Mark Wahlberg claims he could have changed outcome of 9/11

davehead21

Reaction score
In what we're hoping was a joking comment taken horribly out of context, Wahlberg says in an interview in the newest issue of Men's Journal, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

http://www.fox26medford.com/enterta...ldve-stopped-911----o-20120118,0,411031.story

Probably also believes his name is really Dirk Diggler and his male member is as long as that portrayed in "Boogie Nights."

What an insensitive thing to say!! The people onboard saved lives. When has Marky Mark ever saved anyone? Never. No one knows what they would do in a situation like that until they are faced with it. Shut up,Wahlberg!:twocents:

jmo

how is it possible that a person with so little brain cells can still draw breath?

sad...

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/18/mark-wahlberg-apology-911/#.TxdpsW8S1WM
MARK WAHLBERG
Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

Mark Wahlberg is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

from the OP link:

He tells TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible. To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with. I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

Exactly WHAT was his intention then? (go figure...he got it)

Back then nobody thought the passengers should resist because nobody though the goal of the terrorist would be to fly the plane into a building.

Yeah, jjenny. I like Marky Mark. It was probably a dumb thing to say in an interview. I think the same thing...like I would be waaayyy braver and kick *advertiser censored* than I probably really ever would be. Hindsight you know? Until the passengers found out they were flying planes into buildings they complied thinking that was the best way to save your life. Truth be told Mark would probably have complied too without that knowledge.

Needing media visibility much there Mark?

WHAT???

Of all the nerve, what a pinhead..

Peddles back now.

Goz

i guess he really believes that he some kind of super hero... just more evidence that most of hollywood is warped. tho i guess what i find offensive about his statement is that he thinks he loves his kids and family more than anyone on the hijacked planes did. and then the "ooops, i didnt mean that" statement was most likely composed by his pr person that obviously has a brain and not by marky mark.

He apologized and was sincere. We all in our life have said something that came out not like we intended to mean. I cut him a lot of slack.

He was suppose to have been on one of the planes his luck he wasn't at the last minute soooooooooo...if that were me I would have often wondered what if, what would I have done if I were there? That would have played over in my head a lot. I bet it did him too, and of course he would have thought he would have done something. This would be natural thing to think. I believe the question caught him off guard, he responded by his past thoughts about it. He didn't realize what he had said until after. He was truly sorry for how it came out.

Mark Wahlberg blames media for 9/11 comments

"His perfect storm of idiocy just got worse."

"Delusional Hollywood tough guy Mark Wahlberg committed another act of phony “heroism” yesterday — by bravely going on radio and blaming the media for his insulting magazine-interview quotes about 9/11."

"The “Contraband” star told various interviewers it was unfair that he was asked about the terror attack and claimed he was “misinterpreted” when he said 9/11 “wouldn’t have went down like it did” if he had been on a hijacked plane."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/mark_no_fair_KtzUlDGejZvIwFX4trEUMP#ixzz1k6HXwQ5G

He apologized and was sincere. We all in our life have said something that came out not like we intended to mean. I cut him a lot of slack.

I have thought a lot about this and I tend to agree with you. At first I was a little outraged that he would say such a thing but I agree that we have all said something that came out the wrong way. I think he's getting so much flack for it because it's about 9/11 which is a very tough subject and probably always will be. Celebs are people like we are, they let their mouth overload their assss (to use one of my grandma's favorite sayings). Hopefully he will learn to watch what he says a little closer from now on.

I'm willing to cut him some slack.

The highjackers took control of all four planes. There are some people in the world who would have confronted the highjackers before things got out of hand. Maybe Marky Mark is one of them or maybe he isn't. We'll never know. But I think we all know someone who we imagine wouldn't have allowed those highjackers to tell them how it was going to be and would've demolished those guys, and rallied other passengers before the plane was fully highjacked. But unfortunately, it seems like most if not all of the toughguys I know grew up poor and are still poor, and will likely never be on an airplane.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back