UK - Children find cell w/pic of laughing mortuary embalmer gripping severed head

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Police probe after children find mobile phone with picture of laughing mortuary embalmer holding up a severed head
A gruesome image found on a mobile phone showing an embalmer laughing as he holds aloft a severed head was today at the centre of a police investigation.

The sickening picture, which features a man named as David Amor smirking at the camera, was on a phone found in a ditch in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, by two young children over the weekend.

It is one of three images on the phone that show the decapitated body, believed to have been hit by a train.

The disturbing shot is understood to have been taken as 26-year-old Mr Amor worked in a mortuary to preserve the body of the dead man until his funeral could take place.
---
more, with picture of ghoulish mortuary dude & severed head (blocked out in photo though) at Daily Mail link above

thanks to badhorsie for the "head's up" (no pun) on this one

I have to wonder why this man's first action was to put the photo sim card in his computer in front of his kids :eek:
Why did he not scroll throught the phonebook or do a last number redial to try to find the owner?

You know...at first, I thought, "thats terrible". Then I looked at the photo. As a former police officer, having encountered many horrible/sad/gruesome things, it is not uncommon for officers to make light of things as a coping mechanism. It is VERY common and doesnt mean that officer is cruel, or mean, or a monster...its just how some of them deal. Maybe, this being the guy's job, is how he copes too....just playing devil's advocate here.

Wow. Disturbing. I can agree with the seeker in a sense, and I can totally see trying to make light of things to make the job easier. However, why did they need to take a picture? That's the part I really don't understand.

You know...at first, I thought, "thats terrible". Then I looked at the photo. As a former police officer, having encountered many horrible/sad/gruesome things, it is not uncommon for officers to make light of things as a coping mechanism. It is VERY common and doesnt mean that officer is cruel, or mean, or a monster...its just how some of them deal. Maybe, this being the guy's job, is how he copes too....just playing devil's advocate here.
In agreement with it - but a cell phone pic? I'll be dead and thus won't care if the morgue folk play soccer with my severed head, but really - a cell phone pic? Tawdry.

The family of the person who died I'm sure cares. Imagine the family seeing this pic on the news. Disrespectful.

Wow I don't even know what to say about this one. Guess his work got to him and he was just trying to do something funny???? I don't find it funny but I don't work around dead bodies all day either. Not sure what this guys mindset even would be like.

I tend to agree with the Seeker's speculation above, that it's a bit of black humor in an occupation where you deal with death every day. But really, pictures? Hasn't anyone learned to never, ever photograph anything you wouldn't want your mother to see you doing?! If it's inappropriate at all, it'll end up on the interwebs for sure!

My biggest problem with this story is being left wondering what newsworthy value there was in mentioning that the embalmer's room mate is a cross dresser? Just trying to add to the sensationalism, I guess, since neither the roommate nor his clothing have anything at all to do with the embalmer story! I mean, I realize this is the Daily "Wail" here, but that seemed low even for them to do. What year is this, now?! :furious:

Who took the pic? Owner of phone? Him?
I once did patrons hair and makeup for undertakers and
they would have a pot of coffee on and ask if I wanted to eat donuts............
it was like everyday thing to them like me in my salon.
But I could never do that, I did what I had to do and RAN out.
So I guess it is just another day in the morque, but in bad taste.......JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back