NY - 'Headless Body in Topless Bar' killer seeks parole

Belinda

Doer of Things
Reaction score
By NBCNewYork.com

NEW YORK -- The murderer convicted of killing a bar owner, taking four women hostage and forcing one of them to cut off the dead bar owner’s head during a drug-fueled crime spree three decades ago is seeking parole for a third time.

The New York Post, which dubbed now 53-year-old Charles Dingle the “Headless Body in a Topless Bar” killer after he committed the 1983 spree, reports the felon will ask a three-person parole board to spring him from the upstate Wende Correctional Facility.

(snip)

Dingle robbed some customers and took four women hostage, one of whom he raped, and then forced another one of his hostages to extricate the bullet from Cummings’ skull so his gun couldn't be linked to it. Then he forced the woman to cut off Cummings’ head.

Dingle later released two of the hostages, forcing the other two to ride around with him -- and Cummings’ severed head -- in a stolen cab. Eventually, he pulled over and passed out behind the wheel and the two remaining hostages were able to escape and alert police.

(snip)

Dingle has insisted he was unfairly convicted.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...dless-body-in-topless-bar-killer-seeks-parole

I remember it well. Broke my own rules and bought the POST because it.

I should have saved it.
Another classic - my journalism prof had this one - was the Post's 1977 "Sam Sleeps!" featuring a picture of the just-arrested David "Son of Sam" Berkowitz, um, asleep in his cell.

Here I thought Belinda made that up as her thread header. I didn't mind the quotation marks.

Darn I can't find "Sam Sleeps".

Charles Dingle is one scarry man. Scarry. I guess I don't remember it because I was too young.:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back