MA MA - Gerald Peasha Jr., 44, Leominster, 4 April 2010

peashak

Inactive
Reaction score
So I came across your website looking for any leads to the where abouts of Gerald Peasha......I've felt like since he is an adult and homeless that no one really cares about finding him..After our case was placed in the NaMus Web site I had hoped that someone would find him but we never heard anything. I did place calls, e-mails to a few medical examiners when I thought someone on the site could be him but not once did I get a reply. It sounds like you have some good contacts to work with.
I also have to say that I was very touched to see your community trying to find out who this deceased male was regardless of his status in life.
Jerry has now been missing for almost 2 years and I guess the more time that goes by the harder it is for our family. His Dad's health is very poor and I would really like to see him found before he dies.
He missed out on several big events with our two children Nick and Zack. Graduations from HS and college now. Something that he never would have done if he were able to be there.
Although he had been lost for so many years prior to his actual disappearence I would so appreciate everyones help in maybe finding him. I'm not sure what became of the person found in RI but if anyone has heard one way or the other I would love to hear about it.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Kate

Case Report - NamUs MP # 8582

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8582/0/

Status Missing
First name GERALD
Middle name JOSEPH
Last name PEASHA, JR.
Nickname/Alias JERRY

Date LKA April 04, 2010 06:01
Date entered 11/06/2010
Age LKA 44 to years old
Age now 46 years old
Race White
Sex Male
Height (inches) 69.0 to 71.0
Weight (pounds) 140.0 to 165.0
City LEOMINSTER
State Massachusetts
Zip code 01453
County Worcester

Circumstances Gerald (Jerry) Peasha, Jr. was last seen on April 4, 2010. He may have traveled to any New England state looking for work. Jerry has a thin build and thin hair and will be wearing strong prescription eyeglasses.

Physical
Hair color Brown
Head hair THIN, LIGHT BROWN HAIR.
Hair has also been referred to as blonde.
Body hair VERY LITTLE
Facial hair MAY HAVE THIN FACIAL HAIR
Eye color Blue
Eye description VERY POOR EYESIGHT. JERRY WOULD HAVE TO BE WEARING STRONG RX GLASSES IN ORDER TO SEE ANYTHING.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No known distinctive body features
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skeletal information THERE IS ANECDOTAL INFORMATION THAT JERRY HAS AN OLD FRACTURE OF HIS LEFT LEG. NOT SURE IF IT WAS A FEMUR FX OR TIBIA. THIS WOULD HAVE OCCURRED WHEN HE WAS IN HIS LATE TEENS. HE MAY HAVE OTHER HEALED FRACTURES DUE TO MULTIPLE FALLS.

Clothing and accessories are unknown
Eyewear STRONG RX GLASSES
Accessories would have green canvas knapsack with personal belongings in his possession

Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

Fingerprint Information

Police Information
Title Detective
First name Richard
Last name Gallant
Jurisdiction Local
Agency Leominster Police Department
Address 1 29 Church St.
Address 2
City Leominster
State Massachusetts
Zip code 01453
Phone 978-534-7560 ext 343
Email rgallant@police.leominster-ma.gov
Website
Case number M739067799
Date reported May 10, 2010
Comments Missing person report filed by family member

Images
Actual photo
Public viewable
Gerald (Jerry) Peasha, Jr. - this is an older picture of Jerry from about 15-20 years ago Facial/case ID
Public viewable
Gerald Peasha, Jr.

Was he married or did he have kids? I might have found a child, but not sure.

ETA: I see now. Wife and 2 boys. :)

Peashak, I am so sorry for what your family is going through. I am from the area, but had not heard he was missing. Hopefully, you get some answers soon and Gerald comes home safe. He has very warm and friendly eyes, seems to be a kind man. My prayers to you and your family.

The rhode island unidentified man is deceased. This is the description:

* * * * * * * *UPDATE: The remains found in the Exeter woods have been identified as a male between the age of 35-55 years old. The medical examiner determined the male was about 5'10', dark hair, and missing all upper teeth and a few lower teeth.

* * * * * * * The cause of death has not been determined and it is possible the remains could have been in the woods for up to a year.*The male was wearing a "class of 2009" sweatshirt and had prescription glasses.*

Anyone with information is asked to contact Rhode Island State Police at (401) 444-1155.*

It sounds like Gerald was a little shorter than the man found....and may have lighter hair, but it doesn't hurt to call. http://www.abc6.com/story/16308608/human-remains-found-in-exteter-woods

The rhode island unidentified man is deceased. This is the description:

* * * * * * * *UPDATE: The remains found in the Exeter woods have been identified as a male between the age of 35-55 years old. The medical examiner determined the male was about 5'10', dark hair, and missing all upper teeth and a few lower teeth.

* * * * * * * The cause of death has not been determined and it is possible the remains could have been in the woods for up to a year.*The male was wearing a "class of 2009" sweatshirt and had prescription glasses.*

Anyone with information is asked to contact Rhode Island State Police at (401) 444-1155.*

It sounds like Gerald was a little shorter than the man found....and may have lighter hair, but it doesn't hurt to call. http://www.abc6.com/story/16308608/human-remains-found-in-exteter-woods

There is a thread for these remains....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157285

Does anyone know what kind of work he did? It may help narrow down where he might have been going...

Jerry was trying to get some dental work. His son was taking him to taking him to the
dentist but I don't believe that he followed through with the appointments. His teeth were in very poor condition. I noticed that the report stated most of the deceased upper teeth were missing but it's not clear if the tooth loss is ante-mortem or post-mortem. His dental records are listed with NamUs .

Jerry could have done anything..... landscaping to construction work. He most likely would have done work under the table as his license would have been expired and would be very difficult to get work without a valid one.

The man found in RI sounds consistent except for the hair color. Jerry had light-brown hair -but maybe exposure to the elements?

Let me know if anyone has any other questions. Thank you!!

Welcome to websleuths, peashak!

I have a contact at the Leominster PD-let me see if I can coordinate some response between Jerry's case and the possible John Doe Match.

Peashak, I am so sorry...I can't even begin to imagine what you and the family are going through.

I have been looking at Mr. Peasha's information for a few weeks now and I have a few questions. The report states that he was last seen on April 4, 2010. Do you know if he mentioned at that time he was going to look for work? Had he previously traveled outside MA for work? How did he normally travel without a license (i.e. public transportation, hitch hiking, acquaintances, etc.)?

Welcome to websleuths, peashak!

I have a contact at the Leominster PD-let me see if I can coordinate some response between Jerry's case and the possible John Doe Match.

Oh Thank you! That is really good to know.
I wish there were a way to get in touch with the local medical examiners office to see if anyone that matches his description has turned up in the past few years.
Wonderful to have someone on the inside that can help.
Thank you again!
K

Peashak, I am so sorry...I can't even begin to imagine what you and the family are going through.

I have been looking at Mr. Peasha's information for a few weeks now and I have a few questions. The report states that he was last seen on April 4, 2010. Do you know if he mentioned at that time he was going to look for work? Had he previously traveled outside MA for work? How did he normally travel without a license (i.e. public transportation, hitch hiking, acquaintances, etc.)?

Hello again,
My son was supposed to bring him up North. He believes to Vermont for work. He was traveling with a friend and my son went to pick him up and he wasn't were he said he was going to be. He was picking him up at a supermarket in Fitchburg, Ma.
He mostly relied on my son to go anywhere. He hadn't driven for a while.
Hope that is helpful.
Thanks again!
K

Just to close the loop on the possible match-Leominster followed up on the RI John Doe, which was subsequently Identified. The Exeter John Doe was NOT Mr. Peasha.

peashak, I have been trying to look around the web to get a better idea of anything that may have been going on around the time of Gerald's disappearance. Please don't think I am passing judgement, it is definately not my intention. I found an article that listed a court appearance in Feb. 12, 2010. Do you know if he attended on that date? If it may have been continued? idk...I was thinking that I could do an 'inmate or a regional jail lookup' for MA (like we have in WV), but that is not the case. I can't imagine that it would carry a jail sentence, but I am not familiar with the laws in MA. Unless he possibly didn't show and they issue a bench warrant??? Of course, MOO, I would think that LE would check out that kind of information when a missing persons report is filed. Just trying to come up with ideas. Hopeful that you and your family will find answers and even more hopeful that he is alive and well.

Gerald J. Peasha Jr., 43, of 70 Taft Road, Sterling, improper storage of a firearm, sufficient facts found, but continued without a finding until Feb. 12, 2010,...

http://www.telegram.com/article/200...RTAL&WT_TOWN=Lancaster&WT_CAME_FROM=MAIN_PAGE

Sorry for my late reply. Jerry was actually trying to get this taken care of. My oldest had been making sure to take him to his court appearances. It just kept getting continued, continued, continued. I guess the last time he went would have been before 4/2010. But I'm not sure about the exact date of his last appearence. He was getting pretty frustrated and asked the judge to either throw him in jail, fine him or drop the case and he just continued it again.
The police in full swat gear actually showed up at my house looking for him at like 4 AM one morning. He never lived at this house and I guess they showed up because he never went to his court date.
( From what I understand he got arrested for having guns at the house without a license but living on a farm we just had them. He used to have a gun permit but it expired. He never threatened anyone.)
I told the police while they were standing in my kitchen handing me a picture of him Titled "Dangerous supspect"or something like that, the only person Jerry is dangerous to is himself.
The officer in Leominster said he did check into incacerations nationally and came up with nothing.
But that was almost 2 years ago.
I actually know the name of the person he was last with and told the leominster police. They said they couldn't find him. Again 2 years ago. I think if they could locate him he might be able to tell us what happened.
Thanks again

I'm from WV and we are used to growing up with guns in the house (for hunting). Permits are only needed here for concealed weapons. So there was someone that he was with before he went missing? Was that person checked out by police? Without naming names (I don't think it's allowed unless they are named a suspect in an investigation) did that person offer up any information such as the last time they had seen him? MOO, in regards to him not showing up for the court appearance after it being continued again in Feb. 2010, it does sound like a 'bench warrant' was issued. I also think, MOO, that the last person he had been seen with would hold clues...(i.e., where he was headed, what he was doing, what he was saying, etc.). Did LE share any of that with you?

Sorry for my late reply. Jerry was actually trying to get this taken care of. My oldest had been making sure to take him to his court appearances. It just kept getting continued, continued, continued. I guess the last time he went would have been before 4/2010. But I'm not sure about the exact date of his last appearence. He was getting pretty frustrated and asked the judge to either throw him in jail, fine him or drop the case and he just continued it again.
The police in full swat gear actually showed up at my house looking for him at like 4 AM one morning. He never lived at this house and I guess they showed up because he never went to his court date.
( From what I understand he got arrested for having guns at the house without a license but living on a farm we just had them. He used to have a gun permit but it expired. He never threatened anyone.)
I told the police while they were standing in my kitchen handing me a picture of him Titled "Dangerous supspect"or something like that, the only person Jerry is dangerous to is himself.
The officer in Leominster said he did check into incacerations nationally and came up with nothing.
I actually know the name of the person he was last with and told the leominster police. They said they couldn't find him. Again 2 years ago. I think if they could locate him he might be able to tell us what happened.Thanks again
BBM

I should have paid more attention to the last part of your comment. So that person is also missing? I find that curious:waitasec:

I actually know the name of the person he was last with and told the leominster police. They said they couldn't find him. Again 2 years ago. I think if they could locate him he might be able to tell us what happened.
Thanks again

BBM above.....
Do we have a thread for this other missing person, or any articles showing him missing as well ?
If we had a name it may help to start looking into them as well in hopes of tracking them down for information on Jerry.

MOD's is it alright to get the other persons name if available?
Thanks Mystic

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith