ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
FACTS v. RUMOR thread: MD Robyn Gardner FACTS vs. RUMORS, List Only, NO DISCCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Media, timeline, photo thread: MD ARUBA - MD - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing, 2 Aug 2011 *Media Links Only* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please continue here.

Please continue here.

Please review the rules of our forum before posting: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victim Friendly - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Robyn-Gardner-01_540x405.jpg

35-year-old Robyn Gardner disappeared while on vacation in Aruba on August 2, 2011. Her traveling companion and suspect in the case, Gary Giordano, says she was swept away while they were snorkeling.

Previous Threads:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

i had an "epiphany" last night about our discussion re: whether ALE were really taking this case seriously or if they just wanted to get rid of GG for "other reasons"... and as much as i once took the side of the latter, i've had a change of heart. i think if ALE had truly wanted this to just go away (for tourism, for the economy etc) they would've said they believed GG from the get go, classified it as an accidental drowning and told him to go home... for them to say -and continue to say- they don't believe him and to also hold him for as long as they did tells me they are taking this seriously... does this make any sense?

i also thought of a list of things we can sleuth about GG -the prime suspect- in 2012:

-- is he working?
-- how does he spend his free time?
-- is he still trying to call about the insurance $?
-- is he paying child support as ordered?
-- how are his relationships with his sons?
-- does he have a new girlfriend? is he even dating?
-- is he doing ANYTHING re: robyn or has he "forgotten" about her?

i don't know if it's even possible to find out the answers to any of these questions but i thought i'd throw it all out there for anyone who's interested to ponder/sleuth...

i had an "epiphany" last night about our discussion re: whether ALE were really taking this case seriously or if they just wanted to get rid of GG for "other reasons"... and as much as i once took the side of the latter, i've had a change of heart. i think if ALE had truly wanted this to just go away (for tourism, for the economy etc) they would've said they believed GG from the get go, classified it as an accidental drowning and told him to go home... for them to say -and continue to say- they don't believe him and to also hold him for as long as they did tells me they are taking this seriously... does this make any sense?

Let me be the first to agree with you, but then, I have always thought they were taking this case seriously.....and yes, your post makes perfect sense.

I agree. I think it just boils down to Aruba requiring more evidence, whereas if this happened in the US, he'd probably have been charged with all the circumstantial evidence.

I agree. I think it just boils down to Aruba requiring more evidence, whereas if this happened in the US, he'd probably have been charged with all the circumstantial evidence.

It still is an open case for both US and Aruba. If some of her remains shows up on a beach in the opposite direction of where the currents go it may be a whole different ballgame for him. jmo

It still is an open case for both US and Aruba. If some of her remains shows up on a beach in the opposite direction of where the currents go it may be a whole different ballgame for him. jmo

That is what this whole case rests on Lambchop, finding Robyn either alive or otherwise.. I do not buy into the kidnapped or trafficked idea, its either in or around the coast of Aruba for me.JMO:twocents:

That is what this whole case rests on Lambchop, finding Robyn either alive or otherwise.. I do not buy into the kidnapped or trafficked idea, its either in or around the coast of Aruba for me.JMO:twocents:

To be honest, that may have been what the Arubans were waiting for. She was not suppose to be that far out so her body should have come back to shore. If she went in on the eastern coast it may take awhile. You would be amazed at what you find on those small beach areas along the eastern coast. All kinds of things wash ashore, well they have in the past. Lately it has been pretty clean back there whether it is cleaned up on a regular basis or they're just careful what is dumped out in the ocean, not sure but it is better. jmo

I don't think they can classify it as an accidental drowning without her body, IMO. Look how long it has taken to declare NH dead.

There are no witnesses to seeing them go in the water that afternoon - and no evidence Robyn went snorkeling (gear floating around, receipts for snorkeling gear, etc.).

I totally agree they are taking it seriously, they just want to take it seriously from afar :crazy:

I find it puzzling that in the reenactment, the guy playing GG is bald. These reenactments are common in the Netherlands, FWIU- there was one done in the Holloway case is well, IIRC....and they are based on witness statements - in RG's case, based mostly on GG's statements. So why was the guy portraying GG bald? The woman posing as Robyn had long blonde hair - obviously they wanted to maintain integrity in the depiction.

I'm wondering if there is a witness somewhere that saw a bald man in a car like the rented on, maybe on the other side of the island, during that time period.

How convenient to keep from being recognized?

BBM - I still have hope that forensic analysis of GG's and RG's electronics, both in Aruba and the US, produces enough incriminating evidence to eventually charge him (I included RG's because I'm convinced that GG was using them - phone and/or Ipad after her disappearance). You have to be trying awfully hard to hide something to warrant a complete wipe of your hard drives. I don't think it's something an innocent person would do.

What really bothers me about all this, given GG's history, is that he probably thinks he's Teflon, since he's done a lot of despicable things in the past and apparently has never really been punished for any of them. That's got to be fueling his sociopathic tendencies.

What really bothers me about all this, given GG's history, is that he probably thinks he's Teflon, since he's done a lot of despicable things in the past and apparently has never really been punished for any of them. That's got to be fueling his sociopathic tendencies.

I guess the more and more any criminal gets away with things,it gives them more and more confidence go on and commit other crimes, but sooner or later that over confidence turns into a feeling of being uncatchable? if thats a word or untouchable, and then they mess up eventually and come unstuck!!

I find it puzzling that in the reenactment, the guy playing GG is bald. These reenactments are common in the Netherlands, FWIU- there was one done in the Holloway case is well, IIRC....and they are based on witness statements - in RG's case, based mostly on GG's statements. So why was the guy portraying GG bald? The woman posing as Robyn had long blonde hair - obviously they wanted to maintain integrity in the depiction.

I'm wondering if there is a witness somewhere that saw a bald man in a car like the rented on, maybe on the other side of the island, during that time period.

How convenient to keep from being recognized?

Well, GG is bald. He wears a toupee, and there was at least one pic of him without his toupee. So maybe they were just playing it like it is. Or, maybe they were poking at GG a little, eh? :)

Well, GG is bald. He wears a toupee, and there was at least one pic of him without his toupee. So maybe they were just playing it like it is. Or, maybe they were poking at GG a little, eh? :)

Well, LE did say they had trouble picking him out on those videos (they must have quite a few from the hotel) because he kept changing his toupe which changed how he looked. Did someone say he had three different ones? I thought I read that somewhere. jmo

i also thought of a list of things we can sleuth about GG -the prime suspect- in 2012:

-- is he working?
-- how does he spend his free time?
-- is he still trying to call about the insurance $?
-- is he paying child support as ordered?
-- how are his relationships with his sons?
-- does he have a new girlfriend? is he even dating?
-- is he doing ANYTHING re: robyn or has he "forgotten" about her?

i don't know if it's even possible to find out the answers to any of these questions but i thought i'd throw it all out there for anyone who's interested to ponder/sleuth...

Is he working - I did some research on his website a while back - not sure what he does - but he's had a few websites in the past few years.

Great questions....

Or, it could be a way to trigger someone's memory who may have been thinking bad rug guy when asked if they saw anything that evening. I don't know that they would use a police reenactment to poke him, but the LE in Aruba are not really the norm :)

I guess the more and more any criminal gets away with things,it gives them more and more confidence go on and commit other crimes, but sooner or later that over confidence turns into a feeling of being uncatchable? if thats a word or untouchable, and then they mess up eventually and come unstuck!!

Greed works the same way, imo.

I have not seen this posted here, so I wanted to share the link.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980960517

I have not seen this posted here, so I wanted to share the link.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980960517

I noticed one main thing from this article. The woman's body was RECOVERED.

I wonder why RG's was not recovered if they drowned in 'the same place,' supposedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth