1514 users online (321 members and 1193 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anna's point of view

If you were in Anna's shoes, what would you look for? I am wondering because she may be out there looking for answers, but perhaps our 'key words' don't match and that might be stopping her and us from crossing paths.

Going on the premise that she was snatched, which seems the most likely, we must remember that she was but five years old. She may have been given up for adoption, she may have had her name and date of birth changed, she may have been taken out of California. Five is young enough to forget one's mother tongue. She may have been told any number of stories/lies to explain her situation. Her memories may be confused because of all that.

If you were in her position and suspecting something is not right, where would you start? What questions would you be asking? What would you be throwing into Google, who would you turn to? How would you go about finding out about your real past and about your real family? Where would you look?

I'm trying to see it from Anna's point of view today - how she would be looking for her real family, to see if there is anything we can add/look into that might bring Anna and her family together. What might she be googling to see if anyone else remembers the bus trip? If she remembers the dog, Saturn, and googles that, would that bring her to WS?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly75 View Post
    If you were in Anna's shoes, what would you look for? I am wondering because she may be out there looking for answers, but perhaps our 'key words' don't match and that might be stopping her and us from crossing paths.

Going on the premise that she was snatched, which seems the most likely, we must remember that she was but five years old. She may have been given up for adoption, she may have had her name and date of birth changed, she may have been taken out of California. Five is young enough to forget one's mother tongue. She may have been told any number of stories/lies to explain her situation. Her memories may be confused because of all that.

If you were in her position and suspecting something is not right, where would you start? What questions would you be asking? What would you be throwing into Google, who would you turn to? How would you go about finding out about your real past and about your real family? Where would you look?

I'm trying to see it from Anna's point of view today - how she would be looking for her real family, to see if there is anything we can add/look into that might bring Anna and her family together. What might she be googling to see if anyone else remembers the bus trip? If she remembers the dog, Saturn, and googles that, would that bring her to WS?
    Why haven't we thought of this before? We tried to see what members remembered from when they were five years old. I would expect her to remember "Joka", Saturn, maybe my given nickname and her brothers' names. Any other ideas? I don't remember how to add tag words.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Why haven't we thought of this before? We tried to see what members remembered from when they were five years old. I would expect her to remember "Joka", Saturn, maybe my given nickname and her brothers' names. Any other ideas? I don't remember how to add tag words.

To add tag words. When reading the thread scroll down to where you see Quick Reply. Just above the area where the quick reply is located you'll see a box that reads "edit tags". Click on edit tags which will open the page to add tag words.

hth!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    To add tag words. When reading the thread scroll down to where you see Quick Reply. Just above the area where the quick reply is located you'll see a box that reads "edit tags". Click on edit tags which will open the page to add tag words.

hth!
    Cubby,

Can you add phrases as tags eg; I think I was I adopted, looking for biological parents, was I abducted as a child etc? If I had suspicions about my background, These are the types of phrases I would be googling as they bring up adoption sites and blogs etc.

Unfortunately phrases can't be added. Tags are single words with a character limit of 20 iirc. However, as long as the tag words are within tos, a combination of words can be added as tags to help find this thread on google search. (I always use google so am unfamiliar with how they appear on other search engines).

hth
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Often I will type brief phrases into google while searching, such as, I was abducted california, or my dog saturn, things like that in hopes she is writing a blog! I wish we had 10 billboards.
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

maybe she could be having reaccuring dreams of a past life when she was little, and she maybe asked someone who raised her, and they gave her a line or something. ive read some cases of people who think they are missing and they have dreams of times earlier than they remember with the family the lived with. i have had some dreams about some missing children only one to be exact, i never had a dream of anna.

its odd what i can remember from when i was little i was 3 1/2 aunt got married. i was the flower girl i cannot remember the wedding but i do remember getting ready at my grandmas house earlier, my uncle got married a few months later and again i was the flower girl, i remember nothing about the ceremony or the party, but i remember walking up the long stairs to the church with the ringbear. same thing with my other aunts wedding, i was 4 and also the flower girl. i remember getting ready at my grandmas we then were going to get in the limo. my dad was a photographer at the time and was taking the photos for the wedding. i remember asking him why he could not go in the limo with us. its strange how your mind works at a young age you remember somethings but not everything.

at five i remembered tons of stuff

smell of the cookies, toys...playing with the friends,,,,summer...

I once described my crib to my mother, the wallpaper and the colours of my room. She was amazed at what I could remember. I must have outgrown the crib very early, maybe two/two and half at tops.

I would think she would remember her name at 5 years old but then again, I'm not sure what effect trauma would have on a child who was snatched from her family. She may have been told all kinds of lies. We know Shawn Hornbeck knew his name but he was 11 when he was abducted.

i found someone who was posting on a website that says this person believes they were abducted but they list an age of 52 not sure if its male or female but way to old to be anna.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMarple View Post
    smell of the cookies, toys...playing with the friends,,,,summer...
    Kindergarten, perhaps, or the names of the other pets: Lionel, Melon, Captain Crunch.
    Last edited by Annasmom; 01-22-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: TMI

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    I have always wondered if Anna would remember her mother playing the piano. I wonder if she would have been drawn to playing because of memories she might have had of her mother playing. Can't get that thought out of my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    I have always wondered if Anna would remember her mother playing the piano. I wonder if she would have been drawn to playing because of memories she might have had of her mother playing. Can't get that thought out of my mind...
    I bet she would. She even liked to peck out a tune herself. I'll tag her favorite song.

Memory triggers

I know that a couple of things that are very strong triggers for memory formation are smells and bee stings. My earliest memory is being stung by a bee when I was two years old. I can picture where I was and who I was with to this day. It has also been shown that a specific smell can bring up a memory more strongly than any other mode of sensation. The smell of frankincense immediately triggers memories of the Orthodox church.
    I wonder if there are any specific smells that may be triggers for her early memories?

Love and peace to all!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast