John Ramsey's New Book

It will be interesting to see how much of that book is about JBR, that night and how much is about patsy and beth.

Moreover how much of his story will have changed?

I may purchase it if the library don't have it.

I would never, ever contribute one cent to JR and his self serving carp. I'll either get it at the library, or a garage sale. However, if he ever writes a book about what REALLY happened that night, I would probably buy it.

The Other Side of Suffering
25 Dec 2011 by Hubert O'Hearn

http://bythebookreviews.blogspot.co.../other-side-of-suffering-jonbenet-ramsey.html

When The Other Side of Suffering is released in March, its co-author John Ramsey (father of JonBénet, widower of Patsy) will, I’m sure, put himself through round after round of press interviews at which he’ll be asked round after round of the same questions. Who do you think...? How did it feel when...? What was she...?

I couldn’t put myself through that and I doubt if you could either. Yet, John Ramsey is going to do just that in support of this book because he thinks it can help. Not him - although I hope he turns a good dollar out of all this - he wants to help you and me.

I think it's of value to document these book reviews, and any other press associated with the book.

It will be interesting to see how much of that book is about JBR, that night and how much is about patsy and beth.

Moreover how much of his story will have changed?

I may purchase it if the library don't have it.

smurf86,
He will not have written it. He has poor eyesight, so it will have been a dictation job, and some ghostwriter finishing it off.

We all know most of the truth, yet it will never appear in this book. He must be attempting to rehabilitate himself in his new wifes eyes.

If you wait a few months the book is guaranteed to be remaindered. I'll bet he is underwriting some of the print run costs.

25 Dec 2011 by Hubert O'Hearn

http://bythebookreviews.blogspot.co.../other-side-of-suffering-jonbenet-ramsey.html

When The Other Side of Suffering is released in March, its co-author John Ramsey (father of JonBénet, widower of Patsy) will, I’m sure, put himself through round after round of press interviews at which he’ll be asked round after round of the same questions. Who do you think...? How did it feel when...? What was she...?

I couldn’t put myself through that and I doubt if you could either. Yet, John Ramsey is going to do just that in support of this book because he thinks it can help. Not him - although I hope he turns a good dollar out of all this - he wants to help you and me.

Tadpole12,
What an ambiguous title. Is the other side painless and pleasurable, in contrast to JonBenet's pain?

Its the kind of title you might expect from Mother Theresa. I think Christopher Hitchens authored a book on her, allegedly exposing her to be not as advertised.

I wonder if it will have a plot, some kind of greek tragedy, where rich man never attains happiness, because his children and wife are inconveniently dying?

Yeah, Christopher Hitchens showed Mother Theresa as the nasty piece of work that she really was. RIP Hitch.

I hope there's a section in this book where John details the efforts undertaken by his family to find the killer of his daughter.

I also hope there's a section where he clearly spells out how the whole family were cleared thanks to the DNA evidence.

However, I suspect this will be a self-indulgent load of garbage whereby he largely glosses over the actual death of his daughter and preaches to us how the power of God and faith got he and Patsy through the tough times and how God had a plan for Patsy which is why she was taken from him too soon. Yadda yadda blah blah....

I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone with that last paragraph, but like everything else in this place, it's just my opinion.

I'd buy it out of curiosity but I doubt there's something new in it,the title suggests it's written from a religious point of view and ya all know what I think about the Ramsey's doing that,but for now all our money is being spent on diapers so JR has to wait....:rocker:

Just my two cents: JR is innocent until proven guilty, and the strongest evidence of any family member points to PR. So I don't think buying JR's book would have the same moral dilemma caused by buying a book by O.J. or Casey Anthony both of whom, although officially "cleared" of murder, were quite obviously (to most observers at least) guilty of the crimes they committed.

On the other hand, I will, without reservation and without knowing him personally, declare JR to be a pompous jerk not worthy of one penny from my wallet. The way he behaved towards friends during the JonBenet investigation was just terrible.

That being said, I think this book is worth reading. Not because I care one hoot about what John Ramsey thinks about spirituality, but because there might be tidbits there that amount to some kind of very hidden, coded confession. And sadly, only people on this forum are likely to find them and discuss them. For the average reader, believing the Ramseys are cleared, any such revelations are likely to pass by unnoticed.

The book reviews sound like someone just reviewed the concept of the book, not the actual writing. I don't think the publisher would send the book out to some obscure blog six weeks earlier for them to review it. I'm interested in seeing what press John does to promote his book. After all, if people don't know about the book, they can't buy it, so I'm guessing we'll see John...somewhere. Maybe Nancy Grace? :D JK. We probably won't see real press/reviews for this book until March.

The book reviews sound like someone just reviewed the concept of the book, not the actual writing. I don't think the publisher would send the book out to some obscure blog six weeks earlier for them to review it. I'm interested in seeing what press John does to promote his book. After all, if people don't know about the book, they can't buy it, so I'm guessing we'll see John...somewhere. Maybe Nancy Grace? :D JK. We probably won't see real press/reviews for this book until March.

I don't think JR would ever do NG, she'd rip him to shreds.

I don't think JR would ever do NG, she'd rip him to shreds.

There's a part of me that thinks Nancy would actually be respectful to John, and treat him like the innocent father of a murdered child. Wasn't she nice to Ron Cummings? But I remember that she horrible to Zahra's mother.

I definitely won't be buying the "book". I haven't decided if I will check it out of my local library. I already have a lot of reading material more value of my time.

I won't be buying it. It'll be full of lies and make me sick.

I've been thinking and I think we all owe it to each other to go to the various books shops and read a different chapter EACH.

Then report back and summarize ;)

I've been thinking and I think we all owe it to each other to go to the various books shops and read a different chapter EACH.

Then report back and summarize ;)

Well, at east we wouldn't have to stomach the entire book. I hope there are no photos. I couldn't bear those reptilian lips and lizard's tongue.

Well, at east we wouldn't have to stomach the entire book. I hope there are no photos. I couldn't bear those reptilian lips and lizard's tongue.
Sorry DeeDee
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1sAG66-j4&list=UUD7jOoTNbgqYQxjVcs62ypQ&index=24&feature=plpp_video"]John Ramsey - 49 Tongues in 36 Seconds - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back