Interview with Mike Thompson

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
I just saw this and thought there could be discussion about this interview with 'witness' Mike Thompson, the man who was on his motorcycle in the early hours of October 4th. This is an interview with MT and Ron Rugen, a private investigator from the area of Kansas City Missouri.

Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?" The man turned toward Thompson, a baby clearly visible in his arms, only in a diaper, sitting straight up in his arms and alert. The man responded only with a nod.

Did we know this? He says he also told the man to get a coat or something for the baby.

http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com/2012/01/confident-he-saw-live-baby-was-it-lisa.html

I just can't understand why he didn't call 911 and "never thought much more about it for another week". Did a naked baby out in the cold, in the middle of the night honestly not ring any red bells of alarm??

I just saw this and thought there could be discussion about this interview with 'witness' Mike Thompson, the man who was on his motorcycle in the early hours of October 4th. This is an interview with MT and Ron Rugen, a private investigator from the area of Kansas City Missouri.

Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?" The man turned toward Thompson, a baby clearly visible in his arms, only in a diaper, sitting straight up in his arms and alert. The man responded only with a nod.

Did we know this? He says he also told the man to get a coat or something for the baby.

http://kansascitypi.blogspot.com/2012/01/confident-he-saw-live-baby-was-it-lisa.html

Thanks, Matou!
I am glad to see that there are further interviews going on that may bring out a refreshed interest and information in the Baby Lisa case.
This is an interesting article, and Mike Thompson seems to be a reliable and non-biased witness, whether the baby he saw was Baby Lisa or not.

I wonder why the alert naked baby didn't cry. Being carried around by a stranger for miles and miles, , unclothed, and cold, must have been very uncomfortable and distressing.

I wonder why the alert naked baby didn't cry. Being carried around by a stranger for miles and miles, , unclothed, and cold, must have been very uncomfortable and distressing.

I wonder about that also Donjeta. Also, practically everyone has a cell phone, why didn't this man call 911, he had to know what he saw was very wrong on many, many levels.

Is it possible that the baby was in shock.....and so traumatized and confused that she was quiet?

Yeah, and "get the baby a coat or a blanket". It could be easier said than done, at four am in the morning.

Whether the baby was Baby Lisa or not, perhaps this man was not a stranger to him/her.

Whether the baby was Baby Lisa or not, perhaps this man was not a stranger to him/her.

This was my thought as well.

What I don't understand is if MT saw the man and the baby that well. . .why haven't we heard if he thought the baby looked like Lisa?

What did the BABY look like?! :banghead:

This was my thought as well.

What I don't understand is if MT saw the man and the baby that well. . .why haven't we heard if he thought the baby looked like Lisa?

What did the BABY look like?! :banghead:

I wonder about this too. Now, it could be because men don't really pay attention to what babies look like for the most part. Sorry, i know that sounds chauvinist, but in my experience, most men really don't. I remember asking my husband one time, when he saw his sisters baby for the first time "What did the baby look like?" and he said, "Well, I don't know, it looked like a baby." lol
But you would think he would have noticed if the baby looked nothing like Lisa. Like maybe it had a lot of really dark hair. What would the lighting be like? How far away from him were the man and the baby?

I just can't understand why he didn't call 911 and "never thought much more about it for another week". Did a naked baby out in the cold, in the middle of the night honestly not ring any red bells of alarm??

Mike told his cousin what he saw but never thought much more about it for another week. As awareness of Lisa Irwin's disappearance increased over the week, Mike's cousin, told him he thought he should call the Kansas City police department (KCPD). He did.

I wonder about this too. Now, it could be because men don't really pay attention to what babies look like for the most part. Sorry, i know that sounds chauvinist, but in my experience, most men really don't. I remember asking my husband one time, when he saw his sisters baby for the first time "What did the baby look like?" and he said, "Well, I don't know, it looked like a baby." lol
But you would think he would have noticed if the baby looked nothing like Lisa. Like maybe it had a lot of really dark hair. What would the lighting be like? How far away from him were the man and the baby?

By this time a man, carrying a baby was probably around 20 to 30 yards north of the intersection walking on N. Randolph. Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?"

What matters imo is whether they follow up and investigate sightings, not whether they're acting all OMG OMG about it.

Even if they're very excited it might be prudent sometimes for investigatory reasons to act cool and not let everybody know which tip is gonna make or break the case.

No, I don't recall hearing anything about MT having this one sided conversation with the man with a baby. Frankly I am very skeptical of this sighting. Also, this article says he was shown the photos by GA before he went to the police to view the line up (which I suspected all alone).

Were the two "sightings" of the man and baby in the same area? How close to each other were they?

I don't believe a thing Ron Rugen says.

I'm a little iffy on Rugen myself, Dr. Fessel. I WANT to believe him, but I am cynical.\

ETA: Oh, and he looks just like my father-in law, who is a big con man. So maybe it's that. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back