867 users online (150 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Teen father pleads guilty to burning baby

Kendrick Tarver, 17, went before District Judge Campbell Cox to enter a guilty plea for injury to a child on Monday.

"My opinion was it was an accident," said Treanna Carter, the baby's mother. "I mean, that's all I have to say at this point. It was an accident."

"He did not try to hurt his daughter on purpose," said Hattie Franklin, Tarver's mother. "It was an accident. He didn't have any parenting classes and he did not know what he was doing and I just wanted everyone to know that it was an accident and he never been in any trouble."

Child Protective Services reported the injury to the child seemed to be more inexperience and incomprehension than malice.

Okay, any normal person checks the temperature before they get in their own bath or shower. It didn't occur to him to check it for the baby? Oh come on.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:

Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Wow. His family is so busy covering for him that they don't seem to have much empathy for a newborn little girl who suffered second and third degree burns. I hope he NEVER has custody of this child.

Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Okay, any normal person checks the temperature before they get in their own bath or shower. It didn't occur to him to check it for the baby? Oh come on.
    Agreed..no parenting classes said his mother? Who needs a parenting class to know this? I'm sitting on my hands to avoid a long time out.......
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

Around here somewhere
    I didn't read the article through, but was he present at the hospital for the birth and when the baby was released to go home? Because if he was, he didn't need a class. Bathing is one of the things that the nurses cover pre-release. Including testing the water with your wrist....

Good to know he has supporters (insert sarcastic eye roll). Who's there to give support to the baby?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Anyone this dumb should not be allowed to procreate, or do much else, for that matter. I have a feeling it's more than stupidity, there's a lot of anger in him. He's mad that he's 17 and now his entire future has changed. He's mad that he has to take care of an infant!

I loved some of the comments at the link.

26th January 2012:
    A district judge has sentenced a Nacogdoches man to the state prison system's boot camp on a charge that he burned his baby daughter in a bath.

Judge Campbell Cox sentenced Kendrick Tarver to a ten-year prison sentence, probated to shock probation in 150 days. He must also pay a $1,500 fine.