Need information on a cold case...

Chrissiepoo

Reaction score
Firstly I am not sure if this is the most appropriate spot for this post. I did not see anywhere else that seemed a better choice but feel free to move this if need be.

Secondly, I need help in finding the name of a child that was murdered and presumably is a cold case. These are the details that I have, which are rather vague but are all that I remember as I was a young child at the time it happened.

~ A female child between the ages of 6 - 10
~ Red hair, pale complexion, lots of freckles
~ Found in a wooded area near a ditch in Texas, city unknown
~ Found between 1991 - 1998 (Cannot remember the year it happened)
~ Throat was cut
~ At one point I believe I found her photo online and it was a traditional school photo with a blue background. She was smiling. This might have been the same photo used during news coverage of the story.
~ Her name might be Jessica, Jennifer or a different "J" name

This is NOT Amber Hagerman although the case sounds incredibly similar. I am sorry I do not have more specific information like a city or an exact year but hopefully this will be enough to ring a bell in someone's head. I have looked high and low to find information on her case and at one point I do believe that I found her on a webpage that had a black background, red and yellow text. I thought it might be CrimeShots but I cannot find her on there.

I do hope someone will be able to help.
Thank you in advance.

Opal Jennings?
-6 years old
-Last name starts with a J
-Kidnapped and murdered in Texas
-One of the photos of her is a school photo with a blue background

However, the dates don't exactly fit because she was kidnapped in 1999, and her body was found in 2003. It's also not a cold case. And Opal didn't have red hair.

It probably isn't the case you're thinking of, but it was the first case that popped into my mind even though it doesn't meet all of the criteria. I'll look some more tomorrow.

Firstly I am not sure if this is the most appropriate spot for this post. I did not see anywhere else that seemed a better choice but feel free to move this if need be.

Secondly, I need help in finding the name of a child that was murdered and presumably is a cold case. These are the details that I have, which are rather vague but are all that I remember as I was a young child at the time it happened.

~ A female child between the ages of 6 - 10
~ Red hair, pale complexion, lots of freckles
~ Found in a wooded area near a ditch in Texas, city unknown
~ Found between 1991 - 1998 (Cannot remember the year it happened)
~ Throat was cut
~ At one point I believe I found her photo online and it was a traditional school photo with a blue background. She was smiling. This might have been the same photo used during news coverage of the story.
~ Her name might be Jessica, Jennifer or a different "J" name

This is NOT Amber Hagerman although the case sounds incredibly similar. I am sorry I do not have more specific information like a city or an exact year but hopefully this will be enough to ring a bell in someone's head. I have looked high and low to find information on her case and at one point I do believe that I found her on a webpage that had a black background, red and yellow text. I thought it might be CrimeShots but I cannot find her on there.

I do hope someone will be able to help.
Thank you in advance.

I searched all the places I could find and while I found a couple red haired freckled children, the years were off and no J in name, as well as only one had anything to do with Texas. I will look more tomorrow.....

I searched all the places I could find and while I found a couple red haired freckled children, the years were off and no J in name, as well as only one had anything to do with Texas. I will look more tomorrow.....

This case does not ring any bells with me, but i do not know that many from that time period.

SSA, check your PMS.

I poked around a little bit last night and couldn't come up with anything. Not Laura Smither, is it? I was hoping to come back here this morning and see that somebody had solved Chrissiepoo's mini-mystery! Will keep checking the recesses of my brain and back on this thread!

Nope to Opal Jennings, Erica Shoup or Laura Smither.
Is there anyone else that comes to mind that isn't in Texas?
All these years I've thought it was Texas and I'm pretty sure that it is but I could be wrong.

Nope to Opal Jennings, Erica Shoup or Laura Smither.
Is there anyone else that comes to mind that isn't in Texas?
All these years I've thought it was Texas and I'm pretty sure that it is but I could be wrong.
Was perhaps the attacker linked to Texas and not the child?

Are you sure you're not thinking of Jennifer Schuett? She seems to meet almost all of your criteria, outside of the red hair and the fact that she didn't die.

Definitely not Jennifer Schuett.
I asked my mother if she remembered this little girl and she said that it was definitely in Texas.

Are you talking about Jessica Keen..she was 15 though,but she was the one who ran through the woods and ended up in the cemetery,hiding behind the tombstones from her killer, but this happened in 1991 and in Ohio!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back