Anna's point of view

Firefly75

Miles away
Reaction score
If you were in Anna's shoes, what would you look for? I am wondering because she may be out there looking for answers, but perhaps our 'key words' don't match and that might be stopping her and us from crossing paths.

Going on the premise that she was snatched, which seems the most likely, we must remember that she was but five years old. She may have been given up for adoption, she may have had her name and date of birth changed, she may have been taken out of California. Five is young enough to forget one's mother tongue. She may have been told any number of stories/lies to explain her situation. Her memories may be confused because of all that.

If you were in her position and suspecting something is not right, where would you start? What questions would you be asking? What would you be throwing into Google, who would you turn to? How would you go about finding out about your real past and about your real family? Where would you look?

I'm trying to see it from Anna's point of view today - how she would be looking for her real family, to see if there is anything we can add/look into that might bring Anna and her family together. What might she be googling to see if anyone else remembers the bus trip? If she remembers the dog, Saturn, and googles that, would that bring her to WS?

If you were in Anna's shoes, what would you look for? I am wondering because she may be out there looking for answers, but perhaps our 'key words' don't match and that might be stopping her and us from crossing paths.

Going on the premise that she was snatched, which seems the most likely, we must remember that she was but five years old. She may have been given up for adoption, she may have had her name and date of birth changed, she may have been taken out of California. Five is young enough to forget one's mother tongue. She may have been told any number of stories/lies to explain her situation. Her memories may be confused because of all that.

If you were in her position and suspecting something is not right, where would you start? What questions would you be asking? What would you be throwing into Google, who would you turn to? How would you go about finding out about your real past and about your real family? Where would you look?

I'm trying to see it from Anna's point of view today - how she would be looking for her real family, to see if there is anything we can add/look into that might bring Anna and her family together. What might she be googling to see if anyone else remembers the bus trip? If she remembers the dog, Saturn, and googles that, would that bring her to WS?

Why haven't we thought of this before? We tried to see what members remembered from when they were five years old. I would expect her to remember "Joka", Saturn, maybe my given nickname and her brothers' names. Any other ideas? I don't remember how to add tag words.

Why haven't we thought of this before? We tried to see what members remembered from when they were five years old. I would expect her to remember "Joka", Saturn, maybe my given nickname and her brothers' names. Any other ideas? I don't remember how to add tag words.

To add tag words. When reading the thread scroll down to where you see Quick Reply. Just above the area where the quick reply is located you'll see a box that reads "edit tags". Click on edit tags which will open the page to add tag words.

hth!

To add tag words. When reading the thread scroll down to where you see Quick Reply. Just above the area where the quick reply is located you'll see a box that reads "edit tags". Click on edit tags which will open the page to add tag words.

hth!

Cubby,

Can you add phrases as tags eg; I think I was I adopted, looking for biological parents, was I abducted as a child etc? If I had suspicions about my background, These are the types of phrases I would be googling as they bring up adoption sites and blogs etc.

Unfortunately phrases can't be added. Tags are single words with a character limit of 20 iirc. However, as long as the tag words are within tos, a combination of words can be added as tags to help find this thread on google search. (I always use google so am unfamiliar with how they appear on other search engines).

hth

Often I will type brief phrases into google while searching, such as, I was abducted california, or my dog saturn, things like that in hopes she is writing a blog! I wish we had 10 billboards.

maybe she could be having reaccuring dreams of a past life when she was little, and she maybe asked someone who raised her, and they gave her a line or something. ive read some cases of people who think they are missing and they have dreams of times earlier than they remember with the family the lived with. i have had some dreams about some missing children only one to be exact, i never had a dream of anna.

its odd what i can remember from when i was little i was 3 1/2 aunt got married. i was the flower girl i cannot remember the wedding but i do remember getting ready at my grandmas house earlier, my uncle got married a few months later and again i was the flower girl, i remember nothing about the ceremony or the party, but i remember walking up the long stairs to the church with the ringbear. same thing with my other aunts wedding, i was 4 and also the flower girl. i remember getting ready at my grandmas we then were going to get in the limo. my dad was a photographer at the time and was taking the photos for the wedding. i remember asking him why he could not go in the limo with us. its strange how your mind works at a young age you remember somethings but not everything.

at five i remembered tons of stuff

I once described my crib to my mother, the wallpaper and the colours of my room. She was amazed at what I could remember. I must have outgrown the crib very early, maybe two/two and half at tops.

I would think she would remember her name at 5 years old but then again, I'm not sure what effect trauma would have on a child who was snatched from her family. She may have been told all kinds of lies. We know Shawn Hornbeck knew his name but he was 11 when he was abducted.

i found someone who was posting on a website that says this person believes they were abducted but they list an age of 52 not sure if its male or female but way to old to be anna.

I have always wondered if Anna would remember her mother playing the piano. I wonder if she would have been drawn to playing because of memories she might have had of her mother playing. Can't get that thought out of my mind...

I have always wondered if Anna would remember her mother playing the piano. I wonder if she would have been drawn to playing because of memories she might have had of her mother playing. Can't get that thought out of my mind...

I bet she would. She even liked to peck out a tune herself. I'll tag her favorite song.

I know that a couple of things that are very strong triggers for memory formation are smells and bee stings. My earliest memory is being stung by a bee when I was two years old. I can picture where I was and who I was with to this day. It has also been shown that a specific smell can bring up a memory more strongly than any other mode of sensation. The smell of frankincense immediately triggers memories of the Orthodox church.
I wonder if there are any specific smells that may be triggers for her early memories?

Love and peace to all!

Another thought I had is that she may not know her true age or birthdate. I would think that those would be pieces of information that would not be given to her if she were abducted.

I know that a couple of things that are very strong triggers for memory formation are smells and bee stings. My earliest memory is being stung by a bee when I was two years old. I can picture where I was and who I was with to this day. It has also been shown that a specific smell can bring up a memory more strongly than any other mode of sensation. The smell of frankincense immediately triggers memories of the Orthodox church.
I wonder if there are any specific smells that may be triggers for her early memories?

Love and peace to all!

Welcome, Ndivine! I am trying to think of smell triggers, and the only one I can come up with is the not-too-pleasant smell of the chicken coop after a rain (Anna sometimes helped gather the eggs.) Hm. Apples, maybe? We had lots of apple trees and the kids would graze their way through them, looking for the best possible apple.

Welcome, Ndivine! I am trying to think of smell triggers, and the only one I can come up with is the not-too-pleasant smell of the chicken coop after a rain (Anna sometimes helped gather the eggs.) Hm. Apples, maybe? We had lots of apple trees and the kids would graze their way through them, looking for the best possible apple.

I wonder if that means there is a woman out there who has wonderful, comforting associations with apples but doesn't know why? Maybe even a passion for apple-scented candles or potpourri. Chicken coops also have such a strong, specific smell.

I wonder how this could be used?

Another random thought - I think there would be a good chance of her having some sort of PTSD experience around the date January 16. Traumatic events tend to live in our bodies even if they are not consciously recalled. Maybe depression or unsettled feeling or something of that kind. If the actual memory of the event is suppressed she may be inappropriately attributing it to post-holiday blues or winter depression or some such. I just think that the January 16 date may be more powerful in finding her since she may not know her true birthday.

She would remember things that may not stand out to you. For example, things that seem odd to a small child yet normal to anyone else. Or even things she did with her brothers, that her Mom does not know about. You may want to have a discussion with them....once one of my brothers gave me snuff, I know that may not be the normal, but brother and sister stuff often does not fit in the norm, I got so sick, my Mother rushed me to the doctor.Until the day she died none of us ever told her what happened that day. My point being, it is often not the normal things that form lasting memories....Did any of her brothers tease her, or have a special nic-name for her? Also BD parties seem to make lasting memories, oh and her favorite outfit....
I agree with the Jan.16 PTSD thing also. ...she maybe having panic attacks then...or other feelings of fear, or perhaps depression. I would think that date would make a great tag.....Mind you this is JMHO....but I hope it helps. You are in my prayers, and I have a candle burning for you.(To light Anna's way home)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back