Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidebar Discussion #5

Hybrid View

Sidebar Discussion #5

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeYTBvanFmE&feature=related"]THE MOST RELAXING MUSIC IMAGINABLE - YouTube[/ame]

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_srMZ9CMGQJ...our+Drinks.jpg

http://www.outwittingwormwood.com/wp...amaraderie.png

http://blog.foodscrooge.com/wp-conte...-in-Madrid.jpg

Sit back and enjoy the music, the drinks, the food, the interesting discussion, and the camaraderie...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    As always Harmony - thanks for the spread - magnificent and just what I'm in the mood for......
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Yippieeeee! New wall Paper! Ty Harmony!
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Just wanted to share. Went to a nice dinner party last night and the sister of the host was from out of town, she is from Palm City, Florida. So of course I could not pass up the chance to get an opinion of a "local" about all the Casey Anthony news going on in Palm City. Well I will just quote her " Everyone in Palm City is very upset and we want that piece of trash out of Palm City". She (the sister) said their has been reported sightings of FCA in the grocery store by a friends mother, they live about 5 minutes from the church and this person felt confident that it was FCA.

I ask her to keep me updated and to try to get a picture if there are any more grocery store sightings.

Enjoyed talking to someone close to the situation.
    Last edited by ndrew; 01-21-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew View Post
    Just wanted to share. Went to a nice dinner party last night and the sister of the host was from out of town, she is from Palm City, Florida. So of course I could not pass up the chance to get an opinion of a "local" about all the Casey Anthony news going on in Palm City. Well I will just quote her " Everyone in Palm City is very upset and we want that piece of trash out of Palm City". She (the sister) said their has been reported sightings of FCA in the grocery store by a friends mother, they live about 5 minutes from the church and this person felt confident that it was FCA.

I ask her to keep me updated and to try to get a picture if there are any more grocery store sightings.

Enjoyed talking to someone close to the situation.
    Verrrry Interesting ndrew and thanks for posting the of the sister of the host. Good to hear what the locals think!

7. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Intersting, she is obviously not afraid as she should be. Was she alone if in fact it was her?

9. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Awesome new room Harmony. You did a great job and thank you.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

O/T but I am confused about something. This is about Florida courts and jury verdicts.

I just watched "Too Young to Kill" on E! and here was a case about two young Florida boys who were found Guilty of Second Degree Murder in the death of their father. But the judge threw out that verdict and changed it to Guilty of 3rd Degree Murder, paving the way for a much lighter sentence.

I have no problem with this having been done in that case, but I wonder how a judge can do that. I thought jury verdicts were sacred and could not be touched unless overturned by an appeals court.

Just venting, I suppose, because I have been hearing that jury verdicts are always final....except when they are not. KWIM?

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    O/T but I am confused about something. This is about Florida courts and jury verdicts.

I just watched "Too Young to Kill" on E! and here was a case about two young Florida boys who were found Guilty of Second Degree Murder in the death of their father. But the judge threw out that verdict and changed it to Guilty of 3rd Degree Murder, paving the way for a much lighter sentence.

I have no problem with this having been done in that case, but I wonder how a judge can do that. I thought jury verdicts were sacred and could not be touched unless overturned by an appeals court.

Just venting, I suppose, because I have been hearing that jury verdicts are always final....except when they are not. KWIM?
    Mitigating circumstances probably, but I am just guessing. Remember the case of the 18 year old Nanny / Au Pair in Boston? (back in the 90's)) She was accused of shaking the baby to the point where he he had a brain bleed and died. Both of the baby's parents were Medical Doctors. Her defense argued that it was an old injury that caused the brain bleed.

The jury found her guilty and the judge THREW IT OUT and she was set free. I was stunned.

Judges truly do have an awesome amount of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    Mitigating circumstances probably, but I am just guessing. Remember the case of the 18 year old Nanny / Au Pair in Boston? (back in the 90's)) She was accused of shaking the baby to the point where he he had a brain bleed and died. Both of the baby's parents were Medical Doctors. Her defense argued that it was an old injury that caused the brain bleed.

The jury found her guilty and the judge THREW IT OUT and she was set free. I was stunned.

Judges truly do have an awesome amount of power.
    I remember that case. I too was stunned. I had no idea a judge could just throw out a jury verdict, just because they didn't agree with it.

I just found it interesting that apparently a jury's verdict is not necessarily final and that judges have actuallly challenged them.

And with that I will zip my lip.

"Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day" is trending on Twitter and it made me think of those poor squirrels Casey tried to frame.
    Justice for Trayvon

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    "Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day" is trending on Twitter and it made me think of those poor squirrels Casey tried to frame.
    LOL - Oh Goody - can't wait for the local news tonight and their new section called "What's Trending"....happy squirrel day eh?

Hope I don't miss that one...

Edited to add I am mocking our TV station not your Squirrel Appreciation comment...
    Last edited by logicalgirl; 01-21-2012 at 09:06 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Hope one of the Lawyers swings by. Now i was always under the impression that a Judge could overturn a Jury Verdict "if" it was for a "Not Guilty" A Judge could not overturn to "Guilty" ????
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Hope one of the Lawyers swings by. Now i was always under the impression that a Judge could overturn a Jury Verdict "if" it was for a "Not Guilty" A Judge could not overturn to "Guilty" ????
    And off you go to post that question in the Legal Thread!

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

That is probably accurate. However, it seems sort of hinky to me that the verdict can just be cast aside in any case just because the judge sees things differently.

IDK. I used to respect our justice system but I don't anymore. Not just because of Caylee. I have been suspcious of the system for some time now; Caylee's injustice just helped cement my suspicion for once and for all.

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

Oh boy, a new thread with lots of food, let me catch up while I eat.....

Sent from my LG Esteem, using Tapatalk.
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lisalei321 For This Useful Post:

Her name was Louise Woodward. I'll never forget it. If you google it- it is all there.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Spice For This Useful Post:

Sorry...deleted
    Last edited by What'sThatClue; 01-21-2012 at 09:08 PM.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to What'sThatClue For This Useful Post:

I believe it. Its taken MSM days to catch up to the chatter on the interwebz. Although, I don't think we can reference tweets that are not MSM. If I were you, I would delete the post. Just a friendly nudge.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spice For This Useful Post:

Atthelake....I cant deal. That is all I have to say and I will shut my mouth.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spice For This Useful Post:

atthelake is online now Walking on ice these days, glad it's a thick glacier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    Atthelake....I cant deal. That is all I have to say and I will shut my mouth.
    Spice - I'm not sure if I have upset you - so my post has been removed. Please note that my intention was not to point at anyone here - and the comment was directed at stuff from yesterday as to kidding around re who was taking care of FCA and only that.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    Spice - I'm not sure if I have upset you - so my post has been removed. Please note that my intention was not to point at anyone here - and the comment was directed at stuff from yesterday as to kidding around re who was taking care of FCA and only that.
    No No NO! I'm so sorry for the confusion. I was being totally sarcastic and incredulous regarding your the opinion of the people in your post. Not you! We are good my friend.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spice For This Useful Post:

I have to find some humor in all this to keep sane It just crossed my mind. FCA only has to answer 2 questions as her Appeal is protecting her right now. The Appeal is regarding "Lying" So what does she do she "Lies" Oh gawd
    Keep calm and carry on

I have to find some humor in all this to keep sane It just crossed my mind. FCA only has to answer 2 questions as her Appeal is protecting her right now. The Appeal is regarding "Lying" So what does she do she "Lies" Oh gawd
    The Scorpion and the Frog - Aesop

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BigFatMommyDog For This Useful Post:

Agree. The Peterson Jurors did their job. Kudos to them. And on much less evidence in my opinion.
    Keep calm and carry on

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast