IL IL - Brian Andrewin, 16, Chicago, 10 July 1995

sweetpea657

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 10, 1995 from Chicago, Illinois
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 25, 1978
Height and Weight: 5'8, 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes. Andrewin has a small scar on his eyebrow. He also has a birthmark on the right side of his neck.

Details of Disappearance
Andrewin was last seen on July 10, 1995 in his hometown of Chicago, Illinois. He was playing basketball with friends at a local park at the time. Andrewin has never been heard from again. He was originally classified as an endangered runaway but in December 2003 his case was reclassified as endangered missing. Few details are available in his case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/andrewin_brian.html

:bump: for Brian, missing 18 years today. :( Brian's 35th birthday is next month.

BKAndrewin.jpg
BKAndrewinAP.jpg

Left: Andrewin, circa 1995 Right: Age progression by NCME to 30 years (2008)

http://doenetwork.org/cases/499dmil.html

Not much info on Brian's case. I wonder what happened to him. Someone has to know.... There is more to the story somewhere. I wonder what the friends he was playing ball with had to say?

Praying Brian comes home soon.

Not much info on Brian's case. I wonder what happened to him. Someone has to know.... There is more to the story somewhere. I wonder what the friends he was playing ball with had to say?

Praying Brian comes home soon.

BBM -- my thoughts exactly, Cubby. :(

This inquiring mind would love to know. :confused:

Next week marks 19 years since Brian disappeared. :( He would be turning 36 years old next month. I hope someday that someone speaks up.

https://identifyus.org/cases/539
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2282umfl.html (Details the possible fall from an airplane.)
Could this be Brian?
z6A7Oc9.jpg

I found this UID and the only match that had circumstances that didn't point to accidents or foul play, looked like the UID's composite, was close in height (Brain was 5'8", 1 inch discrepancy according to namus, within the 5'5" - 5'11" estimate of Doe Network), and was close to the 1-2 year time frame estimated. Brian went missing less than a year than before the body was found, but maybe remains decompose quicker in the humidity of Florida and the estimate was off as a result.

Damage to the bones indicated a fall from a high place and the location of the body was along a flight path for Orlando's airport. Maybe Brain snuck into the landing gear hold of a plane in (remember this was pre-9/11) Chicago and fell when the landing gear opened when approaching Orlando.

I thought of this idea as it happened in my region a few years ago and the teenage kid passed out due to lack of oxygen in the landing gear hold once the plane was in the air, then fell to the ground when the landing gear was lowered for landing in Boston.

This is one of the cases that I follow extensively. I've asked for the police file for him and Asante Willoughby, and my FOIA request was denied. I may not have filled the form out correctly. I pray that one day the family will receive the answer they've been seeking.

This person was found 4 months after Brian went missing and just under .5 miles away according to the locations marked on the NCMEC Help ID Me map. The only thing listed that doesn't match up is the decedent was estimated to have died 6-18 months prior. 2 months off the estimate doesn't seem unreasonable in my opinion especially given the close proximity.

• Date Found- Nov 5, 1995
  • Location Found- Chicago, IL
  • Estimated Age- 15-19
  • Sex- Male
  • Race- Black
  • Hair Color-Black
  • Eye Color-Unknown
  • Estimated Height- 5'6" to 5'11"

"On November 5, 1995, an unidentified male was found in Chicago, Cook County, IL. The male was found in a vacant lot on South Throop Street in a rundown industrial area. It was estimated that the male was in his late teens, and he had been deceased for six to eighteen months. He stood 5?6? to 5?11? feet tall and had black hair. The male?s eye color and weight cannot be determined. He was found wearing a size XL black t-shirt with the words Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Rattlers written in red and white lettering and green jeans with a black belt. He was also wearing green and red plaid boxers and size 10 black ?Reebok? tennis shoes. No other belongings were found with the male. The photographs above are enhanced images of the shirt and sneakers the male was found wearing."

Today, I spoke with both a Cook County Detective and the Cook County Medical Examiner to ask if this comparison had ever been made. They both had difficulties finding the person, I had to walk them through how to find the unidentified person on NCMEC because the unidentified person was never entered into NAMUS and they didn't have a John Doe in their database from the day listed on NCMEC. The Medical Examiner I spoke with (Rebecca was the first name, not sure on last) explained that there is no case number associated with the report on NCMEC so it has never been put into their digital systems and that she has no idea where NCMEC got that information from. She said they will have to go through paper records to find the unidentified person's case in order to look into it and that she would contact the detective I spoke with earlier.

If anybody wants to look at the map - ArcGIS Web Application
Zoom in towards Chicago (if you zoom too far, the dots will disappear). Look for Tinley Park (southwest of Chicago). Right above Tinley Park, there are three dots very close together (two red and one blue). The blue is the unidentified and the red directly above is Brian.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back