GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandab

Reaction score
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120127/METRO01/201270393/

*snip*

As new details emerged Thursday in the strangling of a Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive, big questions remained unanswered about what happened and how Jane Bashara's SUV wound up six miles from her home in an alley on Detroit's east side, with her body inside.

*snip*

In all the reports I have seen, she made it home from work. The TV was on, purse and cell phone in the house. It really sounds like she was strangled in the home and her body driven to the area 6 miles from home. It probably won't take long to solve this one. If it was the husband, I am sure he made many mistakes that will trip him up.

Some of the comments to local stories say she was in her slippers. Some people do go out in their slippers, but they are usually teens not older women.

From your linked article:

What a strange comment. I have never heard of any husbands referring to their wife as their girlfriend.

Ok my hinky meter just went into overdrive.. What a very odd way to refer to one's spouse?!? WTH??
Seems as tho this will have resolution sooner rather than later.. Thank God for there are already WAY TOO MANY UNSOLVED missing women and children cases!!!

**ETA- just wanted to add that I'm probably the only "woman" who does still happen to run out to a few neighborhood stores and bank in my house shoes/slippers.. Started doing so in my "teens" but sadly with the mad rush I always seem to be in I'm still doing so at the age of 35.. :blushing:

I only know what I have read here, and I can't see blaming him ONLY on a lie detector test. I understand that the majority of the time in cases similar, the hubby is prime suspect. ...but I personally don't have any evidence to lead me to accuse him---yet. just my 2 cents.

My son-in-law knows this guy personally and describes him as a very weird man. He is a big guy @ 6'3" approx 280 lbs. He's a slum lord and own's apartment complexes in Detroit. Also of note, their youngest child left home last fall to attend MSU. I wonder what was really going on in their marriage after their two kids left home. My daughter and her husband live a mile from the Bashara's home. I'm fairly certain this case will be resolved rather quickly.

I forgot to mention that her SUV Mercedes had GPS tracking. Investigators will be able to tell if her car left her garage and went directly to it's dumping site. Not looking to good for the husband at this point.

I only know what I have read here, and I can't see blaming him ONLY on a lie detector test. I understand that the majority of the time in cases similar, the hubby is prime suspect. ...but I personally don't have any evidence to lead me to accuse him---yet. just my 2 cents.

I think for me the fact that LE came out so quick to name him a suspect was a big factor. Makes me think that LE knows alot about alot of things we don't.

I think for me the fact that LE came out so quick to name him a suspect was a big factor. Makes me think that LE knows alot about alot of things we don't.

SuziQ, the Grosse Pointes are very wealthy communities. Some would describe the area as snobbishly wealthy. I think we will hear more leaked info in this case because the powers that be do NOT want their citizens to be concerned for their own safety or to believe this is a random killing if it isn't.

It's great that Detroit Detectives are assisting in the investigation, because there isn't a ton of crime in the pointes and LE is limited in resources there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth