Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anna's point of view

She would remember: her brothers' names, the pretty unique experience of growing up on a farm...the various animals, going to kindergarden (I'm five years older than Anna and I can STILL remember my kindergarden teacher's name). She'd remember places in town that the family visited regularly (maybe the name of a store). She'd remember her favorite toy or doll (which might help her, time-frame and nationality-wise). And, most of all, she'd remember how much she was loved.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angel629 For This Useful Post:

Children remember a LOT of things at a young age! Even if they are repressed memories they would be there! I am now 46 and as my family moved house when I was 5, I know a lot of memories from that house are me aged 5 or earlier. I remember the address, the exact floor plan, my pets at that house, the outdoor toilet, eating tinned spaghetti, neighbors on both sides although not their names, the flowers out the front, some of my toys, lots of things. Someone could explain the memories away but they would be there!

REST IN PEACE ALLISON, We will never forget you xx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daisyinthedesert For This Useful Post:

I am 43 and have many many pre-school memories of my family. I even remember being at my brother's wedding when I was 2 1/2 years old, not a lot of it, but I remember watching his wife walk down the aisle and I remember details about the church, the church stood out to me because I was used to the Methodist church and the wedding took place in a Catholic church. I remember lots of days at home when it was just me and my mom when I was a very small child, the pets, the toys, the furniture we had. I don't see how you could wipe memories like that out of a person's mind.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogperson For This Useful Post:

Oh gosh, Anna's story just about breaks my heart. I have been consumed by this story for the last few days.

I discovered this thread first and since I have a 5 year old I got to wondering about how much he would remember and for how long. I just cannot imagine him ever forgetting his name, or his siblings, or his true identity. I can't imagine him accepting a story about being adopted or any other story someone might use to explain taking him. I guess though, that when you're 5 compliance probably beats the stress and trauma of constant grief at being taken from your Mamma.

What really drew me into this case though is a photo I saw of Anna. I clicked to open it and walked away, and when I came back I rolled my eyes at my DD taking pictures of herself on my iPad again. Then I realised it wasnt her, it was Anna. The resemblance is uncanny. Same face, same curls, same eyes, same nose. I even showed my DH who thought it was my DD or our older DD. All of the kids thought the photo was our youngest, and even the youngest thought it was her! I cannot stop looking at the picture, because it looks so much like my 3 year old does now, and exactly like my 9 year old did back then (she lost her blonde curls and now has dark brown hair).

I read in another thread that it was possible that Anna may have been dressed as a boy while being moved. I think that is certainly a possibility. I have 4 kids, two girls and two boys, they are all carbon copies of each other, in fact, all 4 resemble Anna which I think is why this case has shaken me so badly. If I shaved my girls head, they would look exactly like their brothers, if I put a wig on my boys, they'd make perfect girls.

I hope so badly that there is a break in this case soon. I know I won't stop thinking about this case any time soon.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MLO For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MLO View Post
    Oh gosh, Anna's story just about breaks my heart. I have been consumed by this story for the last few days.

I discovered this thread first and since I have a 5 year old I got to wondering about how much he would remember and for how long. I just cannot imagine him ever forgetting his name, or his siblings, or his true identity. I can't imagine him accepting a story about being adopted or any other story someone might use to explain taking him. I guess though, that when you're 5 compliance probably beats the stress and trauma of constant grief at being taken from your Mamma.

What really drew me into this case though is a photo I saw of Anna. I clicked to open it and walked away, and when I came back I rolled my eyes at my DD taking pictures of herself on my iPad again. Then I realised it wasnt her, it was Anna. The resemblance is uncanny. Same face, same curls, same eyes, same nose. I even showed my DH who thought it was my DD or our older DD. All of the kids thought the photo was our youngest, and even the youngest thought it was her! I cannot stop looking at the picture, because it looks so much like my 3 year old does now, and exactly like my 9 year old did back then (she lost her blonde curls and now has dark brown hair).

I read in another thread that it was possible that Anna may have been dressed as a boy while being moved. I think that is certainly a possibility. I have 4 kids, two girls and two boys, they are all carbon copies of each other, in fact, all 4 resemble Anna which I think is why this case has shaken me so badly. If I shaved my girls head, they would look exactly like their brothers, if I put a wig on my boys, they'd make perfect girls.

I hope so badly that there is a break in this case soon. I know I won't stop thinking about this case any time soon.
    Hi MLO!

I know, Anna is captivating! We love her so much. You weren't by chance adopted were you? LOL I say that due to all your children looking so much like Anna!

take care,
    Sk
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SideKick For This Useful Post:

LOL, no, not adopted. I did run through it in my head though! I'm too young, plus I look nothing like Anna. I'm a red head, my children seem to have only gotten genes from my husband.

I have to say, this is one of the only abduction cases I've seen where I've truly believed that the child is alive and well. All of the others feel a lot like wishful thinking, but not this case.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MLO For This Useful Post:

LOL, no, not adopted. I did run through it in my head though! I'm too young, plus I look nothing like Anna. I'm a red head, my children seem to have only gotten genes from my husband.

I have to say, this is one of the only abduction cases I've seen where I've truly believed that the child is alive and well. All of the others feel a lot like wishful thinking, but not this case.
    Thank you for helping me keep my hopes up, MLO.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:

Thanks MLO :-)
    I too believe.
    www.searchingforanna.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SideKick For This Useful Post:

I really don't know if this applies to me, because Anna is over 30 years older than me, but I remember going to Kindergarten with my favorite Looney Tunes lunchbox, going to the flea market with my grandmother every week, the first time I had to go to preschool, my mom's old car, and picking flowers with neighborhood friends. I wonder if Anna would be able to recall what car that the family owned and old family traditions (like going to the beach, having gatherings etc.) that were in her life when she was 5.

I have been checking in. I haven't posted for a bit, but wanted to add something here.

If you Google things like 'I have no memory before the age of 5' OR 'I have no childhood memories', you come across message board after message board of adults who have very few childhood recollections and sometimes NO childhood recollections.

I think there's something to be said for consistency of experience too. If your life were uprooted at a young age, maybe you wouldn't remember what came before the uprooting because your experience after that point would abruptly stop being consistent, if that makes sense.

Perhaps searching some of these message boards here and abroad?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobbieA For This Useful Post:

I have been lurking here for quite some time and did order and read the book written by Anna's mother. My heart breaks for her knowing that she has waited so long for answers.

I was born in October 1967, so that makes me about 3 weeks younger than Anna. I can very clearly remember that names of my pets, the name of my kindergarden teacher as well as what kind of car she drove. I started taking horseback riding lessons at the age of 3 and can still remember the names of the lesson horses as well as the instructor. I can remember my mom singing "Leavin' on a Jet Plane". I certainly don't think I have any special memory abilities (especially at this age!), but feel that my memories are normal.

I have had discussions with my mother about the things I remember from my childhood and she is sometimes surprised how much I remember and how accurately I remember it. I swear I remember my baby brother coming home from the hospital, although my mother says that can't be true because he is only 2 years younger than me.

After reading almost every page of this thread in the past year, as well as the book, I can't help but feel Anna was kidnapped and that her father and Brody were involved. With as throughly as the area from which she disappeared was searched, and not just once, I have a very hard time believing she was not found if she were there. I also feel that the couple who approached Anna and her brothers before Anna disappeared could have been used by Anna's father to abduct her.

I can only imagine that if you are five years old and thrown into a totally different environment and told to not talk about what you remember or that those memories you have don't exist, you adapt and move on because that is what children do. I often think there are many people in this world who repress things or deny that they have happened because if you "put it out there", it makes it real!

Anna's Mom, please know you are in my prayers. I check here frequently to see if there is any news because Anna is in my thoughts. I don't know if it is because Anna and I are so close in age, but this has struck such a cord with me! I walked away, after reading the book, with the impression that Anna had a beautiful life filled with much love. I can only hope that she had memories of those years that have sustained her all this time!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cutter99 For This Useful Post:

just wanted to say the other day i was at a stop light and my fav country station had commercial brake so i went and put on this other station that plays all kinds of older music 70s and 80s i turn to the station and her comes the sun came on it was also a day where it was not sunny out at all.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to smile22 For This Useful Post:

Memories of Anna and the website

Would it be worthwhile to collect some memories of Anna (from people who knew her well) about some special moments they spent together that she may be able to remember, and add a sort of subsection to Anna's website (the orange official one, I can't remember what it's called right now)? Little things, perhaps a moment she shared with one of her brothers, or a neighbour. Playing a certain game maybe, or if they took her somewhere (for me, an abiding memory is how my brother took me with him to play football with his school friends once when I was very young; nothing very special happened that afternoon, except that I was allowed to tag along, but I still remember it), something like that. Then perhaps if she happens upon the website, she might read these stories and it could help her remember.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Firefly75 For This Useful Post:

I recall vividly my brother taking up to the creek behind our house with his friend to hike a bit and try to catch fish. I was only 4/5 tops. It was such a great little walk up the street and thru the pathway, I felt so special to have gone with him and his friend :-)
    Also, I had a cat and carried him upside down a lot on the same street, I remember that as well.
    www.searchingforanna.com

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SideKick For This Useful Post:

This is the sort of thing I had in mind. Perhaps if Anna read about such a memory, she'd recognize herself in it.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Firefly75 For This Useful Post:

If I were Anna and I was trying to find my bio family and can't, I would start to think out of the box. Chances are that even if she doesn't have early childhood memories, she knows something is off. At the very least, odds are good that she has some idea that she was adopted even if her caregivers never told her about it. If I looked through normal channels but can't find any records, I then would go to a genealogy site and give them my DNA to see what pops up. I haven't read all the threads so perhaps this has been done already, but if not, I would urge Anna's family to submit their DNA to a non-law enforcement site. I have not kept up with the Paul Fronczak case, but I do know that he found a distant cousin by submitting DNA to ancestory.com.

If I am repeating something that has already been discussed, I apologize. I wish Anna and her family love and good wishes for the holidays and New Year.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ellemo For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123