Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeYTBvanFmE&feature=related"]THE MOST RELAXING MUSIC IMAGINABLE - YouTube[/ame]

Happy+Hour+Drinks.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_srMZ9CMGQ...AAB_g/QHlAMGJuDNI/s1600/Happy+Hour+Drinks.jpg

camaraderie.png

http://www.outwittingwormwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/camaraderie.png

Tapas-in-Madrid.jpg

http://blog.foodscrooge.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Tapas-in-Madrid.jpg

Sit back and enjoy the music, the drinks, the food, the interesting discussion, and the camaraderie...

Yippieeeee! New wall Paper! Ty Harmony! :)

Just wanted to share. Went to a nice dinner party last night and the sister of the host was from out of town, she is from Palm City, Florida. So of course I could not pass up the chance to get an opinion of a "local" about all the Casey Anthony news going on in Palm City. Well I will just quote her " Everyone in Palm City is very upset and we want that piece of trash out of Palm City". She (the sister) said their has been reported sightings of FCA in the grocery store by a friends mother, they live about 5 minutes from the church and this person felt confident that it was FCA.

I ask her to keep me updated and to try to get a picture if there are any more grocery store sightings.

Enjoyed talking to someone close to the situation.

Intersting, she is obviously not afraid as she should be. Was she alone if in fact it was her?

Awesome new room Harmony. You did a great job and thank you.

Just wanted to share. Went to a nice dinner party last night and the sister of the host was from out of town, she is from Palm City, Florida. So of course I could not pass up the chance to get an opinion of a "local" about all the Casey Anthony news going on in Palm City. Well I will just quote her " Everyone in Palm City is very upset and we want that piece of trash out of Palm City". She (the sister) said their has been reported sightings of FCA in the grocery store by a friends mother, they live about 5 minutes from the church and this person felt confident that it was FCA.

I ask her to keep me updated and to try to get a picture if there are any more grocery store sightings.

Enjoyed talking to someone close to the situation.

Verrrry Interesting ndrew and thanks for posting the :twocents: of the sister of the host. Good to hear what the locals think!:seeya:

O/T but I am confused about something. This is about Florida courts and jury verdicts.

I just watched "Too Young to Kill" on E! and here was a case about two young Florida boys who were found Guilty of Second Degree Murder in the death of their father. But the judge threw out that verdict and changed it to Guilty of 3rd Degree Murder, paving the way for a much lighter sentence.

I have no problem with this having been done in that case, but I wonder how a judge can do that. I thought jury verdicts were sacred and could not be touched unless overturned by an appeals court.

Just venting, I suppose, because I have been hearing that jury verdicts are always final....except when they are not. KWIM?

O/T but I am confused about something. This is about Florida courts and jury verdicts.

I just watched "Too Young to Kill" on E! and here was a case about two young Florida boys who were found Guilty of Second Degree Murder in the death of their father. But the judge threw out that verdict and changed it to Guilty of 3rd Degree Murder, paving the way for a much lighter sentence.

I have no problem with this having been done in that case, but I wonder how a judge can do that. I thought jury verdicts were sacred and could not be touched unless overturned by an appeals court.

Just venting, I suppose, because I have been hearing that jury verdicts are always final....except when they are not. KWIM?

Mitigating circumstances probably, but I am just guessing. Remember the case of the 18 year old Nanny / Au Pair in Boston? (back in the 90's)) She was accused of shaking the baby to the point where he he had a brain bleed and died. Both of the baby's parents were Medical Doctors. Her defense argued that it was an old injury that caused the brain bleed.

The jury found her guilty and the judge THREW IT OUT and she was set free. I was stunned.

Judges truly do have an awesome amount of power.

Mitigating circumstances probably, but I am just guessing. Remember the case of the 18 year old Nanny / Au Pair in Boston? (back in the 90's)) She was accused of shaking the baby to the point where he he had a brain bleed and died. Both of the baby's parents were Medical Doctors. Her defense argued that it was an old injury that caused the brain bleed.

The jury found her guilty and the judge THREW IT OUT and she was set free. I was stunned.

Judges truly do have an awesome amount of power.

I remember that case. I too was stunned. I had no idea a judge could just throw out a jury verdict, just because they didn't agree with it.

I just found it interesting that apparently a jury's verdict is not necessarily final and that judges have actuallly challenged them.

And with that I will zip my lip.

Oh boy, a new thread with lots of food, let me catch up while I eat.....

Sent from my LG Esteem, using Tapatalk.

"Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day" is trending on Twitter and it made me think of those poor squirrels Casey tried to frame.

Hope one of the Lawyers swings by. Now i was always under the impression that a Judge could overturn a Jury Verdict "if" it was for a "Not Guilty" A Judge could not overturn to "Guilty" ????

Her name was Louise Woodward. I'll never forget it. If you google it- it is all there.

Hope one of the Lawyers swings by. Now i was always under the impression that a Judge could overturn a Jury Verdict "if" it was for a "Not Guilty" A Judge could not overturn to "Guilty" ????

And off you go to post that question in the Legal Thread!:seeya:

That is probably accurate. However, it seems sort of hinky to me that the verdict can just be cast aside in any case just because the judge sees things differently.

IDK. I used to respect our justice system but I don't anymore. Not just because of Caylee. I have been suspcious of the system for some time now; Caylee's injustice just helped cement my suspicion for once and for all.

I believe it. Its taken MSM days to catch up to the chatter on the interwebz. Although, I don't think we can reference tweets that are not MSM. If I were you, I would delete the post. Just a friendly nudge. :smile:

"Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day" is trending on Twitter and it made me think of those poor squirrels Casey tried to frame.

LOL - Oh Goody - can't wait for the local news tonight and their new section called "What's Trending"....happy squirrel day eh?

Hope I don't miss that one...:innocent:

Edited to add I am mocking our TV station not your Squirrel Appreciation comment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member