663 users online (65 members and 598 guests)  

Websleuths News

VA - man beats dog so badly, must be put to sleep

Matthew Mansfield punched the one-year-old lab, hit it with a flashlight and kicked the dog numerous times.

Mansfield charged with felony cruelty to an animal

Anne Marie Russell was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty for failing to protect or seek treatment for the animal.

That poor animal...and labs are nice, easy pets from what I've been told by friends that have them...hope being charged with a felony will get this 'man' some jail time...and shame on the one who didn't protect or help.

If it were my dog, they would be seeking help (or funeral services) for the abuser.

There are no words...

KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
    Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

southwest Indiana
    Peepls, I read the subject line but didn't read all of your post nor the newslink b/c if I had I would be too wound up to sleep tonight. I better put myself in a TO before I give admin a reason to do it!
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Southern Ohio
    I agree 100% with CaramelEyes, if this were my dog, after the first kick/hit that the creep did, he would need surgery to remove my foot from his rear end. I don't see how people can stand and watch someone hurt their animals or children and not do anything.

When I was in middle school I was in 4H with my dog Samantha, one of the instructors made the mistake of jerking Sammie's leash roughly after she jumped on her, this was not a small correction, it was a cruel yank that made my baby yelp. I got right in her face and told her if I ever saw her doing that to another animal she would regret it. That was just a yank, I can't imagine if she had hit my dog, I honestly don't think I would have been able to stop myself from hitting her.

Sorry from the rambling, but this subject sets me off.

I think animal abuse is horrible.....I hope these people get sentenced to the full extent possible, and not just a slap on the wrist.
    Debora Sue Lowe - Age 13, missing from Pompano, FL since February 29, 1972 (Leap Year)
    Missing Child Haunts Family Nearly 40 Years Later - 9/19/2011
    White Female
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 56″
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Debbie is believed to have been a victim of the serial killer Gerard John Schaefer Jr. He was convicted of only two murders in the 1970s but is believed to be responsible for the murders and disappearances of many other girls and young women in the 60s and 70s, including Wendy Stevenson, Peggy Rahn ,Carmen Hallock, Pamela Nater and Nancy Leichner in 1966.

• Everything I write is JMHO and NO OFFENSE is INTENDED