1259 users online (223 members and 1036 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Mike Grefner, 34, Whistler BC, 16 Jan 2012

This is my first time starting a thread so I hope that everything is correct. I never thought I would see someone I know on here, it's shocking!
    I went to school with Mike. He has a lot of friends who are very worried!

http://www.globaltvbc.com/whistler+d...357/story.html

Has he been found? Any other details yet? I hope he is safe.

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*

mama to 12 / adoptive parent educator

Yes lots of info on his timeline that evening and then nothing!! There is a facebook page for him titled Mike Grefner-Missing! Lots of people trying to locate him and starting search parties...

Mike is a very popular DJ in Whistler and Alberta. He takes his work very seriously and that is what set off alarms, when he didn't show for work. <MODSNIP> Mike is a communicator and is always texting or on facebook. <MODSNIP> I really hope he met the woman of his dreams and ran off together but it seems so unlikely that he wouldn't contact atleast one of the thousands of facebook friends he has. The RCMP are on it and I have faith they will find out what happened. Hurry home Mike!!!
    Last edited by bessie; 01-24-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: snipped unverified statements about circumstances preceding MG's disappearance.

No, as far as I know Mike has never married. He is just a big goof and was probably joking. He called or texted a flurry of girls the night he went missing, probably looking to hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    Mike is a very popular DJ in Whistler and Alberta. He takes his work very seriously and that is what set off alarms, when he didn't show for work. <MODSNIP> -20 celsius the night he went missing. I really hope he met the woman of his dreams and ran off together but it seems so unlikely that he wouldn't contact atleast one of the thousands of facebook friends he has. The RCMP are on it and I have faith they will find out what happened. Hurry home Mike!!!
    The article says he was at Garfinkle. Isn't that where he works? A friend spoke to him on Tuesday morning. Did the friend say what they talked about? Did Mike mention where he was at the time of the call?
    Last edited by bessie; 01-24-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: snipped unverified statement from quote

Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    He was pretty drunk the night he went missing and I hope he didn't pass out somewhere in the cold. -20 celsius the night he went missing.
    Unfortunately, I can't help but thinking that something like the above is probably what happened...

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEclipse View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't help but thinking that something like the above is probably what happened...
    Wouldn't he have been found by now if that was the case?

<MODSNIP>

I'm not from BC but apparently very cold the night he disappeared and I'm sure they've gotten snow. I guess he could be somewhere and nobody has found him yet.

This is the latest I could find:

He was last seen just after midnight on Tuesday at a night club in Whistler.

A friend told CTV News that he was checking his coat but never met up with him afterwards.

He looked for him but Grefner was nowhere to be seen.
    http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

I'm guessing he didn't have a car (??)
    Last edited by bessie; 01-23-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Snipped out quote; more FB rumors

Mike Grefner, 34, was last seen by friends arriving at Garfinkel’s nightclub in Whistler around midnight, according to friends. Between 1 and 5:15 a.m., a heavily inebriated Grefner “drunk-dialed” at least five friends, some multiple times each.

A friend who answered at 5 a.m. said Grefner was in good spirits. They spoke for about 10 minutes.

He has not been heard from since.
    Grefner had been staying at a friend’s place in Whistler while she stayed with her boyfriend. His belongings had been left behind at the home.
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Whi...F+Vancouver%29

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEclipse View Post
    There is a lot more -- and somewhat different, but far more specific so likely credible -- information about his Mon. night timeline on the Find Mike FB page. Basically, he got dropped off at home by a taxi driver (they even know which specific driver and have spoken to him) circa 2 am and was making drunken phone calls until ~5:10 am. His apartment was found unlocked with all of the lights on.
    I'm confused about the timeline. Did he go missing Monday night or Tuesday night?

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I'm confused about the timeline. Did he go missing Monday night or Tuesday night?
    I believe the last contact was early Tuesday morning (~5:15 am, for him essentially very late Monday night), but they don't know for sure when he went missing as he wasn't missed until Wednesday night when he didn't show up for his DJing gig.

DJ Mike Grefner still missing; friends following up on leads

Nikula said Grefner has been known to go away for a day or two at a time, and he's a very spiritual person so he likes the solitary outdoors, but he always told someone where he was going. "He's gone away for a day or two, it's not a big deal," said Nikula. "But now he's just ended up disappearing."
    http://www.globaltvbc.com/dj+mike+gr...064/story.html

Can someone please update me on the cab driver who allegedly helped him to his door? Who saw him?

Hi Livvy .. Thanks for starting this thread on your friend Michael. Will be keeping fingers crossed here that he shows up safely soon.

Can you please tell us where Michael's apartment is, and where it is in relation to Garfinkles and Maxx Fish? Also how many (and company names if you can please) of the taxi companies in Whistler.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast