 on a cold clear morning one bright-eyed German shepherd and about a dozen other members of the Los Angeles County coroner's skeletal recovery team gather for a Wednesday briefing.

The previous afternoon, a dog walker had discovered two of her charges playing with a human head in a plastic bag near a trail below the Hollywood sign in Bronson Canyon Park.

Police had performed a preliminary search of the rugged Hollywood Hills terrain, but they weren't sure whether more body parts might be found; coyotes could have scattered the remains over miles of parkland.

Indiana Bones to the rescue.

Read more: http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/01/20/...mbs-hollywood/
    I love service dogs! Beautiful dog.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLoQeVjeObw"]Indy the Cadaver Dog - YouTube[/ame]

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

I went to Hollywood for a friends birthday dinner last night. People were talking about this case of course. The local gossip is that the room mate is the victims boyfriend. They might have argued and after fight, the bf tried to make it look like the victim was attacked on a hike in the area that he often walks.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I went to Hollywood for a friends birthday dinner last night. People were talking about this case of course. The local gossip is that the room mate is the victims boyfriend. They might have argued and after fight, the bf tried to make it look like the victim was attacked on a hike in the area that he often walks.
    By dismembering him?
    For real?

That is so ridiculous it might be funny if this wasn't such a horrific case.
    When someone gets attacked while hiking or walking they are generally not dismembered.
    And coyotes don't generally bag body parts for people's convenience...

I wonder if there was prints on the bag that the head was in?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    By dismembering him?
    For real?

That is so ridiculous it might be funny if this wasn't such a horrific case.
    When someone gets attacked while hiking or walking they are generally not dismembered.
    And coyotes don't generally bag body parts for people's convenience...

I wonder if there was prints on the bag that the head was in?
    Apparently, the dismembering was done because he didn't drive. So he needed a way to transport the body out of the apt. without being noticed. So this way he was able to put him in plastic RALPH"s Bags and dispose of him that way.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Apparently, the dismembering was done because he didn't drive. So he needed a way to transport the body out of the apt. without being noticed. So this way he was able to put him in plastic RALPH"s Bags and dispose of him that way.
    Then he definitely wasn't going to make it look like he was attacked while he was hiking.
    Hopefully his plan was different than that... I'd like to think people are a bit smarter than that...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Then he definitely wasn't going to make it look like he was attacked while he was hiking.
    Hopefully his plan was different than that... I'd like to think people are a bit smarter than that...
    I should have said 'abducted' while hiking. Apparently the victim went hiking alone in that park area nearly every day. So I guess the idea was to make it look like someone kidnapped him there.

I just saw on the news that the boyfriend/room mate has been interviewd at the station for the past 2 days, but he has not been called a POI.

ETA: Also,the victim had recently retired after working for Mexican Airlines for decades. There has always been rumors that the cartel have a lot of their people working for the airlines to help them smuggle etc. So some are saying the boyfriend did the head in the bag thing to try and mimic the cartel.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast