704 users online (88 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Same-sex couple challenging Michigan's adoption law

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...enging_mi.html

That picture of the kids, don't they look happy, loved, well-cared for? That is all I want! Before denying loving parents the chance to adopt foster children, how about we enact laws to take kids away from the ones who are abusing/raping/killing their kids??

PS - Do NOT read the comments section on MLive - they are not indicative of the mentality of most of us Michiganders

I agree, that comments section does NOT reflect the views of most of the people I know. But I noticed that a lot of comments on MLive continuously come from the same hate-filled posters. Apparently they have nothing better to do then troll and make inflammtory remarks.
    What I don't understand is how come a same-sex couple can be foster parents, that's fine, but not allowed to adopt?

Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    PS - Do NOT read the comments section on MLive - they are not indicative of the mentality of most of us Michiganders
    Well, of course, as soon as I read that, I had to go and read the comments.

Michiganders need not worry: the negative comments are almost all by the same three or four, rather ill-informed posters.