1014 users online (244 members and 770 guests)  

Websleuths News

VA - Glenn Siple, 31, Churchville, 2 Dec 1981

Death has now taken all those who could have told Augusta County investigators the answer to a 30-year mystery: Who killed Glenn Siple Sr. at his family's Churchville gas station? And why?

Siple, a Staunton man, was shot in the head and left to die in 1981.

Sheriff's investigators recently pinned down the identity of the mysterious person seen standing at a gas pump just minutes before the slaying as Joseph Clinton Clark, only to learn Friday that he died of a heart attack in 1998.

Much more about this intriguing case at link.

Upstate NY
    This is a terrific read, intriguing and hair-raising!
    On Thanksgiving Day in 1994 during a domestic dispute, Pugh's wife shot him multiple times in the back, investigators said. She then took a logging chain, tied it around his leg and hitched the heavy chain to a van. The woman dragged Pugh's dead body into one of the bunkers. Following several trips to a local hardware store, where she bought concrete, she eventually entombed the body of her husband.

Fascinating story. Lots of twists and turns. I guess they will never know the answers now, as everyone concerned is dead. But, ya never know what will turn up.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order: