Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouland View Post
    You are very welcome! Let me know if you ever head this way!!
    I will! My parents live just across the lake. I was actually born in New Orleans. If I had more money, I'd be down there a lot more!!!! I usually make in at least one a year, so hopefully sometime this year I'll get back there again!!!! New Orleans is always in my heart. I always say, you can take the girl out of New Orleans, but you can't take New Orleans out of the girl!!!! I hope my parents go to Jazzfest this year. I love it when they send me a t-shirt! And they are sending a kingcake for my husband's birthday! I can't wait for that!!!!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Well, the humidity is bad.......but the good news.....the temperature here today is 77 degrees.

Love the food, music, the people and the food and the food

And the Saints!!!! Who Dat
    We're having the same weather here....windows open, fresh air...nice!

New Orleans has the BEST food ANYWHERE, and I love good food! Salivating just thinking about it...

Drew Brees...w00t! I'm a Patriots fan, by association ...my husband's a Yankee from Beantown, so we'll have to see if Tom Brady has the right stuff today.

And if I had to choose between cod fish and baked beans...and beignets and chicory coffee, welllllll...no contest, baby!
    Caylee Marie Anthony Travis Alexander: Never forgotten

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

I thought that some locals were going to church this morning-waiting to hear their reports on the potential sanctuary for FCA

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to smeck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I will! My parents live just across the lake. I was actually born in New Orleans. If I had more money, I'd be down there a lot more!!!! I usually make in at least one a year, so hopefully sometime this year I'll get back there again!!!! New Orleans is always in my heart. I always say, you can take the girl out of New Orleans, but you can't take New Orleans out of the girl!!!! I hope my parents go to Jazzfest this year. I love it when they send me a t-shirt! And they are sending a kingcake for my husband's birthday! I can't wait for that!!!!
    Look familiar?

https://www.randazzokingcake.com/

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

Hmm. Let's see if anyone knows this, I certainly don't but you're all smart and I'm dumb, so just thought it would be interesting to see. Of any criminal cases where the defendant was found not guilty, how many of them were then found guilty in the civil cases that followed? I know OJ, but any other statistics?

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gnatcatcher For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jane the dood View Post
    We're having the same weather here....windows open, fresh air...nice!

New Orleans has the BEST food ANYWHERE, and I love good food! Salivating just thinking about it...

Drew Brees...w00t! I'm a Patriots fan, by association ...my husband's a Yankee from Beantown, so we'll have to see if Tom Brady has the right stuff today.

And if I had to choose between cod fish and baked beans...and beignets and chicory coffee, welllllll...no contest, baby!
    I have the A/C on!

I'm pulling for the Giants (NFC) and the Patriots. We love Breezus the most - but Peyton and Eli are our native sons too.

Game in 1.5 hours!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    Hmm. Let's see if anyone knows this, I certainly don't but you're all smart and I'm dumb, so just thought it would be interesting to see. Of any criminal cases where the defendant was found not guilty, how many of them were then found guilty in the civil cases that followed? I know OJ, but any other statistics?
    You are not dumb. You found the motion for AZ the other day. I remember!
    If we answer correctly do we get a prize? <just kidding>

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

You are not dumb. You found the motion for AZ the other day. I remember!
    If we answer correctly do we get a prize? <just kidding>
    sweet! Thanks! Sure you get a prize, actually I have two codes, each worth $10 to LiveNation.com, for use to buy concert tickets or t-shirts or whatever, I won them in a sweepstakes but I'll never use them. Who wants 'em?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gnatcatcher For This Useful Post:

I have only visited New Orleans once and loved Cafe du Monde... Loved the entertaining mimes and all the street acts..

I have never tasted a King Cake, Bayou. It looks yummie!! What does it taste like?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    I have only visited New Orleans once and loved Cafe du Monde... Loved the entertaining mimes and all the street acts..

I have never tasted a King Cake, Bayou. It looks yummie!! What does it taste like?
    The king cake is a large cinnamon type roll with colored sugar on top. You can get them plain or with different fillings (like bavarian cream, strawberry, etc.)

And, they have a tiny plastic baby hid inside. Whoever gets the piece with the baby buys the next king cake (and has good luck).

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    sweet! Thanks! Sure you get a prize, actually I have two codes, each worth $10 to LiveNation.com, for use to buy concert tickets or t-shirts or whatever, I won them in a sweepstakes but I'll never use them. Who wants 'em?
    I wonder if they work for the Biloxi Blues Fest......
    Checking it out.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

I wonder if they work for the Biloxi Blues Fest......
    Checking it out.
    Biloxi Blues is one of my favorite movies.

"No, I think you're funny, Wykowski; you forgot to eat your aluminum tray! "

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gnatcatcher For This Useful Post:

Today's sermon:
    Preaching Roms 5:1-11 "Jesus is a Far Greater Savior Than We Are Sinners." Please join us in exalting the Lord!

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pattymarie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    Today's sermon:
    Preaching Roms 5:1-11 "Jesus is a Far Greater Savior Than We Are Sinners." Please join us in exalting the Lord!
    Since there are trespassing signs on the property, I am wondering if the Pastor let visitors/newcomers in the service. If not than how is he going to preach the gospel to other lost sinners. If he denies entry to others than I will have to say he has an agenda. Not trying to put him down because I really do not know if he has motives or just a sincere concern. I have heard he got a good donation that was anonymous but that does not mean much to me. Also wondering if any of the media would try to show up Sunday worship there to try to get a story. I have a feeling they won't/did not.
    Anyway if she is still there I hope he is a fervent prayer. He will need lots of help.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    C.S. Lewis

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ricki For This Useful Post:

Well, the humidity is bad.......but the good news.....the temperature here today is 77 degrees.

Love the food, music, the people and the food and the food

And the Saints!!!! Who Dat
    We are neighbors I'm about an hour away from you. Will be warm and humid over here in Biloxi, too...yesterday was gorgeous! And a BIG Who Dat right back at ya. The game broke my heart last week, but I love our boys in black and gold!
    My two best friends.

"A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babycat For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast