596 users online (59 members and 537 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500

    PA - Reyna Aguirre-Alonso, 33, shot to death, Philadephia, 23 Jan 2012

    Jorge Aldea has been arrested in New York City after an exection style murder of a woman in Philadelphia this week.

    Actually Aldea has been arrested in a murder that occured in Philly on Thanksgiving day. Rumor was that this woman had witnessed that murder which some say was not true. Aldea (photo at link) then reportedly entered a store she was working at and bypassed two other workers and shot her dead. For some reason the woman is going by two names. In some accounts she is Rosemary and others she is Reyna.

    In all of this there are people blaming the police for her murder as they picked her up for questioning about the murder. "They set her up" one friend said.

    Beautiful woman. It's sad all the way around.

    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/138239184.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Reyna Aguirre Alonso. Fed up and gunned down.





    http://www.metro.us/philadelphia/loc...nd-gunned-down

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,156
    instead of being scared, the neighbourhood should rise up in their anger

    I know it's easy for me to say ... but it's either that or live as hostages for the rest of their lives in that neighbourhood

    the victim stood up for what was right and her friends & neighbours could honor her memory by continuing her fight

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    instead of being scared, the neighbourhood should rise up in their anger

    I know it's easy for me to say ... but it's either that or live as hostages for the rest of their lives in that neighbourhood

    the victim stood up for what was right and her friends & neighbours could honor her memory by continuing her fight


    LadyL I can offer no explanation save for this maybe?
    http://www.phawker.com/2011/08/23/sp...-corners-2011/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Jorge Aldea's long arrest record including shooting a man in the neck. Countless drug charges at the age of 16. On and on and on and on.........




    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pe...utter_St_.html



    ....and another memorial springs up. Poor lady is d-e-a-d going back to Mexico in a casket.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Jorge Aldea's long arrest record including shooting a man in the neck. Countless drug charges at the age of 16. On and on and on and on.........




    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pe...utter_St_.html



    ....and another memorial springs up. Poor lady is d-e-a-d going back to Mexico in a casket.
    from Filly's link:
    (I wonder how this judge is feeling right now. Unbelievable that someone like this could walk right out of jail for peanuts.)

    According to police reports, Aldea had sold drugs on Mascher Street, one block over from Mutter, and had shot Chevere - who had recently gotten off house arrest on drug charges - over a dispute.

    Chevere, who was known around Mutter as Omer, had written his name on the street signs. On one stop sign, he wrote, "Can't STOP Omer." Aldea allegedly killed him just feet from the sign around midnight Nov. 25.

    Three nights later, someone shot up a sidewalk memorial to Chevere.

    Aldea was arrested on Dec. 21 after patrol officers spotted him carrying a loaded handgun into a North Philadelphia grocery store. Nine days after his arrest, a ballistics test matched his gun to the casings at the Chevere memorial.

    Once again, jail couldn't hold him.

    On Jan. 5, over an objection from the District Attorney's Office, Common Pleas Court Judge Nazario Jimenez Jr. reduced Aldea's bail from $50,000 to $20,000. Before dawn on Jan. 11, Aldea posted 10 percent and was free.

    Later that day, a warrant was issued for him in Chevere's killing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    from Filly's link:
    (I wonder how this judge is feeling right now. Unbelievable that someone like this could walk right out of jail for peanuts.)

    According to police reports, Aldea had sold drugs on Mascher Street, one block over from Mutter, and had shot Chevere - who had recently gotten off house arrest on drug charges - over a dispute.

    Chevere, who was known around Mutter as Omer, had written his name on the street signs. On one stop sign, he wrote, "Can't STOP Omer." Aldea allegedly killed him just feet from the sign around midnight Nov. 25.

    Three nights later, someone shot up a sidewalk memorial to Chevere.

    Aldea was arrested on Dec. 21 after patrol officers spotted him carrying a loaded handgun into a North Philadelphia grocery store. Nine days after his arrest, a ballistics test matched his gun to the casings at the Chevere memorial.

    Once again, jail couldn't hold him.

    On Jan. 5, over an objection from the District Attorney's Office, Common Pleas Court Judge Nazario Jimenez Jr. reduced Aldea's bail from $50,000 to $20,000. Before dawn on Jan. 11, Aldea posted 10 percent and was free.

    Later that day, a warrant was issued for him in Chevere's killing.

    Right? Arrested for shooting outside a bar. Arrested when bullet fragmants hit a one year old baby. Arrested for pointing a gun at a woman in a car. Out of jail.

    Another reason people don't cooperate. You know people are going to get out of jail. Who will protect you.

    The link I put up basically describes business. It's supply and demand. Often encompassing entire blocks. Families. There's money to be made. Nobody gets in the way.

    In all honesty I can't blame people for being quiet. I can't blame people for not looking others in the eye. You're lucky to get out with your life.

    Also at link this is the street they found the Kensington Strangler living on. One tiny block so much pain.

    Edit to say we lived right around the corner from here when I was a little kid. That was over fourty years ago. It was bad then. It had gotten so bad my parents couldn't sell the house. They just walked. Left. Got us out. My sympathy for the good people that are trapped. It's a daily hazzard just waking up in the morning and leaving the house.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,080
    Another man and a woman have been arrested in the execution murder of store clerk Reyna Alonso:

    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...r_witness.html

    The alleged shooter, Raymond Soto, 20, is believed to be an associate of Jorge Aldea, 23, the man charged in the killing Alonso had witnessed, police sources said.

    Soto, of the 800 block of East Hilton Street, has been charged with murder, criminal conspiracy and related offenses.

    Police also arrested Eliana Vazquez, 19, of the 3200 block of Kip Street, and charged her with conspiracy. Police have not yet described her alleged role in Alonso's killing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,080
    Four charged now in the execution slaying of Reyna Alonso. The link in my post above has been updated:

    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...cmpid=15585797

    Aldea was the mastermind and the other four carried out his command to eliminate her as a witness to the previous killing, according to police.

    The death penalty is too good for these people.

    It also turns out that Reyna Alonso never actually saw Aldea shoot the previous victim, and would not be called to testify in any trial. She died for nothing, according to police.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,431
    From May 2015:

    http://articles.philly.com/2015-05-2...o-vega-witness

    A 20-year-old man pleaded guilty Wednesday to the North Philadelphia shooting death of a woman he believed was a witness to an earlier murder.

    Shawn Poindexter, who was 17 when he killed Reyna Aguirre-Alonso, was sentenced to 25 years to life after admitting to charges of first-degree murder and conspiracy...

    Aldea, 25, pleaded guilty last month to the murders of Aguirre-Alonso and Chevere and was sentenced to life in prison without parole.
    From July 2015:

    http://articles.philly.com/2015-07-0...be-mini-market

    Eliana Vazquez, 22, was sentenced by Common Pleas Judge Benjamin Lerner to five to 10 years in state prison for the Jan. 23, 2012, shooting death of Reyna Aguirre-Alonso, 31, inside the Caribe Mini Market...

    Vazquez pleaded guilty in 2013 to third-degree murder, conspiracy and witness intimidation. Her cooperation with prosecutors was key to her co-defendants' pleading guilty in the case...

    Raymond Soto, 23, who procured the gun used in the killing, pleaded guilty last year to third-degree murder and related offenses and was sentenced in May to 35 to 70 years in state prison.




Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY SD - Dalton Williams, 16, shot to death, Pierre, 18 Dec 2012
    By Jacie Estes in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-20-2016, 07:58 PM
  2. GUILTY PA - Tiffany Gillespie, 24, pregnant, murdered, Philadephia, 16 Feb 2012
    By Filly in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 06:54 AM
  3. Found Deceased TX - Adalid Aguirre Alvarez, 37, Dallas, 14 Dec 2012
    By Cagle in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 01:02 AM

Tags for this Thread