Identified! MO - St Louis Co., WhtMale, 45-65, along river, Dec'11 - Eric Swanson

CherBearSTL

Reaction score
I found this case in our local paper.

From NamUS: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9722

Estimated age Adult - Pre 60
Minimum age 45 years
Maximum age 65 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 73, Estimated

Ruleouts:
David Cook
Robert Cox
Norman Held
Daniel Wolf

Extremities: Arms/hands are missing -- only proximal humeri present. Left femur is complete. Right femur is fractured near midshaft - lower legs and feet missing postmortem.

Evidence of arthritic changes in the cervical spine (neck). Evidence of remote antemortem right shoulder surgery for possible reattachment of muscle or ligament.

Dentals:
#4 - Dental Implant (post only)
#30 -Antemortem extraction with open socket

GPS coordinates
Address 1 #1 River Road
Address 2 Banks of the Mississippi River
City St. Louis
State Missouri
Zip code 63125
County St. Louis

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/investigators-trying-to-identify-skeleton-found-near-lemay/article_58e77664-41f7-11e1-8652-0019bb30f31a.html#ixzz1jpssz2Bp

ST. LOUIS COUNTY • Investigators are looking for help identifying human skeletal remains found more than a month ago along the Mississippi River near Lemay.

The partial skeleton of a man was found by two people walking along the river Dec. 11 among trash and debris about 25 feet from shore near the J.D. Streett & Co. property in the first block of River Road.

Gwen Haugen, a forensic investigator with the St. Louis County Medical Examiner's Office, says the man appears to have been caucasian ranging in age from 45 to 65 years and about 5'10" to 6'5" tall.

Although the skeleton is missing its hands, parts of its arms and lower legs, the most promising identifying characteristic is evidence of a surgery on the right shoulder bones. Also, Haugen said the man's teeth show he had extensive dental work including fillings, an implant and a crown.

The skeletal remains had no accompanying clothing when they were found, Haugen said. Haugen believes the man died anywhere from four months to one year before being discovered.

A full report on the remains including photos of the man's jaw, teeth and shoulder bones can be accessed by searching the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System database.

Anyone with information about the unidentified man is asked to call St. Louis County police at 314-889-2341.

he's in Namus with much better descriptions. now estimated at 6'1".

there are 29 official rule outs, most of which were from MO. scary that there are that many missing men from the heartland:

Steven Alyea 1961 Missouri
Richard Bowles 1960 Missouri
Robert Braun 1957 Missouri
Douglas Brucks 1953 Missouri
Paul Cappo 1950 Missouri
Robert Clifft 1944 Arkansas
Jeffery Cockrum 1961 Missouri
David Cook 1952 Missouri
Robert Cox 1953 Arkansas
Jim Culbertson 1953 Missouri
James Denney 1952 Missouri
Phillip Erwin 1952 Missouri
Clay Foreman 1960 Missouri
Robert Garman 1962 Missouri
Vernold Gerler 1946 Missouri
Daniel Giammanco 1963 Missouri
Charles Heese 1955 Missouri
Norman Held 1946 Mississippi
Salvatore Manzo 1927 Missouri
Mark Maty 1951 Missouri
Michael McAvoy 1957 Missouri
Larry Plummer 1949 Missouri
Mark Pratt 1967 Missouri
Robert Schmidt 1929 Missouri
Donald Shaw 1934 Missouri
Paul Stubblefield 1939 Missouri
Rodney Wagner 1957 Missouri
Danny Wilson 1963 Missouri
Daniel Wolf 1964 Missouri

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9722

Identified as Eric G Swanson.

PS. Can we keep our little glitch as quiet as possible? I've been using it for ages and I'd hate to lose it because someone has been reading this forum.

Identified as Eric G Swanson.

PS. Can we keep our little glitch as quiet as possible? I've been using it for ages and I'd hate to lose it because someone has been reading this forum.

I'll go back and edit out anything I may have put in that calls attention to this!

It's a wonderful glitch! I hate thinking our members are spending precious time on cases that are solved!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back