Dash Cam for Oct.4th a.m.

At the very end of the video, it looks like there could be a person on the stoop. You can see the a moving blob if you watch the video in fullscreen.

Screenshot for reference:

dashcamscreenshot.png

It does seem strange he stopped for a full 2 mins-I am guessing it was not called in as a missing child,a police officer would not stop if it was..

http://www.kctv5.com/video?clipId=6678236&autostart=true

I would love to know why the cop stops for a full two minutes at 4:08 and doesn't proceed until the other vehicle drives towards him and turns lights off. Am I seeing things there?

You can clearly see the white car and the work truck in the drive.

Not seeing things. The 2nd car is an an unmarked patrol car. It's never a good idea for 1 officer to arrive on the scene of something like this alone. Safety in numbers and all. The 1st officer had to wait for the 2nd one.
IMO, both officers turned their lights off to conceal their arrival. Another precaution.

For those not familiar with KCMO, you can see that it is not a flat terrain. Walking to the river from the house is not a stroll across a flat field, it's a 'hilly' hike.

Not seeing things. The 2nd car is an an unmarked patrol car. It's never a good idea for 1 officer to arrive on the scene of something like this alone. Safety in numbers and all. The 1st officer had to wait for the 2nd one.
IMO, both officers turned their lights off to conceal their arrival. Another precaution.
This is exactly as I see it and does fall straight in line with being called in as a possible burglary in process. They did not know what kind of situation they were entering.

For those not familiar with KCMO, you can see that it is not a flat terrain. Walking to the river from the house is not a stroll across a flat field, it's a 'hilly' hike.
Sure is!. Chouteau is about the only flat road around at all. The city of North Kansas City (area directly to the west a couple of miles) is flat, but this area is known for it's hills. A lot of people from other parts of the area come up here in the winter for some awesome sledding. Lonnnnnnnnng rolling hills.

So IF this was called in as a burglary..why...Your child is missing and you call the police for a burglary-Wouldn't you want the police there ASAP...That video shows me that they were not rushing for a missing child..JMO

So IF this was called in as a burglary..why...Your child is missing and you call the police for a burglary-Wouldn't you want the police there ASAP...That video shows me that they were not rushing for a missing child..JMO
It was DISPATCHED as a possible burglary in process with a missing child. Not the families fault if this is the way it was dispatched. For the safety of LE, they will wait for backup when approaching an unknown, possibly volatile situation. LE was following proper procedure for what the call was dispatched as.

Was the 911 call released? I don't think it was. That would sure clear things up here.

This is exactly as I see it and does fall straight in line with being called in as a possible burglary in process. They did not know what kind of situation they were entering.

I wasn't sure on why the one officer waited but I think you and others are right.

But to clarify..it wasn't called in as a burglary in progress. Jeremy Irwin called in as a kidnapping. It was DISPATCHED and coded to the officers as burglary in progress.

But the one officer is clearly driving fast with sirens and lights at times and he has the dispatcher repeat the information to him. Not saying you are saying this but to be clear this wasn't a nonchalent drive by the one officer. I think the second one waited for the first as you and others have said.

Finally, I am pretty sure a few seconds were caught off when transferring the DVD video into the content management system to get on the web. I'll relook at it more closely Friday for the figure on the stoop. Thanks to the person who pointed that out.

911 tapes of active investigations are exempt from public disclosure by Missouri Sunshine Law. That's why Joplin 911 calls released, this one has not been.

I wasn't sure on why the one officer waited but I think you and others are right.

But to clarify..it wasn't called in as a burglary in progress. Jeremy Irwin called in as a kidnapping. It was DISPATCHED and coded to the officers as burglary in progress.

But the one officer is clearly driving fast with sirens and lights at times and he has the dispatcher repeat the information to him. Not saying you are saying this but to be clear this wasn't a nonchalent drive by the one officer. I think the second one waited for the first as you and others have said.

Finally, I am pretty sure a few seconds were caught off when transferring the DVD video into the content management system to get on the web. I'll relook at it more closely Friday for the figure on the stoop. Thanks to the person who pointed that out.

911 tapes of active investigations are exempt from public disclosure by Missouri Sunshine Law. That's why Joplin 911 calls released, this one has not been.

I also realized that we must now know exactly what time the 911 call was made. Both dash cams start pretty much at the same time. They don't start when the officers' vehicles begin moving. Based on the open-records request and the police department's wording in their second response, I think it's safe to say the 911 call came in at 3:58 a.m.

I must have been brain fried earlier today. I couldn't figure out why the police department released so much dash cam video of them sitting doing nothing or just driving...but it's tied to the moment that Jeremy Irwin dialed 911 imo.

I also realized that we must now know exactly what time the 911 call was made. Both dash cams start pretty much at the same time. They don't start when the officers' vehicles begin moving. Based on the open-records request and the police department's wording in their second response, I think it's safe to say the 911 call came in at 3:58 a.m.

I must have been brain fried earlier today. I couldn't figure out why the police department released so much dash cam video of them sitting doing nothing or just driving...but it's tied to the moment that Jeremy Irwin dialed 911 imo.

Thanks DeAnn for keeping Lisa's story alive.

Was the 911 call released? I don't think it was. That would sure clear things up here.

--the 911 call was not released--but the dispatch logs were.

( there was an entire thread on them here i believe..)

http://www.kmbc.com/r/29471219/detail.html

News exclusively obtained more than 12 hours of police dispatch tapes that help outline the moments following 11-month-old Lisa Irwin's disappearance.

KMBC's Martin Augustine listened to several hours of the tapes and reported that the situation quickly escalates after the initial call.

"Report of a residential burglary in progress," one of the dispatchers said on the tapes. "3620 North Lister. Contact Jeremy. Respond code 1."

Code 1 tells officers to respond to the scene quickly. Jeremy refers to Jeremy Irwin, the father of baby Lisa, who called police after returning from an overnight work shift on Oct. 4 to find her daughter missing.

"He noticed the screen is busted and 10-month-old daughter is missing," the dispatcher continues. "He advised he didn't witness anything. And they don't know how long she's been gone."

BBM Both? Is there a link to the other one? I saw only one in the OP or am I missing something obvious? TIA :D

Are the protocols different when a call is dispatched as a burglary versus a child abduction?

I would think so but does anyone know? Was this a big ooops by LE?

JMO, I don't think the two minutes made any difference to the outcome. If it was the abductor strolling with Lisa at midnight or at 4 am when MT saw him he was gone by the time 911 was even called and if it was the family they would have got rid of Lisa before calling 911.

JMO, I don't think the two minutes made any difference to the outcome. If it was the abductor strolling with Lisa at midnight or at 4 am when MT saw him he was gone by the time 911 was even called and if it was the family they would have got rid of Lisa before calling 911.

But they could've dispatched other vehicles to look for a missing child, wouldn't they? They could've had other vehicles searching the area or looking out for anything/anyone suspicious?

I realize there has to be a written report first, I guess. IDK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back