Thread: Mark Wahlberg claims he could have changed outcome of 9/11

Mark Wahlberg claims he could have changed outcome of 9/11

In what we're hoping was a joking comment taken horribly out of context, Wahlberg says in an interview in the newest issue of Men's Journal, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

http://www.fox26medford.com/entertai...0,411031.story

Probably also believes his name is really Dirk Diggler and his male member is as long as that portrayed in "Boogie Nights."

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

What an insensitive thing to say!! The people onboard saved lives. When has Marky Mark ever saved anyone? Never. No one knows what they would do in a situation like that until they are faced with it. Shut up,Wahlberg!

jmo

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jjw For This Useful Post:

how is it possible that a person with so little brain cells can still draw breath?

sad...

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/18/mark-w.../#.TxdpsW8S1WM
    MARK WAHLBERG
    Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

Mark Wahlberg is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by essies View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/18/mark-w.../#.TxdpsW8S1WM
    MARK WAHLBERG
    Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

Mark Wahlberg is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."
    Too little, too late.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

from the OP link:

He tells TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible. To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

Exactly WHAT was his intention then? (go figure...he got it)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

Back then nobody thought the passengers should resist because nobody though the goal of the terrorist would be to fly the plane into a building.
    Just my opinion

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Yeah, jjenny. I like Marky Mark. It was probably a dumb thing to say in an interview. I think the same thing...like I would be waaayyy braver and kick ass than I probably really ever would be. Hindsight you know? Until the passengers found out they were flying planes into buildings they complied thinking that was the best way to save your life. Truth be told Mark would probably have complied too without that knowledge.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Needing media visibility much there Mark?

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

WHAT???

Of all the nerve, what a pinhead..

Peddles back now.

Goz

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gozgals For This Useful Post:

i guess he really believes that he some kind of super hero... just more evidence that most of hollywood is warped. tho i guess what i find offensive about his statement is that he thinks he loves his kids and family more than anyone on the hijacked planes did. and then the "ooops, i didnt mean that" statement was most likely composed by his pr person that obviously has a brain and not by marky mark.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

He apologized and was sincere. We all in our life have said something that came out not like we intended to mean. I cut him a lot of slack.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

He was suppose to have been on one of the planes his luck he wasn't at the last minute soooooooooo...if that were me I would have often wondered what if, what would I have done if I were there? That would have played over in my head a lot. I bet it did him too, and of course he would have thought he would have done something. This would be natural thing to think. I believe the question caught him off guard, he responded by his past thoughts about it. He didn't realize what he had said until after. He was truly sorry for how it came out.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Mark Wahlberg blames media for 9/11 comments

"His perfect storm of idiocy just got worse."

"Delusional Hollywood tough guy Mark Wahlberg committed another act of phony “heroism” yesterday — by bravely going on radio and blaming the media for his insulting magazine-interview quotes about 9/11."

"The “Contraband” star told various interviewers it was unfair that he was asked about the terror attack and claimed he was “misinterpreted” when he said 9/11 “wouldn’t have went down like it did” if he had been on a hijacked plane."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz1k6HXwQ5G

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    He apologized and was sincere. We all in our life have said something that came out not like we intended to mean. I cut him a lot of slack.
    I have thought a lot about this and I tend to agree with you. At first I was a little outraged that he would say such a thing but I agree that we have all said something that came out the wrong way. I think he's getting so much flack for it because it's about 9/11 which is a very tough subject and probably always will be. Celebs are people like we are, they let their mouth overload their assss (to use one of my grandma's favorite sayings). Hopefully he will learn to watch what he says a little closer from now on.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

I'm willing to cut him some slack.

The highjackers took control of all four planes. There are some people in the world who would have confronted the highjackers before things got out of hand. Maybe Marky Mark is one of them or maybe he isn't. We'll never know. But I think we all know someone who we imagine wouldn't have allowed those highjackers to tell them how it was going to be and would've demolished those guys, and rallied other passengers before the plane was fully highjacked. But unfortunately, it seems like most if not all of the toughguys I know grew up poor and are still poor, and will likely never be on an airplane.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MLE For This Useful Post: