Page 31 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    You find the places to cut and I'm with you. In California you'll have a fight on your hand. I'd have to look it up, but small business employes something like 60% of all employees in the US. Another thing you have to consider is the cost of training a replacement worker. And if you don't hire a replacement worker, your customer service can suffer which can cause you to loose business. All things that should be considered.
    I thought Wal-Mart was the largest employer in the US? And we know that everywhere they go (especially more rural areas) the small businesses end up shuttering. I am not a fan of burdening small business or the middle class. I am for the little guy all the way.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spice For This Useful Post:

Good grief. I'm glad I used nicotine patches instead of Chantix. Smoke free for two years now. Yay!
    -------------
    Hi Ranch, I quit cold turkey (ever see that movie? hilarious) I had bronchitis work up and could breathe in but not out! I yelled to my husband to bring my rescue inhaler, just got it from the Dr.. it opened my airways. I never smoked again.Scared the ch*t out of me. I was going numb up my arms etc.. That was 9 years ago. Thank God I ouit before emphasyma..now smoke bothers me. I am still on nebulizer treatments.. Everyone hang in there. Get a pacifier for your mouth,ask your Dr. for Nicotrol. it works.
    My Great Grandson~

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    Anyone know how much it cost the county just to house, feed, protect, transport, and entertain the 16 "jurors" for months?
    FAR more than they're worth. IMO.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SindyBill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SindyBill View Post
    FAR more than they're worth. IMO.
    Best answer yet!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bayouland View Post

Have a drink my friends. It's five o'clock somewhere. Scotch anyone?
    WOW!!! Just getting home from the movie - one of those where they actually do drinks IN the movie and didn't drink it. But heck - now that I'm home and don't have to drive (or worry about Chantix moments)........ I'll have a vodka tonic while reading the threads, thank you!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    I have BOXES of Chantix that I am afraid to take because of stories like this!!! I used to take Ambien until I did some stuff on my computer like uploading pics to facebook that I TOTALLY did not remember until days later when I saw them on my desktop......
    I have a fear of driving down the road nekked ... so I'm skeered to take the Chantix....

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Good for you
    Ranch, if I had a wish to change anything, it would be that I was not a smoker, os for you

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Thanks Bravo. My Dad died of COPD and never did quite smoking. Its tough to watch someone you love struggling to get air even when their on oxygen. After I saw that, I had to quite smoking.
    Durn - shall I have WS as my support group to quit???????

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Omg Bravo! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I have taken it twice. The second time, I quit for 4 months but have recently started again. When I think about it, I could cry.

I won't go back on chantix though. I had to stop it about two months in because I started to get mean, impatient, and felt aggressive. Don't feel bad, my DR told me that most people just can't tolerate it. It's brain medicine and blocks the "happy receptors" which is why some people get depressed and suicidal. My reaction wasn't as severe as yours but I really didn't like how it was changing my personality. I was feeling a little psycho. lol!

I also had a dream of what looked like a demon flying in my face and I woke up screaming and I know had a least one hallucination. I was home alone sitting on my couch and someone whispered "Hey!" in my ear really loudly. I of course, jumped and started looking for the person that was talking to me. LMAO! I must have looked totally crazy.

I think I'll try the patch again, although I HATED the dreams and insomnia it gave me.
    I am with ya, Chantix did very wierd stuff to me...........lasting after I quit it..but durn, still smoiking.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    -------------
    Hi Ranch, I quit cold turkey (ever see that movie? hilarious) I had bronchitis work up and could breathe in but not out! I yelled to my husband to bring my rescue inhaler, just got it from the Dr.. it opened my airways. I never smoked again.Scared the ch*t out of me. I was going numb up my arms etc.. That was 9 years ago. Thank God I ouit before emphasyma..now smoke bothers me. I am still on nebulizer treatments.. Everyone hang in there. Get a pacifier for your mouth,ask your Dr. for Nicotrol. it works.
    Hmmmmm, pacifier? Huh? I'm past you in the "disease" of us smokers unfortunately, so wondering.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cecybeans View Post
    I have the dough recipe from the person who started the Chicago deep dish fad. One of the reasons it tastes so good is that corn meal is mixed in. Gives it real flavor. These kinds of discussions are why I cannot read here during the dinner hour. I could short my keyboard with all the salivating.

omg. I can't stand it! Notice my avatar? Taylor Street, circa 1959.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    WOW!!! Just getting home from the movie - one of those where they actually do drinks IN the movie and didn't drink it. But heck - now that I'm home and don't have to drive (or worry about Chantix moments)........ I'll have a vodka tonic while reading the threads, thank you!
    During the Thanksgiving Holiday, I was staying in Wesley Chapel, Florida (skipping Thanksgiving with my entire family to spend 4 days at Busch Gardens) and my 17-year-old niece is a huge Twi-Hard (I admit, I am Team Edward) and we promised to take her to the new Breaking Dawn while we were up there. So of course, we went to see it and used our GPS to find a movie theater. It was HUGE and lovely inside. I'd never seen a theater with a second floor, so I asked the employee jokingly of course: "What's up there? A bar?" and they answered "Yes!" I was like "With alcohol??" My sister ran so fast up those stairs and left my niece and her boyfriend downstairs until the movie started.

I would almost be tempted to drive the 2 hours there just to watch a movie again! Best Movie Theater Ever! They don't have that here in Fort Myers.
    Justice for Trayvon

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    Durn - shall I have WS as my support group to quit???????
    I'm a smoker too. I'm honest with myself and have no plans to quit anytime soon.
    Justice for Trayvon

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

I thought Wal-Mart was the largest employer in the US? And we know that everywhere they go (especially more rural areas) the small businesses end up shuttering. I am not a fan of burdening small business or the middle class. I am for the little guy all the way.
    Walmart may be the largest employer in the US but they don't employe the majority of Americans. My concern is with small business's that I've worked for that had less than 10 people running the place. In order to train a replacement to to a good job would take months. So lets say once a year you have someone go on jury duty. If you have to pay this person their much more likely to serve. So that means you have to have a trained replacement waiting to cover for the person on jury duty. In reality you would have to have an extra employee to cover just jury duty. Or you could forgo the extra employee and let your customer service decline while this employee is on jury duty.

Perhaps a professional paid jury system would be a better idea. Then again where would the money come from? Maybe from tax's on the large company's that do pay their employees for jury duty? Instead of them paying their employee's to sit on their butt's in the jury lounge waiting to be called, they can send that money to the state for professional juror's. Well, it's a thought anyway.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I'm a smoker too. I'm honest with myself and have no plans to quit anytime soon.
    I think that you have to really want to quit for it to happen. My Dad never did, even when he knew it was going to be the end for him. He told me that he enjoyed smoking and that he wasn't going to quit. And I could understand his feelings because I was smoking along with him. But watching him die changed things for me. All I know is that I wish he did quit so that the family would have had him around longer.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

Page 31 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast