Match! Bascovic, Ivo-born 1936, found November 10, 2011 #234

Ivo F. Baskovic had extensive ties to Mass., Ga. and Fla. Reunion.com links him with Sophia Jennings (also linked to David Eugene Jennings) of Vero Beach. IFB had ties to Vero Beach. Intellius links Baskovic to Katrina Baskovic, Ann Baskovic and Tina Ardern. Tina was born in July 1969. She has 11 addresses listed on Zabasearch. One is in Vero Beach. Katrina J. Baskovic was born in September 1976. Zabasearch lists ten addresses for her in Georgia. I would think these individuals would provide the answer.

I suspect that this gentleman was a well-known singer and guitarist, Ivo the International Man of Music. He played at Emat Ethiopian Cafe and Mart on Cheshire Bridge Road in Atlanta. He was born in June 1936. He was quite popular at one time in Austria. In recent years, he did a four month musical tour of Dalmatia (Croatia). See www.myspace.com/ivointernationalmanofmusic. He describes his background, growing up in Croatian during World War II, etc. Very interesting. There are also photographs as well as samples of his music.

Around 2009, Ivo the International Man of Music regularly played at the Saskatoon Restaurant in Atlanta, which is now closed.

Helper-I am completely humbled. TY for your efforts here.

I emailed the ME and pointed them to this thread. I requested more information as well.

Fulton County ME has a medical examiner who posts here on occasion, so perhaps we can get them to participate fully in this forum.

As soon as I receive additional info, I will post it.

Excellent. Apparently Ivo's performances at the Ethiopian restaurant were around 2008. The Saskatoon gigs were in '09, I believe. Very interesting man, from what he wrote on his Myspace profile. Beautiful singer also. I hope they can find his family.

Mr. Baskovic died of natural causes after a brief inpatient stay at a local hospital. Following his death we interviewed his current landlord (the only emergency contact he listed was a friend, who was contacted and had no family information), his previous landlord (he documented he had no living family), and performed the same searches you reference above. In addition, we completed an Accurint search for Mr. Baskovic as well as Ann M. Baskovic (she said she was not related to Ivo Baskovic), Katrina Baskovic (said they did not know the decedent), andTina Ardern has not yet responded to efforts to contact her.

A few months before his death Mr. Baskovic was found wandering in Atlanta after returning from a trip to Croatia. A friend helped him obtain first an extended-stay room and then long-term housing. He had an extensive medical history, and in all of his medical records he lists only friends (already contacted) as emergency contacts. He mentioned to only one of those friends that he had an ex-wife and two daughters, although he reportedly did not provide their names or whereabouts.

There are 24 discrete previous addresses for Mr. Baskovic in the US. None of them revealed any viable information regarding family, including several locations that provided government housing assistance and gathered what would otherwise be extensive demographic information.

Mr. Baskovic is associated with two different social security numbers in many records; his original social security number is only different by one digit from the second number found in many of his records. It would seem this was a transposition error.

I would agree that within the information already known the family of Mr. Baskovic lies. Without accusing anyone of anything, I will say that there are times when even though family members are thought to be known and contacted, they decline to acknowledge their tie to a decedent.

The efforts to locate and notify Mr. Baskovic's family are ongoing. We appreciate you all looking at the case and providing your input. Thanks for the help!

Tami Schroder-Sedivy
Senior Investigator
Fulton County Medical Examiners Center
Atlanta, GA 30312

Jeffrey Tinsley is listed as a friend on Ivo's MyLife page

I wanted to ask the investigator if they were aware of Mr. Baskovic's marriage in 2001 to a Sophia Regina Vanwyk. I haven't been able to find any additional information about her.

He also married an Ana Rodic in 1998.

He became a naturalized citizen in Florida in 1974.

I got my information thru ancestry.com. If you got the original certificates, there may be more information.

If you need more ancestry help from me, just let me know!

Hello all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Fulton County ME was successful in locating his family (ex-wife and two daughters). Many thanks to everyone here for their kind efforts.

Warmest regards,

John Ardern

:rose: So happy to see Mr. Bascovic is going home! :)

:praying: Prayers for this family and friends.

Great job!!! I'm so pleased to see such a quick resolution in our new forum! :grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back