Demi Moore Hospitalized For Substance Abuse

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Demi Moore hospitalized for substance abuse: report

"Demi Moore was hospitalized Monday night suffering from substance abuse, according to a new report."

"Paramedics responded to a 911 call placed at 10:45pm PST and after assessing Moore's condition, transported her from her home in Los Angeles to a local hospital."

"She has reportedly been moved to a facility to seek treatment for substance abuse, sources told TMZ."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...ubstance_WhwJTgEZChVpNZDSiaeraI#ixzz1kQiqjbwT

This is so sad. Hope she gets the help she needs.

It's not substance abuse!! It's "exhaustion!" Let's get it right, people!! Don't we all need to be hospitalized for "exhaustion" when life gets rough? Sheesh!

"Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health," a rep for the actress said. (from the link in the first post)

;)

I do pray for her though. It's got to be rough, going through a divorce in the public eye. Seeing your soon-to-be ex-husband galvanting around, partying, while you're suffering from a broken heart.

Nitrous oxide -- are these the people she keeps company with now? Is there a DDS in the house?

Maybe she's trying to hang around and fit in with a younger crowd in some desperate move to recapture that "age doesn't matter" feeling.

I have such a hard time feeling sorry for people in these situations.

I'm glad it was only whip-its and not something more serious. It's possible a combo of whip-its and exhaustion could have caused the collapse. I wish she had more privacy as the press scavenges her bones. She's deserves a better life than what she's had. Wishing her a speedy recovery...

I hope she gets the help she needs. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I hate to see anyone self destructing over a broken heart - no less in the public eye! She's been through a lot in her life, but at the same time - it's time for her to be honest, grow up, and have some self respect and confidence! Put the whippets down, Demi and MOVE ON! You have so much more going for you than Ashton!

I'm glad it was only whip-its and not something more serious. It's possible a combo of whip-its and exhaustion could have caused the collapse. I wish she had more privacy as the press scavenges her bones. She's deserves a better life than what she's had. Wishing her a speedy recovery...
I hear you about the privacy, but at the same time - she puts her personal life out there on a daily basis on twitter. It's hard not to notice her when her she's the one displaying her scantily clad "bones" all over twitter. I have nothing against scantily clad bones, or her putting her personal life out there, but at the same time - if she puts herself out there, people are going to be interested. It's just the world we live in.

I do hope she comes out better on the other side of all this.

I don't understand why people are so hard on her. She has not acted her age for a while,this is true. However she is going through a very public humiliation. It is really easy for us to judge her when we have not experienced her pain.

I feel for her....she is human, after all. Think about it...she's about to turn 50, her husband was cheating on her with someone half her age (ack! the humiliation alone would do me in), very public divorce, broken heart. Adding to the mess, her soon to be ex is partying away in Rio while she's having her own private nervous breakdown. I hope she bounces back soon.

I keep thinking about her girls. And hoping their dad steps up, new marriage and all...

Demi has demons and apparently, very serious familial history of addiction. Perhaps this played a role as stressors in her marriages. It's not hard to feel some compassion for her. And her family and her exes.

The physical change in her over the past year has been alarming. I'm guessing, those who care for her are relieved and grateful she's getting the help she needs.

Demi bugs me, she has bugged me for several years now. She simply does not act like a mature woman, what with twitter pics of her in bathing suits, dirty dancing with snoop dog, etc. I think it's not so much the collapse of her marriage that has gotten to her so much as the fact that she is getting older and she doesn't seem to want to accept that. I think her whole identity is wrapped up in her outer appearance and she is not going to be able to beat father time.

I wish for her kids' sake she would grow up and grow older gracefully. I think what bothers me most of all is the example she is setting for her daughters. I find it disgraceful.

Thank you robinparten! I absolutely agree with you. Yes, her humiliation is public but she's not being portrayed the bad person. Most people are saying poor Demi. Well, poor Demi is rich, she knew she was marrying a man almost as young as her children and that one day she would be too old for him (harsh but true). What about the women (including myself) that are nearing fifty, struggle financially, raised their kids ALONE (Bruce seems to be a good father and ex-husband)? There are many of us that don't resort to drugs, and acting like a rebellious teenager doing drugs.

I wish her well for the sake of her daughters. Grow up Demi.

well said, Lizzybeth! It goes to show you that the old saying is true "you can't buy happiness." With everything Demi has, looks, money, family, none of it has given her an advantage when it comes to being a happy, peaceful person. And like you, for her kids' sake, I hope she can overcome her demons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back