musings on Hailey- have any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreshowtime

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out where to put this so opened another thread:)
those that have followed the case, help me remember? On Mon SA 'quit' his job, and then did whatever....and went to pick BD up from work in Synder, went to the ATM and bought some goodies and went home....
When was it he supposedly told BD that Hailey was going to her dad's and then to spend the night at MBG's??
Didn't BD question him on why he was home to see her that afternoon?
Later on BD had said Hailey was suppose to stay at home and not be wandering around while BD was at work.
If that was the case, then WHY didn't BD CALL over at MBG to 'scold' Hailey for rambling around...or at least check and make sure she WAS spending the night, that it was OK???

Wouldn't (shouldn't) a mom having been at work all day speak with their child before 'bedtime' to see that all is copacetic?? Or is not bothering to a norm these days...or just some of the dysfunction at play then?

Why is something about how things played out on Monday REALLY bothering me tonight, and this whole spend the night bizness.

Any thoughts anyone??

If SA told BD that first evening that Hailey was staying with a friend, I am guessing she was not upset, as she later said, but happy to have a night alone with SA, and figured she would deal with Hailey the next day (this is assuming BD did not know anything about H being missing.) The bit about Hailey not being allowed to go without calling, etc...I believe was all part of her showing what a "good" mother she was.

I honestly don't know what to believe about SA. He seems the obvious suspect, but it is possible, at least, that Hailey went out and was abducted by a stranger, or got into the wrong car. I can't completely rule out the alleged sightings by neighbors, although we all know how wrong these can be. And my confidence in this LE is pretty close to zero.

But I can't understand BD's attitude toward her daughter vanishing; she seems very casual about it all and seems as though she has just gone on with her life.

Billie wasn't exactly "casual" about Hailey missing, in the beginning. As I recall, she was pretty upset on some of the t.v. interviews. Maybe not to the satisfaction of many people, but some people just hold it in better than others.
In my view, a person cannot keep on being highly emotional indefinitely, even when their child is missing. There comes a day when you have to go about a normal life, or you will end up in the insane asylum.
None of us know what Billie does on a daily basis. For all we know, she could be having crying spells several times a day and barely be able to function. There aren't any reporters or cameras following her around now, so I don't understand how anyone would know what she's doing.
As far as her moving to Austin... I don't blame her, I would be wanting to get away from that town myself.

If you recall, when the friends mother was interviewed, aside from claiming that her daughter neither saw nor heard from HD (apparently incorrect, since we know from LE that the phone HD had was used to text her daughter that day) she also claimed that she would not let her daughter overnight at BDs house since on previous occasions when it happened she later found out that the girls were running wild out at night. She didnt seem to have a very high opinion of BD and was distancing her daughter from the situation. That would imply that BDs oversight of HDs activities left a whole lot to be desired, and perhaps she wouldn't have seen anything unusual about HD upping and leaving with no warning like that. She could hardly say that once HD had dissappeared though, so she gave a PC response instead.

Regarding the friend, there is a discrepancy between what the friends mother said (presumably after her conversation with her daughter on the subject) and what we know was sent over the phone, and that is something that does not appear to have been explored. I bet that friend knows something we don't. Even if not directly involved, she would certainly have insight into the family dynamics from HDs perspective.

I cannot remember the exact specifics now. But I remember clearly that there was a discrepancy in their stories about when and how Billie found out that Hailey had left for a sleepover. Originally, IIRC, she said she did not know until she came home that evening with Shawn, that Hailey was not going to be there. Then later, she changed the story, and said Shawn called her in the afternoon. But I don't think the cell histroy matched with her new version. I do remember there was a lot of discussion about it in the old threads.

When she originally said that she did not know until she got home that evening, people scoffed at her, and asked why she never spoke to her child who was home waiting. Why wouldn't she check in with Hailey, discuss their dinner plans, ask about her day?

Thank you all for your responses. Something about the events as we know them that 'day' just continues to not sit well with me.
MBG's mom seemed somewhat uh, sincere, in her saying MGB wasn't spending the night over at Hailey's any more...which is why I wonder why BD didn't seem more ruffled at the news that Hailey was heading over there to spend the night.....just seems odd to me. Or did BD not give a flip....I don't recall MGB's mom saying Hailey wasn't welcome there any more....
If SA knew there were 'issues' between the 2 moms, why would he 'say' Hailey said she was heading there?
Or was Hailey really saying/doing this being a typical teen and going over any way...knowing BD probably didn't REALLY care.........
sorry to keep yammering on, but this case just gnaws at me...
I wonder if MBG's immediate home/neighborhood needed a lot more scrutiny that presumedly given??

This case gnaws at me too, sreshowtime. More than any other case and that's saying something. I have wondered about MBG's house and family since day 1, but I really doubt the CCity PD have ever done much follow up. One of the dogs supposedly followed Hailey's scent down the street to the MBG's doorstep. I don't recall ever hearing about any follow up on that.

With our daughter, we did not let her stay the night with a friend unless we knew the family well. I was surprised how many parents would let their daughters spend the night here, with only a phone call, and they had never met us. Different styles of parenting.

Were there issues between BD and MBG's Mom? Or was it just that MBG's Mom knew that BD provided very little supervision? My daughter had friends over the years, whose home's she could not go to because I knew certain things about the parents. That was not a moral judgement, we just didn't feel she would be safe. I had the feeling that the two Mom's had never even spoke to each other. Which iI remember thinking was odd because the girl's were best friends.

IIRC, Billie did not have a landline in their home. She called DD the next day from work and told him to call or text MB and tell Hailey to come home. Hailey left the phone at home when she left the house that afternoon. Was that normal? How would Billie contact Hailey then? I guess she could have called MB's cell phone to confirm the overnight plans. Which you would have thought she would have done because, MB's Mom said Hailey had never spent the night at their home, so this would have been a first. Besides staying the night with Clint and Clint's Mom, I never heard Billie mention another friend that Hailey stayed overnight with. I remember that struck a chord with me. Staying at MB's should have been all the more reason to check in with Hailey that night after she got home from work.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

Just another unresolved issue in Hailey's disappearance and so very frustrating. Billie was an inattentive parent, no doubt about that. Her focus was SA and herself. That night when SA picked her up from work, they hit the ATM, headed to BD's Mom's house and bought drugs. Came home, got stoned and who knows what else. Hailey was the farthest thing from BD's mind. Remember how she struggled in those early news stories to describe Hailey and even the most basic routines in their home?

IIRC early in the case there were some adult friends of the family that were claiming that HD spent an extended time living with them at one point. What was the deal with that?

Tugela- thanks for the reminder on that- need to go back and read...and wasn't Hailey in school in Snyder for a while then?? Hmm, wonder if that was after all the 911 hoopala...and the so called death threats by SA

JMO and MHO at that. BD did not know who MGB's mother was... or she would not have let her stay the night there. I think it was explained that she worked 12 hour shifts at the hospital and pretty much relied on the father to share in the parenting. Since she was gone at least 13 hours a day and he did not work. He also had mentioned that she did go to his home everyday.

Local LE from the beginning said evidence pointed to runaway. I think they know what they are talking about although others have been able to influence my way of thinking at times.

Billie said on NancyG, "she is ours... not yours" ???
Who else would have thought she is theirs?

Thanks StrayKat- you have given me something to ponder on. I remember that statement and thinking hmmm....and now, hmmm again.

Thank you for this thread. I still think of Hailey often but I have no new info to offer so I haven't posted for a long time.

In my opinion, if Hailey had run away from home she would have already turned up somewhere by now. While I think her family life was lacking, I don't recall hearing anything about Hailey's behavior at the time to think she had reason or desire to run away.

I can't get past all the strange behavior by SA & BD leading up to & in the days following Hailey's disappearance. I won't list them all but there would have to be a whole heckuva lot of coincidences which just happened to fall on the day(or night) Hailey went missing.

The thing that convinces me BD at least knows what happened to Hailey is her choice not to just move out of Hailey's home but to leave town. I just can't believe a parent would do that when they didn't know where their child was and when/if they might come home.

BTW ... I don't give CD a free pass in all of this either but he did seem to be a more caring parent than BD and I don't believe he had anything to do with Hailey missing.

All the above just my musings & opinions.

Thanks StrayKat- you have given me something to ponder on. I remember that statement and thinking hmmm....and now, hmmm again.

Can you link where BD said that? Looked for a bit but couldn't find it, thx
icon7.gif

let me hunt around Knox- I know it is out there somewhere...Straycat- you got a link by any chance?

I did find this-
B. DUNN: Somebody took her. She`s mine and Clint`s daughter. We want her back
snipped from
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

still looking for the 'ours nots yours'- I think I do remember those specific words...

was it on Nancy Grace- or one of the local stations- I seem to recall her standing in the front yard, white t shirt and that, she's not yours.she's ours.....

rats where was it

Looking for families and close friends of people who have disappeared
for possible inclusion in Investigation Discovery show in its 5th
season.

Disappeared follows real missing persons cases through the eyes of the
families and investigators who work tirelessly to find these people.

We are looking for people willing to be interviewed on camera, to tell
their story and all of the steps that have been taken in their search,
as well as be willing to discuss their personal relationships with the
missing person in order to help us tell the whole story. We're looking
for unresolved cases and those that have been resolved and involved
extensive searches.

If you would be willing to share your experience, please send an email
to Erin at erin.browne@nbcuni.com

I couldn't figure out where to put this so opened another thread:)
those that have followed the case, help me remember? On Mon SA 'quit' his job, and then did whatever....and went to pick BD up from work in Synder, went to the ATM and bought some goodies and went home....
When was it he supposedly told BD that Hailey was going to her dad's and then to spend the night at MBG's??
Didn't BD question him on why he was home to see her that afternoon?
Later on BD had said Hailey was suppose to stay at home and not be wandering around while BD was at work.
If that was the case, then WHY didn't BD CALL over at MBG to 'scold' Hailey for rambling around...or at least check and make sure she WAS spending the night, that it was OK???

Wouldn't (shouldn't) a mom having been at work all day speak with their child before 'bedtime' to see that all is copacetic?? Or is not bothering to a norm these days...or just some of the dysfunction at play then?

Why is something about how things played out on Monday REALLY bothering me tonight, and this whole spend the night bizness.

Any thoughts anyone??

Her working those long days (12 hr shift- 20 miles away)... daddy across the street. He may have, more than likely, parented more in a physical/social/emotional type dynamic. And mom probably parented more in a financial/enforcer type. It has been mentioned her being a daddys's girl and that she wanted to go live with him. Billie probably did get comfortable with him being a dad... "going to dads then to MB's to stay the night". When she found out, she told him to call the police.

HE DIDN'T CALL! Remember daddies girl!
Earring?

http://74.6.117.48/search/srpcache?...3&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=26wq0Zu5JpNpLKZk9tFB0w--

snipped-Arrests
- Tehama Interagency Drug Enforcement task force agents arrested three men in Corning Thursday after a caller reported hearing an argument in which a man was screaming about killing everyone. Deputies stopped a white Mitsubishi with Texas plates and then called in task force agents to a single-wide mobile home near Hillcrest Drive and Maverick Road.
Those arrested were Brian Keith Glasco, 42, and Clifford Gene Glasco, 63, both of Corning and Robert Lynn Freeman, 34, of Snyder, Texas. All three were charged with possession of marijuana for sale and possession of concentrated cannabis. Freeman and Brian Glasco had an additional charge of selling marijuana. Bail was set at $45,000 each for Freeman and Brian Glasco,t $35,000 for Clifford Glasco.

HOW interesting....seems like Clint's half brother can't stay out of trouble...

and still has ties to Snyder...hmmm, must think on this

I'd be very interested to know if drugs are <were>coming back to Ccty from california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk