*GRAPHIC*Oh Hannah, Miley Cyrus & Pen*s Cake

IMHO only, of course, she's gross & not a role model to any of our little girls.

Luckily, my 2 preteen girls agree with you krimekat, that she's gross! I didn't click the link but are there actually pictures of this cake??

Seems pretty tame to me for a young woman who wants to live her life like a normal college age girl. She was goofing around with a penis cake...who hasn't?

My 8 year old loved Hannah montana. I thought her lyrics made her a really good role-model for kids.

Now that's she's Miley Cyrus, DD still loves her work- so do I. The girl is talented, in both singing and acting, and DD wants to be like her. That doesn't mean she wants to BE her.

Thankfully I control what DD see's, so she hasn't seen this, and she doesn't see the video clips of her songs unless I deem them appropriate.

If she did see this or other more sexual video clips she would undoubtedly say "That's inappropriate!", and be very disappointed in Miley.

This is DD's fave song atm that she has played a gazillion times. It's from the movie 'The last song' which DD and I both love...This is the Miley that DD looks up to.....not the private-life Miley.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWCPS6CXmt0"]When I Look At You, Miley Cyrus Music Video - THE LAST SONG - Available on DVD & Blu-ray - YouTube[/ame]

My girls used to watch Hannah Montana, thou really just when nothing else was one. The turning point for them was when they discovered the story about her pole dancing and they thought that was just disgusting LOL...

Now that my oldest just turned 13, she saw a picture of Miley's older brother and thinks he's really kool (with all his tattoos)

I think it was foolish of her to let take the pictures of herself licking the cake. The cake itself doesn't bother me so much because that is what guys that age do for joking around on birthdays. My sons friends had a cake from West Hollywood, an embarrassing one, made for his birthday. I thought it was pretty funny. But Miley shouldn't have taken those stupid pictures, imo.

To the teens around here that saw the pics, she was 'dat trick'. Is she another Lindsay Lohan in the making?

Seems pretty tame to me for a young woman who wants to live her life like a normal college age girl. She was goofing around with a penis cake...who hasn't?

Um me. None of my friends ever licked or had a penis cake, either. Just b/c some people like raunchy stuff doesn't mean it's normal or that everyone does.

Hannah Montana ended over a year ago. Disney Channel doesn't even show reruns anymore. She shouldn't have to stay a role model for the rest of her life because of a show that she signed up for when she was 12. And there's a huge difference between partying and becoming Lindsay Lohan, who's been arrested, in jail, rehab, addicted to drugs, etc.

Um me. None of my friends ever licked or had a penis cake, either. Just b/c some people like raunchy stuff doesn't mean it's normal or that everyone does.

I agree. I understand she's 19 and can probably squeek by with trashy behaviour like this - that's not what bothers me. She has a large following of very young girls and she knows it. Either act like an adult for your fan base, or stop catering to them. She shouldn't be able to have it both ways IMHO.

MOO and all that.

Mel

Geez. Daddy must be proud.

Lol! I'm assuming you're being sarcastic. I'm no prude but I have never done anything sexually explicit or sexual in general, in public.

I think the big issue is this is the Facebook generation. They think nothing of putting everything out there for everyone and their mother to see.

My mom told me when I was young, "Don't ever do anything that you cannot erase. Think if you would want a potential employer to see it. If the answer is 'no' then make sure it is not public." She also told me that if I ever posed nude, it would get out somehow, no matter who took the picture. I took that to heart. Kids today either don't understand that the stupid things they do now can haunt them later, or they aren't being taught that.

My 8 year old loved Hannah montana. I thought her lyrics made her a really good role-model for kids.

Now that's she's Miley Cyrus, DD still loves her work- so do I. The girl is talented, in both singing and acting, and DD wants to be like her. That doesn't mean she wants to BE her.

Thankfully I control what DD see's, so she hasn't seen this, and she doesn't see the video clips of her songs unless I deem them appropriate.

If she did see this or other more sexual video clips she would undoubtedly say "That's inappropriate!", and be very disappointed in Miley.

This is DD's fave song atm that she has played a gazillion times. It's from the movie 'The last song' which DD and I both love...This is the Miley that DD looks up to.....not the private-life Miley.

When I Look At You, Miley Cyrus Music Video - THE LAST SONG - Available on DVD & Blu-ray - YouTube

I don't have little girls so I have never been exposed to Miley Cyrus. Know of her dad and he's always seemed like an upright guy. But all I really know about Miley is she had a show for little girls, posed in some questionable photos with her dad and then did a risque dance at some teen show that seemed very inappropriate for a tween role model. So, I never knew she can sing! She actually can! Too bad she's losing focus about what is important and what she should be known for.

I heard she was very spoiled as a child. Maybe that's the issue. If anything goes when you're little, anything goes as an adult.

If I were Miley I'd be wondering why my boyfriend had a penis cake. :dunno:

Young girls should not be using a 19 year old as a role model. She's growing up, acting up and trying to find who she really is. Drew Barrymore did the same thing and she's a completely beautiful adult now.

Have none of you ladies ever been to a Bachelorette Party?! I am a little shocked at the number of people who seem to think this is so awful.

Personally, I think she's a talented idiot. Yes, some of us have been to parties where there are cakes like this and we've done stupid things but we weren't celebrities and we didn't allow people to take pics of us doing it. There are other young ladies that started out at Disney that haven't displayed this type of behavior as they grew older. Selena Gomez comes to mind. Miley is only harming herself.

As far as not being another Lindsay Lohen, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Miley pictured doing drugs at one point?

I'm not a fuddy duddy by any means. I AM a mother to a daughter and luckily she's past the age where she looks to these young female celebrities as role models. My daughter isn't a fuddy duddy either and she turned up her nose at the photos of Miley doing this.

The kid just has no class (but looking at her parents it's understandable).

Have none of you ladies ever been to a Bachelorette Party?! I am a little shocked at the number of people who seem to think this is so awful.

And I'm shocked at people who seem to think it's no big deal.

We have nieces who still love Hannah Montana, the brand. I still remember the squeal of delight of a niece with blackest hair when she opened her blonde HM wig, a Christmas present. She wore it to school for weeks. :D I just think that Miley, at 19, while a young 'lady' is making some bad choices. Not just in these pictures but also drug usage.

For the record; I am in no way a prude, dh has learned to check his pockets before he goes into work. ;) I put the * in penis because of TOS and if there are kids reading. I was gonna put dick in the caption but thought that wouldn't fly either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back