1021 users online (188 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - A body in a casket in a self storage unit - for 17 years

Discovery of dead woman in storage unit unearths family's secret (tampabay.com)
    CLEARWATER — When Ann Bunch, a 95-year-old grandmother, died in her nursing home after three heart attacks and a paralyzing stroke, her family took her to a funeral home to prepare her for burial.

Her grandson-in-law built a coffin-like plywood trunk, domed to allow for her dowager's hump. Her family painted it blue, her favorite color.

The family readied a Ford Econoline van for the nine-hour drive to Coloumbiana, Ala., where Bunch, born on New Year's Day 1900, was to be buried alongside her ancestors.

But on Thursday, 17 years later, police peered into a Clearwater U-Stor Self Storage unit stuffed with trash bags and old TVs and found a long blue box. Inside were Bunch's skeletal remains.
    ---
    the rest of the odd tale at link above

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Discovery of dead woman in storage unit unearths family's secret (tampabay.com)

the rest of the odd tale at link above
    Wow, that's just bizarre. I can believe she kept the body because she's a hoarder....they are a rare breed.

I'm sort of a hoarder, but a body in a coffin in a self storage unit for 17 years is in an entirely different league.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I'm sort of a hoarder, but a body in a coffin in a self storage unit for 17 years is in an entirely different league.
    I have a friend who is a hoarder. She has 4 storage rooms and the garage to a house that she rents out. She actually rents just the house, not the garage. I tried helping her clean out her own garage - four times. She can NOT throw anything away...it's exhausting. We drag it all out onto the driveway, and at the end of the day, she has dragged it all back in. Her father died at Christmas - I'm sure his things will be taking up another storage room.

Wow... Interesting how the mind works.
    Just my, no one elses

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...

Body in Casket in Storage Unit

Call me weird but I would love to know that happened. There's got to be a story behind this.

From the story:
    He was alarmed to find a long, blue casket within the unit, containing the corpse of the grandmother, and he immediately contacted the Clearwater Police Department.

http://www.bangstyle.com/2012/01/gra...fter-17-years/
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

My jaw almost hit the floor reading this, I loved my nan but holding on to your grandmothers body for 17 years is going a bit too far.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." – Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite