694 users online (99 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Daytona woman, 64, holds suspect in yard at gunpoint

DAYTONA BEACH -- A 22-year-old car theft suspect tried to elude police Tuesday morning, but was stopped in his tracks when he was confronted by a gun-toting 64-year-old woman. ................

Granville said she was up late because her cat had rousted her. She was watching the movie Rio Bravo when she heard a sheriff's helicopter hovering above her house.

Moments later, she said she saw Willis run into her backyard and try to scale her fence. Granville grabbed her .38 Special revolver and followed him.

"My adrenaline was just flowing at 100 mph," she said. "I just said, 'Stop right there (expletive), or you're going to be dead where you stand."

Granville held the man at gunpoint until police arrived.

More at link....

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Charles Robbins, 82, shot and killed 24-year-old Tyler Orshoski after the man apparently tried to break into his home Jan. 11. (Link to this story is also found in the link in Reader's OP)

Police Chief Mike Chitwood said he doesn't encourage vigilante justice but said people have the right to protect themselves or their property.

"They're fed up with everything," he said. "People have to do what they have to do."

Granville said she had to drink a glass of wine after the incident to calm her nerves.

She said she hopes she never has to pull out her gun again.

"It was quite an experience," she said. "I'm just glad I could help."
    Go-Go Granny Granville!!!

While logistically I know that reality is that the risk involved in what Granville did is Overwhelmingly BAD with horrible outcome of possibly even an innocent civilian being killed by the criminal upon attempting to intervene in such a situation.. I realize that but cannot help but to be proud as well when these type situations happen where the good guy prevails against evil.. Case in point is the Mckinley case of the young mom and recent widower taking her shotgun and blasting a hole thru the intruder brandishing a 12in blade hunting knife.. Resulting in him dying!!.. I won't lie that I take great pride in the fact these strong women are sending out a very clear message that we, as potential victims are no shrinking violets that are going to cower in fear as we're robbed, invaded, raped, or murdered but rather will stand up and not hesitate so much as even a millisecond to not only arm ourselves(as Granville did) but not to hesitate to pull that trigger(as Mckinley did).. I'm very sad that it's come to this and can only hope that these situations ARE DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB OF SENDING A DIRECT MESSAGE TO CRIMINALS THAT SHOULD THEY CHOOSE TO ATTEMPT TO HARM US, OUR CHILDREN, AND EVEN OUR PROPERTY THAT WE WILL NOT HESITATE TO SHOOT TO KILL THE PERP!!

As I said I do realize the overwhelming danger involved in what Granville chose to do but am very thankful that this situation proved the point that we are no shrinking violets and the criminals should take heed of these warnings..

I love that she was watching Rio Bravo.