806 users online (104 members and 702 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Mom arrested for letting boy, 10, get tattoo

Chuntera Napier (mom) said "It's not like he asked me if he could get Sponge Bob".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...to-get-tattoo/

Interesting that it was not a law until 2010 for a person to put a tattoo on someone under the age of 18. Consent or not.

My ex is a tattoo artist. He has never and will never tattoo a person under 18, even with parental consent. He's seen too many adults that regret their tattoo, even when it's nicely done and not offensive in any way. However, because of the things that he has been asked to tattoo on kids, it doesn't surprise me at all to see a memorial tat on a kid.

Among the things that my ex has been asked to do:
    Tattoo a hand flashing a gang sign on a four year old.
    Tattoo a picture of a beloved family dog on a 6 month old (the dog died the same day as the baby was born.)
    Tattoo a large, intricate cross on the arm of a 13 year old so that she could prove she was tough and not get bullied at school anymore.
    Tattoo a list of cuss words on an 8-9 year old because he wouldn't stop cussing and his father wanted to embarass him.

Some people just have no sense.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    My ex is a tattoo artist. He has never and will never tattoo a person under 18, even with parental consent. He's seen too many adults that regret their tattoo, even when it's nicely done and not offensive in any way. However, because of the things that he has been asked to tattoo on kids, it doesn't surprise me at all to see a memorial tat on a kid.

Tattoo a picture of a beloved family dog on a 6 month old (the dog died the same day as the baby was born.)
    Tattoo a large, intricate cross on the arm of a 13 year old so that she could prove she was tough and not get bullied at school anymore.
    Tattoo a list of cuss words on an 8-9 year old because he wouldn't stop cussing and his father wanted to embarass him.

People are going insane!
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

There's a reason kiddos shouldn't be tattooed. Not only are kids not in a position to make such a life long decision (regardless of tat removal options), it's their skin and bones aren't done growing.

So this 10 year old is gonna grow taller and wider, and what's that tat gonna look like 5 years from now? Certainly not what it looks like today.

That mamma was just being <unusual>.

MOO

Mel

"Sorry, I can't tattoo your kid. However, I'll be happy to do a "I Am A Crappy Excuse for A Parent" tat on you at no charge!"

It's a good thing I'm not in the tattoo business.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Not_my_kids,
    That is just crazy. All of the above are insane but the one that gets me is the 6 month old. Maybe because my baby girl turned 7 months yesterday. There is no way I would do that to her. I have my own and know they are there forever and they hurt like he!!.

If it's illegal, shouldn't tattoo artist be responsible as well as the mother? It's a child we are talking about. There will be plenty of time to tattoo whatever it is he wants after he turns 18.
    Just my opinion

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I read the tattoo artist is being investigated as well as the parent.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    If it's illegal, shouldn't tattoo artist be responsible as well as the mother? It's a child we are talking about. There will be plenty of time to tattoo whatever it is he wants after he turns 18.
    THis article indicates that the tattoo "artist" that did it is not operating under license, as they should be. He is being investigated as well, which is how it should be.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

I honestly just don't see the big deal about this. I could understand if it was some childish, frivolous tattoo, but this was a memorial for his brother. Maybe that helped him to deal with missing him. As far as I always knew, you just had to have parental permission under the age of 18 and I believe that is the way it should stay. There are times when the government needs to stay out of people's business. This is one of them. If a little baby can have pierced ears, then this boy should be able to have a tattoo.

Granted, I refused to have my daughter's ears pierced until I felt she was old enough to make the decision for herself. I wasn't about to put permanent holes in her body without her permission. But, the fact is, it's legal. I find it no different than the tattoo.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

I agree with this statement.

“The tragedy of this is that the child’s tattoos are some sort of memorial to a sibling who was lost in a car accident a few years ago. I understand from the investigators that there are several memorial to the deceased child in the apartment where they live. It may be that professional or religious counseling for their/her grief would be more helpful than anything.”

Belinda you make a very good points about piercings.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I honestly just don't see the big deal about this. I could understand if it was some childish, frivolous tattoo, but this was a memorial for his brother. Maybe that helped him to deal with missing him. As far as I always knew, you just had to have parental permission under the age of 18 and I believe that is the way it should stay. There are times when the government needs to stay out of people's business. This is one of them. If a little baby can have pierced ears, then this boy should be able to have a tattoo.

Granted, I refused to have my daughter's ears pierced until I felt she was old enough to make the decision for herself. I wasn't about to put permanent holes in her body without her permission. But, the fact is, it's legal. I find it no different than the tattoo.
    I agree with you.

I am really stuck on "Mom charged with CRUELTY for 10 year old's tattoo."

While the Mom who allowed her three year old to be raped, sodomized, beaten, bleached and nearly killed... is charged with... child NEGLECT.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...=142359&page=2

Seriously?

I am really, quite certain that allowing a ten year old to get a tattoo is far closer to neglect than cruelty...
    While selling your 3 year old to be raped and nearly killed... is definitely far more cruelty than neglect.

But hey... I don't decide these things.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    I agree with you.

I am really stuck on "Mom charged with CRUELTY for 10 year old's tattoo."

While the Mom who allowed her three year old to be raped, sodomized, beaten, bleached and nearly killed... is charged with... child NEGLECT. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...=142359&page=2

Seriously?

I am really, quite certain that allowing a ten year old to get a tattoo is far closer to neglect than cruelty...
    While selling your 3 year old to be raped and nearly killed... is definitely far more cruelty than neglect.

But hey... I don't decide these things.
    Exactly!
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

Tattoos ought to be illegal in children. They don't really make the decision themselves, do they? Who talks them into it and drives them to the tattoo parlor?

At age ten, kids only know about temporary tattoos. They may not understand that a tattoo is permanent or how they will feel about it years later. They may not realize the process is painful either until they get there. It's not fair to the child. And the extra burden is that it's expensive to have it removed later.

There are hundreds of ways for child of ten to honor a deceased sibling. Scrapbook, maybe? Photo wall? Memorial garden? Charity run?

The whole thing seems selfish on the part of the parent involved, and no real artist would ever do that to a child, so I'm glad they are being investigated.

And just for the record: I'm not big on the piercings for children either. My teenagers ran out and got several piercings when they turned 18 because they thought I had been mean about that. My daughter nearly got an infected ear, and actually let her ears grow over for another year before she tried again. She talked her boyfriend into an eyebrow piercing, which his boss didn't like where he worked and his parents hated it, so he finally gave that up. My middle child got his ear pierced and it would never heal, so he finally gave that up - then he got a tattoo, which he immediately regretted. So I've seen it all here at my house. But it was their decision, not mine.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast