UNSOLVED CA - Livermore, Altamont Hills, decomposed body, Jan'12

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
By Paul Thissen, Contra Costa Times
Posted: 01/24/2012 01:51:50 PM PST

LIVERMORE -- A decomposed body was found Sunday on a remote, rural stretch of Patterson Pass Road east of Livermore, according to the Alameda County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities do not know whether it was a man or a woman, according to the Sheriff's press release.

[...]

Anyone with information about the body can call Det. Edmund Chicoine at 510-667-3636 or the anonymous tip line at 510-667-3622
Full Article: click here

answered my own question, nothing for alameda co for this remains. let me search the neighboring county just in case.

so livermore is solidly in alameda county. patterson pass road is a very narrow winding sometimes one lane road in the hills between patterson and livermore. i searched stanislaus co for these remains as well but nothing.

I've always wondered why these remains received very little coverage. With so many young people missing from the Bay Area you'd think there'd be families pushing for the id. It can also be easily reached from I-5 and there's still very little traffic through those hills. In my more cynical moments I think the case has received so little press because Livermore has been grooming its "destination appeal" and doesn't want to acknowledge any ugliness.

I've always wondered why these remains received very little coverage. With so many young people missing from the Bay Area you'd think there'd be families pushing for the id. It can also be easily reached from I-5 and there's still very little traffic through those hills. In my more cynical moments I think the case has received so little press because Livermore has been grooming its "destination appeal" and doesn't want to acknowledge any ugliness.

euw thats cold but i see your point. SO many missing ppl.... all those young men from SF

Do we think this person was ever identified? Are they in Namus yet?
Did anyone ever at least determine the age of three remains or COD? This could be one of the seemingly thousands of young people that San Francisco just...swallowed up I agree!

Perhaps a message to Alameda LE is in order for further info?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back