Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
HKlug.jpg

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 22, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 117 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Pierced Ears
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on the abdomen.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances Of Disappearance

Klug, a title researcher for a Richmond law firm, spoke to a coworker whom she was dating on the phone around 23:30 on May 20, 1986 from her home in the Crestview area of Richmond, VA. It was a normal conversation and Klug gave no indication that anything was wrong.
Klug did not report to her workplace the next day, May 21. The police searched her home and discovered that her dog was still at home, along with her car.
The only items missing were Ms. Klug's purse and a suitcase.
Police suspect foul play in Klug's disappearance.​

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/38dfva.html

She is mentioned in this article about another missing woman in the same area:

http://progress-index.com/news/ettrick-woman-s-fate-still-a-mystery-after-25-years-1.1140184

In this article it says:

Nothing appeared to be missing from the home except Klug's purse and a suitcase. Police suspected foul play, but nothing more was ever discovered.

I wonder how big that suitcase was? Perhaps, someone killed her and used the suitcase to remove her from the premises. I hope LE checked out all the neighbors.

as Hazel's cousin i've heard from other family members that what the police call a suitcase was actually an old army trunk at least that's what the family has refered to it as for all these years, and she would have not of left her dog without it being taken care of as she loved her dog very much, her parents went to numerous physics before they passed some were scam artists mostly, we've always wondered if she was in the witness relocation as we've seen people who resembled her before but everyone swears she would of found some way to let her parents know she was ok in all the years she's been gone and there is still family living on the farm and the phone is still the same as it always was

also they have had a person they've suspected in her disappearence for years but without her there's not much they can do last I heard her sister still lives in richmond VA but is thinking of moving back to the farm she been living in richmond and always searched for Hazel

as my mother is now in criminal justice classes this is one cold case she would love to solve to be the one who helps find our cousin and get answers , we wish to thank all who are still helping to find answers

i've been given the lead detective's e-mail that is in charge of hazel' case i've e-mailed him tonight , i've also been in contact with the detective in charge of dna and so far there has not been any new leads but alot of people have suggest they check the jane doe who was found in the landfill to see if it's her or not , as much as i want her found i pray the jane doe is ruled out not to be her as the family will be wondering where the rest of her body is , such an awful thing to have to wonder but any kind of closure as to where she is and if alive or not would be welcomed

Does anyone know, SPECIFICALLY, where she worked? The name of the firm? I have been VERY curious about this since I first became familiar with her case a year or so ago. Would LOVE to have specifics.
(We all think Richmond/Henrico is such a huge area...in retrospect, it's really not. Maybe it's me; maybe I have just lived a very sheltered life in The Commonwealth or had a diverse employment background...I don't know, but I swear to you so many of the "local" cases on this site have some kinda story attached for me personally (like my school bus drove down this road, or my aunt lived nearby, whatever). It seems like i can relate...I traveled up and down that road a zillion times a week or lived in the vicinity...it's really kind of odd. Guess that's mass, social media for ya.)

i've recieved an e-mail back from the detective of her case

I am still looking into the information. As it stands right now, it appears that the remains you are referring to were brought to the attention of the detectives during the initial investigation and were rule as NOT being Miss Klug. I am attempting to confirm this information through a variety of channels. As soon as I can verify this, I will email you the results.
Detective Joe Schihl
Henrico County Police
Violent Crimes/Cold Case Review
804-501-5240
804-928-0265
sch53@co.henrico.va.us

i've looked at a list that the dna dective has of ruled out and hazel is listed as being ruled out she is one of 298 that the dna detective mr. howdyshell has ruled out

Does anyone know, SPECIFICALLY, where she worked? The name of the firm? I have been VERY curious about this since I first became familiar with her case a year or so ago. Would LOVE to have specifics.
(We all think Richmond/Henrico is such a huge area...in retrospect, it's really not. Maybe it's me; maybe I have just lived a very sheltered life in The Commonwealth or had a diverse employment background...I don't know, but I swear to you so many of the "local" cases on this site have some kinda story attached for me personally (like my school bus drove down this road, or my aunt lived nearby, whatever). It seems like i can relate...I traveled up and down that road a zillion times a week or lived in the vicinity...it's really kind of odd. Guess that's mass, social media for ya.)

i'll have to ask her sisters what the law firm was called but being that one of her siblings is battling cancer and not talking calls or on facebook to much due to being ill it might take awhile to get the answer , as i'm Hazel's cousin but i've never heard the name of the law firm mentioned so it might be something the detectives didn't want to get out or something i'll have to check with other family members i believe they didn't release the name of the law firm because her boyfriend at the time also worked there

I'm wondering if Hazel has ever been looked at in comparison to this Jane Doe:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6515

There is not a lot to compare for this UID. But the age range is consistent, and the location (about an hour drive from Richmond) is reasonable.

The postmortem interval is listed as "Years", and there was only an 11 month interval from Hazel's Date LKA and the discovery. But postmortem intervals aren't always reliable.

It says "partial remains", and it appears to be only a skull (torso, limbs, and hands were all checked as "not found").

There is no DNA available on the UID, so there wouldn't be a CODIS rule-out by default.

Looking at the Google Map for the location of discovery (250 Ipswich Road), it looks like a very high-rent neighborhood.

i believe according to the detective in charge that the jane doe found in the landfill was ruled out as being hazel alice he said he's gotta go back and double check , and also they will not release the name of the law firm she worked at as they said it's bad publicy and is an ongoing investigation is what i was told as to why the name of the firm she worked at isn't released in the news or any sites with her information sorry i couldn't release that information , with her sister being ill with breast cancer we're hoping someone has some clue or something about where hazel alice is , all she wishes for is some closure of where her sister is as their parents passed away never knowing what happened to hazel alice

I'm wondering if Hazel has ever been looked at in comparison to this Jane Doe:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6515

There is not a lot to compare for this UID. But the age range is consistent, and the location (about an hour drive from Richmond) is reasonable.

The postmortem interval is listed as "Years", and there was only an 11 month interval from Hazel's Date LKA and the discovery. But postmortem intervals aren't always reliable.

It says "partial remains", and it appears to be only a skull (torso, limbs, and hands were all checked as "not found").

There is no DNA available on the UID, so there wouldn't be a CODIS rule-out by default.

Looking at the Google Map for the location of discovery (250 Ipswich Road), it looks like a very high-rent neighborhood.

i'm not sure where you found this one but i'll definitly send it to the detective in charge of her case to check and see if she's a match

most recent update email i've recieved :

The unidentified female located at the Shoosmith Landfill has been eliminated as being Hazel Klug through DNA comparison. After comparing the unidentified female from Charlottesville to Hazel she has also been eliminated through dental comparison. Please continue to send me possible matches as I can compare them in NamUs and either dig deeper into the comparison or eliminate the two.

Sergeant Kevin S. Howdyshell
Patrol Operations, South Station
Day Shift, A Platoon
Henrico County Police Division
Phone: 804-501-5000

i would love more then anything to see my cousin home the family thanks all who are looking and submitting possible leads on to her whereabouts keep the rule outs coming eventually one day we will know what happen so many years passed as it is without knowing we just keep faith that one day the family will know

ok just recieved e-mail back from mr. howdyshell i contacted him about a tv show on TNT called cold justice and this was his response :

Sorry for the delay in responding back, I was out of the country on vacation and recently returned. I spoke to Detective Schihl regarding the television show and he has been approached by the television series regarding several Henrico cold cases. After checking into the show he does not believe that it will be beneficial at this time as the show is more utilized if there are no leads in the case as a way to generate leads. At this point there is a suspect in the case and DNA that is still being analyzed that may lead to some further clarification or a stronger lead.

I believe that a show such as that television series is beneficial in certain cases, however, since there still is an active lead in this investigation at this point I would advise to hold off. Please continue to contact me with questions or suggestions as you may have thought of something that may develop into a lead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back