VA - Mother stabs teen daughter in back

People are just going crazy out there. There is so much financial and other pressure on people, they are just cracking. It's very sad.

I live in VA but don't know this woman personally. In my opinion it doesn't look like she "cracked"; it looks like she's on "crack". Not trying to be funny but she definitely appears to suffer from substance abuse.

I hope her daughter is going to be okay and that she find a loving place to live where she can sleep safely.

Drugs could certainly be a major factor. There seems to be rampant drug use these days. Crack in particular seems to make people flip out (or am I confusing that with meth?) Or are they the same thing? I always get it mixed up.

I don't think they're the same. You're right I think it's more likely that IF she's using she's probably using meth. She just has that look in my opinion. I haven't heard anything else on the news about the case but I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I work in the town this happened but fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it I don't know anyone that knows this woman.

I'm getting PTSD just from reading about all these cases.

I imagine the child will have PTSD for the rest of her life.

ptsd from what i wonder? i thought that would infer that she was trying to protect herself from some perceived threat, a sleeping person isnt a threat, and if one is trying to protect their self then why turn the knife on their self? there has got to be a lot more to this story... poor family, something has went terribly wrong...

If you search here for Rhonda Hingerty in Suffolk Circuit Court...
http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.jsp

She pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity in 2013. I'm confused by the data. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity and released? Or has it not gone to trial yet?

I believe the perp is then admitted to a mental hospital or psychiatric unit of some sort. The judge will bring them back in or receive reports of their status on a certain schedule. If the MDs clear the person then the judge can release them. I think it is similar in most states, not all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back